The Touryst Questions

Discus and support The Touryst Questions in XBoX Games and Apps to solve the problem; 1. Was there any pre-order/limited time/exclusive content in any version of this game? 2. Is there anything missable or could I revisit any area? 3.... Discussion in 'XBoX Games and Apps' started by UnwaryCoin9457, Aug 4, 2020.

  1. The Touryst Questions


    1. Was there any pre-order/limited time/exclusive content in any version of this game?

    2. Is there anything missable or could I revisit any area?

    3. Is this game identical on all platforms (including the Switch version having a built-in achievement system)?

    4. I read that there was a glitch in the Switch version where the "monument cores" to-do list item will either not show up or disappear entirely, is this glitch fixed and if not how do you avoid it?

    :)
     
    UnwaryCoin9457, Aug 4, 2020
    #1
    1 person likes this.
  2. Maw N Paw Win User

    The Touryst Questions

    Be careful though. I just encountered a glitch where i cant complete it now because i did something before gathering all scrolls.
  3. UnwaryCoin9457 Win User

    The Touryst Questions

    Thank you! So there wasn't any pre-order bonuses or things of that nature?
  4. FalconRedux Win User

    The Touryst Questions

    Hi, I can answer some of your questions:

    1. No version of the game has more content that another. The Xbox / PC version is a very high quality port of the Switch version.

    2. Nothing is missable and you can visit all areas any time

    3. The Xbox / PC version has Xbox achievements - I didn't see an in-built achievement tracker in the Xbox / PC version, but it connects to your xbox account.

    4. I have completed the game on PC / Xbox and didn't encounter any glitches with monument cores

    You may find this video useful - a detailed analysis of the Xbox / PC port of the game by Digital Foundry:

    https://www.youtube.com/watch?time_continue=1&v=T8gY5aSZ5IY
  5. SwordofWhedon Win User

    Does the Series X run 4K/120 fps native?

    It entirely depends on the game.

    Games have a lot of things to do, physics, AI and more, that are more important than blasting frames. 4K/60 is considered a target for AAA



    I bekeive the Touryst does it, and will even scale to 8K. The overhead is just too much for both
  6. SwordofWhedon Win User

    Xbox Series S does not and will not support 2K at 120hz with HDMI 2.0

    https://support.xbox.com/en-US/help/hardware-network/display-sound/tv-resolutions

    These are the resolution supported by Xbox, as you can see 1440 P at 120 Hz is supported

    You’re confusing. optimization with inability. You can easily run PacMan at 8K If you so choose. It’s likely determined by the dev that it is better to spend those cycles on things that actually affect gameplay like physics and AI than on additional frames.

    if your monitor is not reporting the ability properly, it’s likely because it’s been overclocked and gimmicked by the manufacturer and use nonstandard timings ans other methods to achieve what’s on the box.

    The Falconeer outputs 1080p/120 on Series S. The Touryst is way up there as well.

    The HDMI hardware is identical between the S/X.

    You’re looking at a commodity consumer device, not an enthusiast one, designed to be affordable to the masses who don’t care about things framerate. For the rest there is Series X. If you do care about high performance, , then you should save up the additional $200 and get an X

    You should also contact your monitor manufacturer about compatibility. They are the ones who can fix it.p, as they are the ones who deviated from spec.

    You can find out more about VESA, who sets standards for the entire industry here. You may have heard of a VESA mount in the back of your monitor, they set specs so that everyone can be compatible with everyone else’s equipment.

    https://vesa.org

    Here is a link to the Falconeer output resolutions.

    https://twitter.com/WiredP/status/1315020151633465345?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw%7Ctwcamp%5Etweetembed%7Ctwterm%5E1315020151633465345%7Ctwgr%5E%7Ctwcon%5Es1_&ref_url=https%3A%2F%2Fpublish.twitter.com%2F%3Fquery%3Dhttps3A2F2Ftwitter.com2FWiredP2Fstatus2F1315020151633465345widget%3DTweet

    I hope this answers your questions
Thema:

The Touryst Questions

Loading...
  1. The Touryst Questions - Similar Threads - Touryst Questions

  2. Question About Steelseries Artic Nova 7X Voice Issues

    in XboX Insiders
    Question About Steelseries Artic Nova 7X Voice Issues: Hello, has anyone else with this headset been experiencing any chat/party issues with this headset within the last couple of weeks? Ever since September 12th when I am in a party either a Xbox...
  3. Question does the new Voice/audio capture feature capture the voices of players on PC or PS5?

    in XboX Insiders
    Question does the new Voice/audio capture feature capture the voices of players on PC or PS5?: I play a lot of cross platform games and something really funny happened so I recorded it and I just heard myself….. I was so sad that the other half of the audio was gone. I was play Arma...
  4. Guys quick question when was the last delta insider update?

    in XboX Insiders
    Guys quick question when was the last delta insider update?: I have this question because my console say the last update i receive was on 08/092026 we are at the end of the month and I have not receive anything new submitted by /u/Comfortable-Boat5223...
  5. Question about getting invited to Alpha / Alpha Skip-Ahead

    in XboX Insiders
    Question about getting invited to Alpha / Alpha Skip-Ahead: Hey Xbox Insiders! I've been an Xbox Insider for 5 years and 10 months. I'm currently Level 4 with 105 XP, and I have 3 quests and 9 surveys completed. I'm really interested in joining the Alpha...
  6. XBOX Preview Programme Questions

    in XboX Insiders
    XBOX Preview Programme Questions: Hello all I have joined the XBOX Insider programme I have been through the hub and it says I have joined the preview program, I'm just wondering what the next steps are as there doesn't seem to be...
  7. Physical media question was a nice surprise to see this morning.

    in XboX Insiders
    Physical media question was a nice surprise to see this morning.: “For each of the following features that could be included on a next-generation XBOX console, which of the following statements would you say best describes the feature? ❓Lets you install games...
  8. How is a question about the future of the ad supported cloud gaming option, a feature being...

    in XboX Insiders
    How is a question about the future of the ad supported cloud gaming option, a feature being...: My previous post voicing an opinion about limiting Xbox cloud gaming hours and asking what the future of the free ad-supported tier could be (a feature that Xbox insiders have been testing) was...
  9. The Touryst - Game Recommendation - Now on Xbox Game Pass ( Game Pass...

    in XboX Insiders
    The Touryst - Game Recommendation - Now on Xbox Game Pass ( Game Pass...: [IMG] submitted by /u/coyoteshck [link] [comments]
  10. [BUG] The Touryst - black screen, won’t load after pressing “A” to start

    in XboX Insiders
    [BUG] The Touryst - black screen, won’t load after pressing “A” to start: Alpha Skip Ahead- Running OS version 10.0.19041.4025 Launch The Touryst. Get the splash screen and prompt to press “A” to start. Then dropped into a black screen, no further action... Rebooted...