The sign in window on the Windows Xbox App won't open.

Discus and support The sign in window on the Windows Xbox App won't open. in XBoX Accessibility to solve the problem; The sign in window on the Windows Xbox App won't open so I can't even sign in. I've tried uninstalling and reinstalling, restarting my pc, checked... Discussion in 'XBoX Accessibility' started by Brianna Findlay, Jun 6, 2023.

1. The sign in window on the Windows Xbox App won't open.

The sign in window on the Windows Xbox App won't open so I can't even sign in. I've tried uninstalling and reinstalling, restarting my pc, checked FAQs. An error message doesn't show up and it's hard to screenshot because the window to sign in doesn't stay up for longer than a second.

I'm not really sure what else to do or if it has something to do with my computer. For reference, I use a different email for my computer than I do for my Microsoft account. At first I was able to log into Microsoft, but it was automatically signing in to my computer email that has none of my Xbox games on it. It wouldn't let me click the "Not You?" button and every time I signed out and signed back in it automatically signed in for me again.

:)

Brianna Findlay, Jun 6, 2023
  2. Ronnieee Win User

Hi there! This is Ronnie, an independent advisor.

Nice to meet you and I hope you are having a great day!

I understand you need help on your Xbox app problem.

Let's reset the Xbox app first then do a store reset as well.

Click Start and click Settings; Select Apps & features. Find the Xbox app and click Advanced options. Click Reset then also click repair.

Once done, please do this:

Click Start and search for wsreset, right click then open as admin, wait for the store to load up again.

Once done, restart your PC then try again please.

If that does not help, I suggest to reset your PC and check if this will help remedy the issue.

Check this link for guide:

https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/rec...

Just do the "reset pc". Hope that helps!
  3. Timathius Payne Win User

xbox app stuck on checking for updates forever

This is what fixed this problem for me ON PC

• open windows app store (microsoft store)
    • log out from your primary account (in the microsoft store)
    • go to windows services
    • stop "windows update service"
    • erase contents of folder: C:\Windows\SoftwareDistribution
    • restart your computer
    • open windows app store, log in yourself
    • start xbox app (beta)
    • download game

If repairing, terminating, and sign out sign in and a lot of other annoying steps dont work. This did.
  4. JosefLBohorquez Win User

Xbox play anywhere

Try this:

Sign out from the account on both Xbox app and Microsoft Store and do this:

Go to windows settings > apps > search for gaming services app > click on it and select advanced options.

After that, click repair and then reset

Then do the same for the Xbox app:

Go to windows settings > apps > search for Xbox app > click on it and select advanced options.

After that, click repair and then reset

Finally do this:

Step 1: Open the Run window by pressing Windows + R key.

Step 2: Input WSReset.exe in the Run window and click OK.

Step 3: Then a command prompt window will appear. After a few seconds, Windows Store will open.

Sign in again on both Microsoft store and Xbox app with the account that owns the game and see if finally appears cuphead
  5. Ador26 Win User

Game from game pass don't want to open

So every Xbox Apps are up to date and my windows have version 21H2 and the game still won't open
  6. FernandoCarvalhoPV Win User

Can I buy robux with a xbox gift card on pc

How to install the Xbox app on Windows
    Download and install the Xbox app through the official link;
    Open the app and sign in with your Gamertag (your Xbox account). If your Windows account is online and the same as from Gamertag, login will be automatic.
    Sincerely, Fernando.
Thema:

1. The sign in window on the Windows Xbox App won't open. - Similar Threads - sign window Windows

2. Why The Sign-in Window is closing in games and app in windows 11 (RE:)

in XBoX on Consoles
    Why The Sign-in Window is closing in games and app in windows 11 (RE:): The Sign-in Window or Pop-Up is automatically Close in games and app. When i Click Sign-in inside an app or Game It closes quickly So Even I cant Type Anything. I Tested So Many Apps And That Are...
  3. Why The Sign-in Window is closing in games and app in windows 11

in XBoX on Consoles
    Why The Sign-in Window is closing in games and app in windows 11: The Sign-in Window or Pop-Up is automatically Close in games and app. When i Click Sign-in inside an app or Game It closes quickly So Even I cant Type Anything. I Tested So Many Apps And That Are...
  4. Cannot sign in to Xbox app (PC), sign in window immediately closes itself

in XboX Insiders
    Cannot sign in to Xbox app (PC), sign in window immediately closes itself: So when I try to sign in, the sign in window opens and then closes almost immediately. I saw a post on this sub from someone with the same problem from a couple years ago, and their solution was...
  5. ERROR message: you signed out of your account It's a good idea to close all browser windows.

in XBoX Games and Apps
    ERROR message: you signed out of your account It's a good idea to close all browser windows.: When I try to login to minecraft feedback it says: you signed out of your account It's a good idea to close all browser windows. I looked at another Question like this the answer was that you...
  6. Cannot sign into anything xbox/windows related such as the xbox app and where the issue...

in XBoX on Consoles
    Cannot sign into anything xbox/windows related such as the xbox app and where the issue...: Error Code: 0x80004005 code: Eroded Badlands. A file that the Windows Product Activation (WPA) requires is damaged or missing. Please reboot, verify system permissions, and make sure your...
  7. Windows 11 Xbox App keeps signing me into wrong account no matter what I do

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Windows 11 Xbox App keeps signing me into wrong account no matter what I do: Every time I launch the xbox app it signs me into the wrong account. When I press sign out it automatically signs in again to the wrong account. There is nothing I can do. I have reset the store...
  8. Error code 0x80070520 attempting to sign into Hitman: World of Assassinations on Windows 11...

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Error code 0x80070520 attempting to sign into Hitman: World of Assassinations on Windows 11...: Simply, whenever I try to sign in to the Hitman title screen, I get "We couldn't sign you in to Xbox Live. Sorry, something went wrong. Try again in a while. (0x80070520)" I have tried so many...
  9. Unable to sign into the Xbox App on windows 11

in XBoX Accessibility
    Unable to sign into the Xbox App on windows 11: I had an issue with the xbox app not opening after an update the other day. I uninstalled and reinstalled and got the app to download. however now i cannot sign in. The screen flashed black for a...
  10. When I try to sign in via windows apps I get white screen

in XBoX Accessibility
    When I try to sign in via windows apps I get white screen: For example, I am trying to sign in Xbox game pass and the app gets stuck in white with just a moment text, but when I try to sign in with another account I don't get this problem....