The toggle headset mic option is broke!

Discus and support The toggle headset mic option is broke! in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; The toggle headset mic option, under audio and music, keeps toggling on after being turned off. Does anyone know how to keep the headset mic toggle to... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by Z Wolfer Z, Dec 25, 2022.

1. Z Wolfer Z
    Z Wolfer Z Guest

The toggle headset mic option, under audio and music, keeps toggling on after being turned off. Does anyone know how to keep the headset mic toggle to stay off?

:)

Z Wolfer Z, Dec 25, 2022
  2. CarTzy Win User

Hello Z Wolfer Z,

Welcome to the Xbox Community Forum. Thank you for sharing your concern with us today and we hope that all is well. Let me see how I can assist you with this concern.

So far, from the details you provided, you can try the following steps and let us know the result. You can just skip those you have done already.

The Xbox Wireless Headset is compatible with Xbox Series X|S consoles, Xbox One consoles, mobile devices, and Windows devices. If you experience problems with your headset’s audio (such as distortion, buzzing, too much bass, or issues hearing or speaking), you can use the Xbox Accessories app to adjust your settings. To do so on console:

• Press the Xbox button  to open the guide, and then go to Profile & system > Settings > Device & connections > Accessories. When the Xbox Accessories app launches, choose your headset from the list of connected accessories, and then select Configure. Select Restore to default.
    Update your console

To update your Xbox console manually:

1. Press the Xbox button  to open the guide.
    2. Select Profile & system > Settings > System > Updates.
    3. Under Updates, you'll see:
      • Console update available. Select this to begin your update.
      • No console update available. This means your console is up to date.
    For details about Xbox console update frequency and availability, select Learn more.

Let us know the result and we will get back to you as soon as we can. We may recommend further troubleshooting steps once we have received your answers to the above questions.
  3. CarTzy Win User

Hello!

We haven't heard from you in 72 hours, so we assume that your issue has already been resolved. We will not be monitoring this thread moving forward so, if you need further assistance, please create a new thread to discuss these concerns by clicking this link: Microsoft Community.

[​IMG]

Thank you for understanding.
  4. sandy the hippy Win User

Issue with headset mics on Xbox one

Ok, try this.

With headset in, press xbox button on controller...

Press RB to scroll right to cog icon(system).

Scroll down to AUDIO.

Here you should see several options

1.headset mic on/off toggle

2.headset volume

3.headset chat mixer

4.mic monitoring

Check these..

Turn on mic monitoring and adjust monitoring volume

Let me know how you get on
  5. SpeedstrX Win User

Mic won't work on Xbox but will on app?

Yes I've already checked this and the headset mic is toggled On, but it still won't work.
  6. LukeM29 Win User

Issue with headset mics on Xbox one

Hi Sandy,

Headset Mic toggled on, mic monitoring on full and headset chat mixer in the middle.

Still the same.

i did go onto the party and briefly said issue with the microphone and was about to go up to device settings and the mesage went.

thanks
Thema:

1. The toggle headset mic option is broke! - Similar Threads - toggle headset mic

2. Poor Quality Microsoft Xbox Wireless Over-the-Head Bluetooth Gaming Headset, Black model:...

in XBoX on Consoles
    Poor Quality Microsoft Xbox Wireless Over-the-Head Bluetooth Gaming Headset, Black model:...: What is going on with your Microsoft Xbox Wireless Over-the-Head Bluetooth Gaming Headset, Black (model: TLL-00001)?! Three headsets bought, 2 of them broke in the exact same spot and yet you...
  3. Headset fixing

in XBoX on Consoles
    Headset fixing: I play on Xbox series x and I bought the Turtle Beach Recon Chat and while I can hear Xbox parties and fortnite voice channels, I can't hear the game itself. I know about the chat mixer but that...
  4. When will you give coop players the ability to toggle there own mics in party chat and not...

in XBoX Rewards & Social
    When will you give coop players the ability to toggle there own mics in party chat and not...: Me and friend trying to play local coop but be in party with friends not on same xbox. Xbox auto kills the ability for me and my friend to hear each other on the assumption we don't no how to...
  5. Microsoft, can you please provide us with an option to disable the "Quick Actions Toggle"...

in XBoX on Windows
    Microsoft, can you please provide us with an option to disable the "Quick Actions Toggle"...: I can't stress this enough - I hate that Quick Actions Toggle in the Xbox App with a burning passion. It has without a doubt ruined any chance of me making video content using console streaming....
  6. How to toggle Pressing a single letter key?

in XBoX on Consoles
    How to toggle Pressing a single letter key?: Hello, I would like to spam one of the hotkey letters (e.g. K) in my keyboard. How do I toggle it, instead of keep pressing it? and then toggling again should stop the spam....
  7. Is there a way to map the share button on the controller to toggle gamechat

in XBoX on Windows
    Is there a way to map the share button on the controller to toggle gamechat: Like the tittle says, I play a lot of dayz and in the party chat, it’s very time consuming to press the Xbox button, go to the chat tab, and toggle it there. Those crucial moments it takes to do...
  8. Do you get the adjustment tool for the toggles with the design lab series 2 controller?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Do you get the adjustment tool for the toggles with the design lab series 2 controller?: I’ve just had my design lab series 2 controller delivered I was just wondering does it come with the adjustment tool for the toggles? I purchased all the accessory packs that you can with the...
  9. My right toggle ( on both controllers) wont move on menu screen or in game but registers...

in XBoX on Consoles
    My right toggle ( on both controllers) wont move on menu screen or in game but registers...: My right toggle ( on both controllers) wont move on menu screen or in game but registers input at configure controller screen, Ive tried with 2 controllers and only get action at test screen? Ive...
  10. Series S Issue with controllers (right toggle)

in XBoX on Consoles
    Series S Issue with controllers (right toggle): -My right toggle stopped working in the middle of a game, in the configure accessories test it reads the toggle moving, however outside of the testing it does not move at all, Ive tried multiple...