the xbox app on my pc wont open

Discus and support the xbox app on my pc wont open in XBoX Games and Apps to solve the problem; hello, like i said, the app wont open. actually, it opens on a black screen with only the Xbox logo, but after a few seconds it just closes and nothing... Discussion in 'XBoX Games and Apps' started by CaioLima6, Jan 28, 2023.

1. CaioLima6
    CaioLima6 Guest

hello, like i said, the app wont open. actually, it opens on a black screen with only the Xbox logo, but after a few seconds it just closes and nothing happens. i already spoke to the microsoft support and tried solutions, but none of them worked. the microsoft guy who i talked to told me to go to Xbox support, but i think there was no one available to talk to me. also, the robot didnt understand what i needed help with, and i also couldnt call them, apparently there was an error.

i really don't know what to do.

some info:
    Windows 10, already did the optional updates, i've just formatted my pc, the app is updated

:)

CaioLima6, Jan 28, 2023
  2. Jay LANSKY Win User

Windows error code 0x80070070 while trying to download Forza 5 with enough disk space

So, I did everything you said; Went to my PC settings, searched for the xbox app, restarted and repaired, then opened up the Run app, put in WSrestart.exe, restarted my pc, but it still wont download.

Edit: there was no option for opening as admin for Run
  3. Kari Martikainen Win User

Hi there.

You have a wrong application for your PC. Must be the PC version. Not the Xbox version.

- Kari
  4. Kari Martikainen Win User

The Xbox s/x is like a different computer, like your PC (Personal Computer). Xbox is like a PlayStation, but made for Microsoft staff. You can only play games with Xbox. Here is two versions of Xbox, s and X.

The PC you have, needs (as far as I understand) an app(lication) made for PC. Hope to get your money back.

IMPORTANT ! If You want to play games with your PC, notice, you have two possibilities: CD or cloud.

That depends on your computer and your data connection.

I will help you anytime.

-
  5. Kari Martikainen Win User

Hello, first it's a pleasure to be able to help you today.
    My name is Georges C. welcome to the community.

Hello CaioLima6, if your PC has the updates done try to follow the procedures below.

Using System File Checker in Windows

https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/usi...

CHKDSK

https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/windows-server...

1 - Type cmd (Command Prompt) in the search bar of the Start menu and then click Run as administrator.
    2 - Enter chkdsk /f/x/r/v

The system will ask you if you want to run CHKDSK after restarting the system, press Y on your keyboard and then type "Exit" and restart the computer, it will scan in DOS mode.
    Georges C. know these things better than I do. Sorry for the contact Caio Lima6.
  6. Georges C. Win User

Hello, first it's a pleasure to be able to help you today.

My name is welcome to the community.

Hello CaioLima6, if your PC has the updates done try to follow the procedures below.

Using System File Checker in Windows

https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/usi...

CHKDSK

https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/windows-server...

1 - Type cmd (Command Prompt) in the search bar of the Start menu and then click Run as administrator.

2 - Enter chkdsk /f/x/r/v

The system will ask you if you want to run CHKDSK after restarting the system, press Y on your keyboard and then type "Exit" and restart the computer, it will scan in DOS mode.
Thema:

1. the xbox app on my pc wont open - Similar Threads - app wont open

2. why is my xbox app not launching and i have tried everything to fix it but it wont open?

in XBoX on Windows
    why is my xbox app not launching and i have tried everything to fix it but it wont open?: this i what i get. [img] 06be154a-d84a-4cec-bc89-4ebb3d990854
  3. Roblox wont open in Microsoft store and also in Xbox app

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Roblox wont open in Microsoft store and also in Xbox app: Description of the problem: When I click to open it, a window appears with a white background and the roblox symbol in the middle and after a few seconds it closes. When I tried to open roblox...
  4. y wont my xbox 1 open any apps including settings

in XBoX Accessibility
    y wont my xbox 1 open any apps including settings: it just stay on the home screen i have tried turning off and on pulled out the plug but wont work eb8ca6ad-83e4-4f98-b773-69380e4709a1
  5. Xbox App Wont Open PC

in XBoX on Windows
    Xbox App Wont Open PC: I tried every way possible to open it back I set my date to up to date updated my windows reseted/fixed my xbox app deleted/installed my xbox reseted my windows store but still I cant open up...
  6. My xbox app wont open and I do not know what to do

in XBoX Games and Apps
    My xbox app wont open and I do not know what to do: So when I start up my xbox app on my computer it won't open the xbox logo just keeps on pulsing and nothing happnes. da4cd95d-b9c1-466b-b559-2650da1c9a8e
  7. Why wont my xbox app open

in XBoX on Windows
    Why wont my xbox app open: i have tried everything like repairing resetting uninstalling and reinstalling checking my region what else could i do 21a3c4ce-be29-4d47-85eb-b9b1a6bbb1fc
  8. Forza Horizon 5 wont open on pc xbox app

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Forza Horizon 5 wont open on pc xbox app: So, a few days ago i downloaded FH5 and everything was fine up until a few days later when i saw that FH5 was really lagging my pc so i decided to just play it on Xbox Cloud Gaming and i wish i...
  9. Why wont my xbox app open on desktop?

in XBoX on Windows
    Why wont my xbox app open on desktop?: I try opening the Xbox app it shows the Xbox symbol with a black background and closes and I don't know why. d76b1e11-7cf3-4b9c-a401-9abad1e73937
  10. App wont open and returns error 0x80072ee7. How do i fix it?

in XBoX on Consoles
    App wont open and returns error 0x80072ee7. How do i fix it?: Im trying to use the movies & tv app on xbox and it produces an error 0x80072ee7. The wifi is running at 72.59/18.44, 0% packet loss, and 100% strength. Ive disconnected and turned off everything...