The Xbox Elite controller cannot be updated (Message: There was a problem updating your...

Discus and support The Xbox Elite controller cannot be updated (Message: There was a problem updating your... in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; The Xbox Elite controller cannot be updated (error). In console gives error after reaching 100% while in Windows 10 app gives error after reaching 45%.... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by PJCriger, Nov 20, 2019.

1. PJCriger
    PJCriger Guest

The Xbox Elite controller cannot be updated (Message: There was a problem updating your...

The Xbox Elite controller cannot be updated (error). In console gives error after reaching 100% while in Windows 10 app gives error after reaching 45%. In both cases the progress is frozen for quite
    some time.

:)

PJCriger, Nov 20, 2019
  2. PJCriger Win User

The Xbox Elite controller cannot be updated (Message: There was a problem updating your controller)

Hello Chris.

I have tested 3 different cables on all USB ports and it remains the same.

When I leave the update attempt in the console app, the controller works except the triggers.
  3. XBF Chris J Win User

The Xbox Elite controller cannot be updated (Message: There was a problem updating your controller)

Hello PJCriger,

Thanks for posting here on the Xbox forums. Is this the Elite controller series 1 or 2? On pc, you would need to make sure that the Xbox companion app, the Xbox beta app (if you have it) and

Windows are all updated
    to the most recent update.

Aside from that, i recommend trying out a different USB cable, along with different USB ports on your devices to attempt to update your elite controller again.
  4. XBF Amber M Win User

Elite Controller update erforderlich [Translation - Elite controller update required]

Hi Helmut,

Thanks for keeping us updated with your reply. Since you have updated your PC to the latest Windows build, if you're having trouble

updating the Elite controller using the Xbox Accessories app
    , then there may be an issue with the app itself if it isn't allowing you to update the controller. You may wish to run the App troubleshooter to see if there may be something with the app itself
    that requires a "fix". Fix problems with apps from Microsoft Store

In regard to configuring your Elite controller, you would need the Xbox Accessories app for that as well: Use the Xbox
    Accessories app to configure your Xbox Elite Wireless Controller

If you continue to experience issues updating or configuring your Elite controller using your Windows 10 PC, then you may need to attempt to do so from a different PC or an Xbox One console.

I hope that this helps a bit more and please let us know the results.
  5. Caltazar Win User

Xbox Live Update Error 3151-335A-1380-2303-C800-0080

So has no one come up with a solution to this problem? Because I STILL cannot update my xbox elite.
  6. Kathy A. Win User

Xbox Elite Controller Series 2 - A button opens Xbox Game Bar

Hi all,

I apologize for the late reply and sorry to hear that you all still have same issue; may we know if anyone have tried changing the button mapping to default in Xbox Accessories app? If the issue persists, you may try to update Windows OS build, Xbox app and Xbox Accessories app.

Resources:

Customize your Xbox Elite Wireless Controller Series 2

Use Shift with your Xbox Elite Wireless Controller Series 2

For firmware update if the Xbox Accessories app shows update is required/needed - that means an update is mandatory. Otherwise, your Controller is currently updated. Also, please know that updating the controller over Bluetooth is not supported.

Resources:

Update your Xbox Wireless Controller

Bluetooth connectivity and request for an update for firmware - you may send those requests to Team Xbox. Last resort for this matter, please send a feedback or Report a Problem by following the guide here: Provide feedback to Team Xbox.

Stay safe everyone.

Kind regards,

Thema:

1. The Xbox Elite controller cannot be updated (Message: There was a problem updating your... - Similar Threads - Elite controller cannot

2. Can I extend my warranty on my Xbox Elite 2 Design Lab Crafted controller longer than the...

in XBoX on Consoles
    Can I extend my warranty on my Xbox Elite 2 Design Lab Crafted controller longer than the...: I would like to purchase an extended warranty for my Xbox Series X Elite 2 Design Lab crafted controller. As I saw on Reddit and some other sources that you could purchase an extended warranty for...
  3. was playing a game and the Bluetooth from my elite 2 controller disconnected and when i go...

in XBoX on Consoles
    was playing a game and the Bluetooth from my elite 2 controller disconnected and when i go...: was playing a game on gaming pc windows 10 and the Bluetooth from my elite 2 controller disconnected and when i go down to device says Bluetooth turned off cant seem to find anywhere to turn back...
  4. Why can't I place a repair order for my elite controller 2 despite having a warranty

in XBoX on Consoles
    Why can't I place a repair order for my elite controller 2 despite having a warranty: Last week, I sent my Elite Two controller for repair because the buttons started to wear down. However, after getting it back, one of the pads (P2) is unresponsive and requires very hard presses...
  5. Can I buy an Elite series 2 controller with Microsoft rewards?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Can I buy an Elite series 2 controller with Microsoft rewards?: Hello, I was recently saving some Microsoft rewards points and I was wondering if with Microsoft gift cards redeemed with Microsoft rewards points, I could actually buy a new Elite Series 2...
  6. Hi, i recently got a xbox elite 2 series core controller and now the left joystick is...

in XBoX on Windows
    Hi, i recently got a xbox elite 2 series core controller and now the left joystick is...: I think a part in the left joystick might be damaged 53186acc-eb61-41c4-9da1-5f6732e77bf3
  7. Elite 2 controller power and mode lights cycle flashing

in XBoX on Consoles
    Elite 2 controller power and mode lights cycle flashing: I have an elite 2 controller less than 6 months old. I was playing a game that froze hard and required me to hard shut off my xbox and now the controller won't turn on but it's charge light...
  8. Cannot remove or re-pair Xbox Elite controller. All online fixes attempted and failed.

in XBoX on Consoles
    Cannot remove or re-pair Xbox Elite controller. All online fixes attempted and failed.: Hello. I have an Xbox Elite controller that used to work on my PC but no longer connects. If I try to remove it from the Bluetooth connections tab, I just get "Remove Failed". If I try adding it...
  9. I cannot open an xbox elite 2 controller repair order

in XBoX on Consoles
    I cannot open an xbox elite 2 controller repair order: Hi all. My xbox elite 2 controller has a bumper issue, and I concluded that it needs to be sent in for repair. I'm trying to get a repair order setup, but when i select my address and click...
  10. I cannot register my Xbox Elite Controller anymore, but I am eligible for warranty

in XBoX on Consoles
    I cannot register my Xbox Elite Controller anymore, but I am eligible for warranty: Hi, as you know Microsofts QA is horrible. I bought a Elite Controller 2 months ago and it started double clicking on R1 out of the blue. This issue seems to not have a fix (thanks Microsoft)...