The Severity of The Offense vs. The Severity of The Punishment

Discus and support The Severity of The Offense vs. The Severity of The Punishment in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; So recently, I sent two messages to an individual I know in real life and got a Communication ban for it. There's two things I want to express here:... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by Cyvom, Oct 19, 2017.

1. Cyvom
    Cyvom Guest

So recently, I sent two messages to an individual I know in real life and got a Communication ban for it.

There's two things I want to express here:

1. I said one objectionable word.

2. I got a week long ban from *every* social/messaging feature because of it for a whole week.

I've had my account for six years, and never once had any sort of infraction against it. Now all of a sudden, because of *one* word, you can nearly have your account bricked? Where's the moderate in the moderation here?

I understand that there's ToS, and that there are rules, but how far can you honestly take a first offense? I can't look for any posts on LFG, can't send messages, can't hear or speak in party chat, can't record with my DVR, can't use Skype, and can't broadcast
    on Mixer (and I even think I'm missing a couple of other things here.) Granted, I don't use all of these (Skype, at least on XBL, or Mixer,) but the principle of it is what I find ridiculous. Furthermore, it's only one week, and I'm busy at college, but
    still! Because you send one message with one word on a first-time offense, MS can ban you from all this social stuff for a disproportionately long amount of time?

This is troubling. It shows how poor the moderation really is, how there's no real 'moderate' to it. No real common sense or gauge used to measure up the severity of the action with the severity of the deserved punishment.

I even applied for a case review; I just got a copy paste message and a notice that the ban was upheld.

The reputation system means nothing; it's just all about how bad of a day the 'moderator' was having at the time.

I know you can't/won't help me out with this, but I'm honestly curious now: How does XBL Moderation judge what offense deserves what punishment?

:)

Cyvom, Oct 19, 2017
  2. x24hrs2livex
    x24hrs2livex Guest
    changed my dns but didnt know what it did

The severity of the ban is up to the enforcement team. I am not apart of the enforcement tean so I cannot comment on the severity of your punishment. Also Rockstar may ban you.

x24hrs2livex, Oct 19, 2017
  3. fixed

It doesn't matter the severity of the offense, modifying your profile in ANY way breaks the terms of service and will result in a ban.

xcrimsonlegendx, Oct 19, 2017
  4. An Old Freak
    An Old Freak Guest

Xbox does not advise you of who made the report or when it was made.

You are not given specifics partly to ensure the privacy and safety of the person making the report.

Investigations take time. Each report is investigated before an enforcement action is taken.

The Code of Conduct is in effect for parties just the same.

All communications have to follow the Code of Conduct and be rated "E" for everyone.

Your friends can report you, or something could have been found while another report was being investigated.

An Old Freak, Oct 19, 2017
  5. Daft Badger
    Daft Badger Guest
    You can get a permanent ban for a first offence is it is severe enough.

The rep system has nothing to do with whether you can get suspended or not,it's a separate thing.

One word is enough to get a comms suspension & a communications suspension does just that,prevents you from communicating completely with anyone over xbox live.

No one here can tell you the exact criteria the enforcement team use to judge how severe an offence it is & what punishment should be issued but the simple answer is don't violate the ToU/CoC & being suspended is something you wont have to worry about.

Daft Badger, Nov 1, 2018
  6. Daft Badger Win User

You can get a permanent ban for a first offence is it is severe enough.

The rep system has nothing to do with whether you can get suspended or not,it's a separate thing.

One word is enough to get a comms suspension & a communications suspension does just that,prevents you from communicating completely with anyone over xbox live.

No one here can tell you the exact criteria the enforcement team use to judge how severe an offence it is & what punishment should be issued but the simple answer is don't violate the ToU/CoC & being suspended is something you wont have to worry about.
  7. An Old Freak Win User

Xbox does not advise you of who made the report or when it was made.

You are not given specifics partly to ensure the privacy and safety of the person making the report.

Investigations take time. Each report is investigated before an enforcement action is taken.

The Code of Conduct is in effect for parties just the same.

