The Xbox one software update now fails about7 or 8 times before working

Discus and support The Xbox one software update now fails about7 or 8 times before working in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; I am running my Xbox one in the alpha preview mode. Since the update in October, I have been unable to get the system to update to software without... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by MuscledTugBoat0, Nov 4, 2022.

1. The Xbox one software update now fails about7 or 8 times before working

I am running my Xbox one in the alpha preview mode. Since the update in October, I have been unable to get the system to update to software without trying a number of times. It no longer updates from sleep mode, which it used to do without any issues

The Xbox X series I have works fine first time and does the upgrade whilst turn off / overnight. So, if the network was a problem both would fail.

Has anyone any ideas on how to make the Xbox one work properly again, as now I'm unable to play games on it for days at a time.

I'm begining to feeling that Xbox is not the platform it used to be...

:)

MuscledTugBoat0, Nov 4, 2022
  2. JosefLBohorquez Win User

Hi and thanks for reaching Microsoft Xbox gamer's community. My name is Josef.
    I'm an Independent Advisor and a Microsoft Xbox user like you.

Hope you're doing great today despite this MUSCLEDTUGBOAT0

Just as a friendly reminder, keep in mind that this is normal when you use alpha previews / insider builds.
    Here in the forums we can't assist you with beta versions

If you want to use your Xbox without problems the best option is always use an stable build.

If you don't want to leave the insider program, please report this problem on the insiders subreddit. There you can find specialized help
    https://www.reddit.com/r/xboxinsiders/
  3. Sporkmonkeh Win User

Fall System Update?

It may have been the update failed so the console had to revert back to previous software, preempting yet another update after the first failed one. The fact it errored numerous times is a bit odd but as long as it has gotten through now should be fine.
  4. Doomofman Win User

Only 5 countries get voice commands at launch...

Again, they've only 13 countries to focus on. They knew those 8 other countries existed before they started working on the Xbox One software.
  5. rollermania Win User

Infinite Error Loop

Exact same problem with my Xbox one x. This update literally killed my xbox, it was working fine before it. A software update should not brick a system. Won't update or factory reset. Go through all the **** channels that Xbox suggests and nothing works.
    Then go to support and the only thing they offer is to exchange for a new one and charge 337$?!?! What is the real problem here?!? The hardware or the software? The hardware was fine yesterday and now it magically isn't.
  6. yetis1 Win User

Fall 2012 Update upset video settings

So I tested other ports and its definitely the xbox. So now I m having issues signing into xbox live. It will only work from the home screen. But when I "test xbox live connection", it fails. Which is bazaar, as my network connections work. Any way
    to reinstall the latest software update or revert back to the old one?
Thema:

1. The Xbox one software update now fails about7 or 8 times before working - Similar Threads - software update fails

2. My xbox one doesn't turn back on in the restart phase of the software update. How do I fix...

in XBoX on Consoles
    My xbox one doesn't turn back on in the restart phase of the software update. How do I fix...: It's one of those normal software/system updates where you have to do the update to be able to connect to a network again. There is a progress bar at the bottom of the screen divided into 3 parts....
  3. After software update no video displays

in XBoX on Consoles
    After software update no video displays: After software update no video displays. Replaced hdmi cable, tried a different working hdmi port on the tv, and tried starting in low resolution mode. Nothing works. Xbox light comes on, o video...
  4. Can the xbox series X/S and elite series polling rate be unlocked via software update? Can...

in XBoX on Consoles
    Can the xbox series X/S and elite series polling rate be unlocked via software update? Can...: This thread is about the lock on xbox controller polling rate. I have tested and noticed that the lowest latencies I get on a xbox controller is 3-4ms vs 0.80-1ms from PS5 controllers and PC. On a...
  5. Xbox series x is software update issue

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox series x is software update issue: xbox series x the new black console is stuck doing a system update I'm frozen out of opening or pressing anything while its trying to do this so I can't go setting or anything like that I tried...
  6. Xbox cant load game after doing a software update

in XboX Insiders
    Xbox cant load game after doing a software update: Having a bug this morning where i got an xbox update while playing a game, i installed it fully and when i finally finished it i went to load my game back up but it keeps crashing with no error...
  7. Software Update not working and shutting down Xbox One

in XBoX on Consoles
    Software Update not working and shutting down Xbox One: My Xbox one is saying there needs to be a software update so when I start the update it all looks like it is happening ok, but it say that the Xbox will restart on software update, but it turns...
  8. Latest system update corrupted my system software

in XboX Insiders
    Latest system update corrupted my system software: Ever since the September system update my console has been completely corrupted. System won't start up till hours later and when it does it either freezes or all apps and games you try to start...
  9. Xbox Home screen Idea for next software update:)

in XboX Insiders
    Xbox Home screen Idea for next software update:): Make an option in the settings where you can change your home screen between the older generations of Xbox home screens. I miss the Xbox 360 start up and home screen. submitted by...
  10. Xbox Series X System Software Update

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox Series X System Software Update: My Xbox Series X was updating and when it was at 90% seen in the link below, I held the Home Xbox button and it brought me back to the dashboard. At this point, I have no idea if the system...