The xbox app update from 13DEC2022, 2212.1001.36.0 broke my app on windows 11

Discus and support The xbox app update from 13DEC2022, 2212.1001.36.0 broke my app on windows 11 in XBoX on Windows to solve the problem; I have had no issue with my app until this update. All of the sudden, I am logged out and will not do anything when clicking sign in. I can sign in to... Discussion in 'XBoX on Windows' started by llllGeneralllll, Dec 15, 2022.

1. The xbox app update from 13DEC2022, 2212.1001.36.0 broke my app on windows 11

I have had no issue with my app until this update. All of the sudden, I am logged out and will not do anything when clicking sign in. I can sign in to my companion app, I followed a ton of "fix it" things online, but nothing worked. The update applied on my windows 10 computer and works just fine.

A friend who just updated his PC to windows 11 is now having the exact same issue with his xbox app that just started after the update as well.

I have tried everything I can find online to fix this and nothing works. I cannot uninstall the app apparently, so trying to uninstall and reinstall doesn't work. I did the repair and reset on both the xbox app and the microsoft store. i went into the services and made sure they were running. I restarted those as well. I can't remember all the other troubleshooting steps I performed, but everything everyone online said should work, didn't.

The only thing I can come up with, as it is the only thing that changed on my computer, is the xbox app itself did an update and now its broken.

edit: I should note, I can still play games I already downloaded and have shortcuts for, but I cannot download anything new or apply updates to my game through the app. It gives me errors, I assume because i am not signed in.

:)

llllGeneralllll, Dec 15, 2022
  2. llllGeneralllll Win User

is no one else having this issue? Does no one have a good solution?
  3. llllGeneralllll Win User

FYI, to fix this problem, I had to revert the latest security update (KB5021255) Microsoft pushed out. When I removed that one, another one had downloaded Dec 18th. I had to remove that as well. Once I did this, the xbox app started to work again. I am not sure the issue or what is causing the break, but it doesn't seem like a good solution to have to uninstall security updates just for my xbox app to work. Unsure why security updates would also break the xbox app for me either. A second friend of mine is having this issue as well, but third friend(on a laptop) is not. I hope this helps and i hope someone from Microsoft will finally read this and put in a fix for the next update.
  4. Daniel McCray Win User

Is there any possible way to fix xbox gamebar?

yeah it's the same with me, 300 down 50 up on an average day, latest version of gamebar and windows 11 23H3, latest version of Xbox app with no corrupt drivers, hard drives, my audio device and headset are working just fine on literally any other platform except gamebar/Xbox app. maybe it's a botched windows update that broke the software in gamebar?
  5. Daniel McCray Win User

Xbox Gamebar issue

yeah it's the same with me, 300 down 50 up on an average day, latest version of gamebar and windows 11 23H3, latest version of Xbox app with no corrupt drivers, hard drives, my audio device and headset are working just fine on literally any other platform except gamebar/Xbox app. maybe it's a botched windows update that broke the software in gamebar?
  6. WaffleFoxes Win User

How do I get Minecraft back after switching Laptops?

Thank you for replying! all of the Xbox apps are updated, and I am on windows 11 21H2, I tried after updating the Xbox app and my computer, but it still doesn't work.
Thema:

1. The xbox app update from 13DEC2022, 2212.1001.36.0 broke my app on windows 11 - Similar Threads - app update 13DEC2022

2. PC Update Preview Release Notes - Xbox App [2404.1001.25.0]

in XboX Insiders
    PC Update Preview Release Notes - Xbox App [2404.1001.25.0]: submitted by /u/GuruKronos [link] [comments]
  3. i cant install apps but i can install games and games updates

in XboX Insiders
    i cant install apps but i can install games and games updates: i tried almost everything, heres the list of all i tried three factory resets change dns use phone hotspot offline factory reset with pendrive use another acc to install restart my router...
  4. Xbox rewards app, says to update console location. I live in UK and system is set for UK

in XBoX on Windows
    Xbox rewards app, says to update console location. I live in UK and system is set for UK: Everytime I try to use xbox rewards app, it says to update consoles location. I live in UK and system is set to UK. I've lost a 50 week streak due to this fault, been like this for 5 days now...
  5. PC Update Preview Release Notes - Xbox App [2404.1001.24.0]

in XboX Insiders
    PC Update Preview Release Notes - Xbox App [2404.1001.24.0]: submitted by /u/GuruKronos [link] [comments]
  6. On the Xbox app I have this error "0x80070426" which makes it unable for me to update the...

in XBoX on Consoles
    On the Xbox app I have this error "0x80070426" which makes it unable for me to update the...: [img] I have tried reinstalling the Xbox app, Gaming services and even the Microsoft Store. The only windows update I need is the 2024-01 Security Update for Windows 10 Version 22H2 for x64-based...
  7. Locked out of Xbox app on PC, can't update.

in XBoX on Consoles
    Locked out of Xbox app on PC, can't update.: I can't get into Xbox or even the Minecraft launcher anymore, the app wont update. I have tried doing windows updates to no avail, restarting my computer, all that. I tried looking for my error...
  8. I updated the Xbox app already, and it still says "Application update required"

in XBoX on Windows
    I updated the Xbox app already, and it still says "Application update required": It told me to update the app, which is what I did, but when I opened the app again, it still says "Application update required," i opened it a few times again, still says that message, is there a...
  9. Xbox Accessories app on PC, No Firmware update button for my Xbox Series X Enwired...

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox Accessories app on PC, No Firmware update button for my Xbox Series X Enwired...: The Firmware version on my Xbox Series X controller is 1.3.139.1125 I needed a Firmware update because my controller kept turning my screen black then back to normal and the controller being...
  10. Microphone not working on xbox app since most recent update

in XBoX on Consoles
    Microphone not working on xbox app since most recent update: even tho microsoft employees on this forum is as useful as rubbing a countertop with a dry asf overused napkin, i wanted to see if i could see even a glimmer of help from them, since the most...