The Series S/X lack of USB audio out of the box is baffling

Discus and support The Series S/X lack of USB audio out of the box is baffling in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; I've been playing on Xbox consoles since the days of the original Halo, with the Playstation 2 being my last Sony console. Microsoft has dropped the... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by BillBixby1, Nov 30, 2020.

  1. BillBixby1
    BillBixby1 Guest

    The Series S/X lack of USB audio out of the box is baffling


    I've been playing on Xbox consoles since the days of the original Halo, with the Playstation 2 being my last Sony console. Microsoft has dropped the ball with their prehistoric audio options, to the point where I'm strongly considering a PS5 over the Series
    X for this reason alone.

    Not only is it completely baffling that USB audio didn't exist last generation, but now they've trashed the only alternative (Optical) leaving us with zero options. Astro's proprietary update means nothing to me because far superior products exist and I
    refuse to downgrade my current set-up (Sound Blaster G6/Beyerdynamic 770 Pro) for inferior products. My audio set up is the price of a Series S. Should I render it useless because Microsoft refuses to support it in 2020?

    Games like Hunt Showdown rely solely on sound and considering it's all I play nowadays, it makes no sense for me to get the Series X. I'm hoping a solution presents itself by January/February otherwise I'll be jumping ship and not looking back.

    BTW, looked up a vid on YouTube and the Sound Blaster G6 on the PS5 is PLUG N' PLAY. Just a matter of time before 19 years is sent down the drain.

    - A sad, long time Microsoft Stan

    :)
     
    BillBixby1, Nov 30, 2020
    #1
  2. HomegrownSilky Win User

    Why can I not install game pass games on the USB external hard drive?

    Series S/X games cannot be played from a hard drive connected via USB. Series S/X games can only be played from the internal drive or the official expansion cards that attach directly in the back of the console. Again, no USB connected drives can play Series S/X games.
  3. BillDotriev Win User

    I can't buy Left 4 Dead 2 online or on console.

    Will this also work for X-Box Series S? It says "Buy it for X-Box 360" on the link.
  4. Unstable Chimp Win User

    Will XBox Series X support external DAC/Amp hardware via USB?

    There are multiple articles stating audio compatibility via USB. If optical is necessary, there are various HDMI to optical devices available which you may need to add.

    https://news.xbox.com/en-us/2020/09/02/designed-for-xbox-new-look-continuous-compatibility/

    "Some gaming headsets that utilize an optical cable may require a firmware update to support game and chat audio over USB on Xbox Series X. Soundbars and headsets that do not receive updates may be connected
    directly to your televisions optical port."

    https://wccftech.com/xbox-series-x-audio-usb/

    "Xbox Series X to Support Wireless Audio and Voice Chat Over USB, Astro Gaming Confirms"
  5. Rekt Innit yo Win User

    Xbox Please Add Support for USB Audio (UAC1/UAC2)

    The series X is a fantastic piece of machinery and a massive improvement on the previous gen. They are severely lacking in the audio department but in all others it's a fine piece of hardware.
  6. Tam Gault Win User

    Trailmakers DLC not working with other accounts

    Hi again,

    This on only happening on our x-box series X

    It works as it should on our series S

    ???????
Thema:

The Series S/X lack of USB audio out of the box is baffling

Loading...
  1. The Series S/X lack of USB audio out of the box is baffling - Similar Threads - Series lack USB

  2. Help with achievements on Xbox Series S

    in XboX Insiders
    Help with achievements on Xbox Series S: Is anyone else having trouble unlocking achievements for games they've purchased? Because mine aren't unlocking; I don't know if it's a Microsoft issue or a problem with the game itself....
  3. Xbox series Bug trophy mythic help me

    in XboX Insiders
    Xbox series Bug trophy mythic help me: Hello, I'm having a problem with the Mythic achievement. I'm an Insider Beta member, and my Mythic achievement is stuck at 48/50, while the normal achievement is at 50/50. I've tried restarting...
  4. Halo servers not working on Xbox series X

    in XboX Insiders
    Halo servers not working on Xbox series X: Has anybody had a problem for those that play a game like Halo 5: Guardians, where every time I boot up the game it freezes on the part where it shows the 343 Industries logo, then it would fully...
  5. Xbox series s disconnecting from xbox live randomly

    in XboX Insiders
    Xbox series s disconnecting from xbox live randomly: Wired or wireless doesn't matter, console disconnects for a couple seconds then reconnect and is fine for a few hours I've tried everything, changing what port im on clearing mac address,...
  6. Gears of war E day - "Vrr not detected" (Xbox Series X)

    in XboX Insiders
    Gears of war E day - "Vrr not detected" (Xbox Series X): In Gears of War: E-Day, the game itself says “VRR not detected.” My PS5, using the same HDMI cable, TV, and Xbox Series X (in the graphics settings), all say that VRR is enabled. I’ve tried...
  7. Xbox Series X Booted into Initial Setup after going to sleep.

    in XboX Insiders
    Xbox Series X Booted into Initial Setup after going to sleep.: I am in Preview Delta. Earlier today I had to leave a game unexpectedly and the console timed out and went to sleep as it should. When I turned it on just now, I got a surprisingly long boot...
  8. How safe are Insider builds on Series X?

    in XboX Insiders
    How safe are Insider builds on Series X?: Xbox has been killing it lately with new features and I'd kinda like to get in on the action a little earlier. They warn before downloading that the builds can be buggy but how impactful to the...
  9. X Box series X randomly started not working

    in XboX Insiders
    X Box series X randomly started not working: No matter what controller it will not allow me to go down or select other things. Every time it just jumps back up to the top and will not let me delete games or just start anything. Have tried...
  10. Elite Series 2 controller connectivity problem on Series X

    in XboX Insiders
    Elite Series 2 controller connectivity problem on Series X: The day before yesterday, I joined the insider program and I have had an elite series 2 xbox controller for the past 2 years and I never had a problem with it. Yesterday I was playing siege in My...