All communications have to follow the Code of Conduct and be rated "E" for everyone.

Your friends can report you, or something could have been found while another report was being investigated.
  8. DAVIIKUS Win User

Suspended from Xbox?

Hello, if you have insulted someone or committed an offense, a punishment has been applied to you, apparently it is not very severe, but if you repeat the punishments they will increase, a greeting.
  9. Gutter Yuppie Win User

Communication Suspended

Offensive gammertags would get a forced name change. Although I bet he'd get one if you reported it. Give it a try.

Sounds like the OP sent several offensive messages. Each message is a separate offense and each offense increases the punishment.

I don't believe support has access to enforcement history.
  10. SonicRainboom24 Win User

Discussion Over Xbox Live's Enforcement and if it's Proper.

MS doesn't do it case-by-case, it's like they take the perspective of an 8 year old on a power trip. Things that are hardly offensive to anyone capable of reasonable thought are met with punishment as severe or slightly less than anything deserving of it.
    "Say something nice or don't say anything until you make a new account."
Thema:

1. The Severity of The Offense vs. The Severity of The Punishment - Similar Threads - Severity Offense Severity

2. Xbox wont start updates on my home wifi unless I wait several hours for it start but works...

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox wont start updates on my home wifi unless I wait several hours for it start but works...: My Xbox series X wont update any games on my home wifi network unless I wait several hours then it may finally start updating and not sit at 0% but if I switch to my hotspot it starts updating...
  3. Game chat not working on several games, party chat is working fine.

in XBoX Rewards & Social
    Game chat not working on several games, party chat is working fine.: Hi All, I've tried game chats on NBA2K24, EAFC24, DayZ, Forza Motorsport 7 and although chat icons are appearing, I am unable to hear them and also my chat icon does not show either. Party chats...
  4. After logging in to my several xbox accounts, I don't receive the verification code via...

in XBoX Accessibility
    After logging in to my several xbox accounts, I don't receive the verification code via...: I need to get a code via sms to log in to the accounts I have on my xbox, but after receiving 18 codes for the different accounts I have, the code no longer comes and the phone number I registered...
  5. Minecraft Multiplayer is greyed out, tried several solutions to make this work, but nothing...

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Minecraft Multiplayer is greyed out, tried several solutions to make this work, but nothing...: I have been trying for a while to access Minecraft Multiplayer but it is greyed out, saying I need to change my Microsoft account settings, and I have tried changing my family role to organiser,...
  6. I cant log in to my account and when I do I receive one of several errors.

in XBoX Accessibility
    I cant log in to my account and when I do I receive one of several errors.: I can't log into any Microsoft related accounts. Upon logging in I get the error message "Please try again later, " or "The application has made too many requests. Press Retry to continue."...
  7. i have several accounts and i am getting billed for ones i don’t use

in XBoX Accessibility
    i have several accounts and i am getting billed for ones i don’t use: i am being billed for accounts that are not being used, how do i find out what accounts are not active? aafa133c-26ed-4302-9887-5d91eb9aafde
  8. Why are there long wait times for cloud gaming? several of people have this concern that i...

in XBoX on Consoles
    Why are there long wait times for cloud gaming? several of people have this concern that i...: Why are there long wait times for cloud gaming? several of people have this concern that i know. 9d3c7c1a-0dd6-4d65-920f-da382e3614ee
  9. I redeemed a code for minecraft bedrock several years ago before you got both versions in a...

in XBoX Games and Apps
    I redeemed a code for minecraft bedrock several years ago before you got both versions in a...: A little while back they made it so you can get java/bedrock free if you have the other version and i’m wondering if i can still get it for free ab2b62b4-8e40-4299-a177-378cbbf08c96
  10. The daily microsoft rewards searches has not been working properly for several weeks. This...

in XBoX on Windows
    The daily microsoft rewards searches has not been working properly for several weeks. This...: The daily microsoft rewards searches has not been working properly for several weeks. This includes mobile and pc/xbox seaches on multiple accounts - having to wait between searches or they will...