The series S is a GREAT console but it would be even BETTER if it could use the HDR feature...

Discus and support The series S is a GREAT console but it would be even BETTER if it could use the HDR feature... in XboX Insiders to solve the problem; I've got an LG LK326100PLB 32 inch 1080p tv with HDR 10 support. The PS4 pro let me use HDR on this telly and I was convinced that games looked better... Discussion in 'XboX Insiders' started by /u/CliffordSlug, May 6, 2021.

  1. The series S is a GREAT console but it would be even BETTER if it could use the HDR feature...


    I've got an LG LK326100PLB 32 inch 1080p tv with HDR 10 support. The PS4 pro let me use HDR on this telly and I was convinced that games looked better for it. I am disappointed that xbox only allow HDR if you have a 4k telly. I game in my bedroom and a 43 inch 4k telly, the smallest available at present, would be too large for my room. There are other gamers in a similar position to myself scattered about the forums and sometimes a moderator steps in and advises them to request changes on xboxinsiders. Is Microsoft's decision to limit HDR to 4K a result of the way the series s has been designed or is it a commercial decision to push us all towards having a 4k television? I do like what Microsoft is doing in terms of supporting older games with FPS boost etc. I am in fact a Microsoft fan, but their silence on this issue leaves me a bit confused. I phoned a representative some time ago who said she would pass my question on to the technical team but the new consoles have been out for more than 6 months and Microsoft is still silent and elusive about this issue! I've decided that this post will be my very last post on this topic (everyone breathes a sigh of relief!) and I will have to accept things as they are BUT if anyone does know anything or could give an educated guess, I would be most grateful to hear any feedback. Thanking you in anticipation!

    submitted by /u/CliffordSlug
    [link] [comments]
     
    /u/CliffordSlug, May 6, 2021
    #1
  2. ngocphi Win User

    Why does Microsoft intentially produce visual artefacts on XBox Series S?

    The hdr feature for 1080p isn't really hdr

    It's a beta

    When hdr was starting only a few manufacturers supported it at 1080p via tvwhen hdmi 1.4 was standard

    Only sony support it on consoles and bluray drives

    Now full spec hdr requires hdmi2 and higher

    Series s doesn't support 4k in most games
  3. Obsessive Power Win User

    HDMI Xbox Series S/X

    Hi,

    There is more than enough bandwidth for 1440P @120Hz with HDR on an HDMI 2.0 Monitor. On the current consoles Microsoft decided to lock HDR to 4K displays, but with the Series S that won't be an issue anymore.

    HDMI standards are backwards compatible, so you won't need an HDMI 2.1 compliant Monitor to use Series X or S on an older monitor or TV that only has HDMI 2.0.

    Xbox One X and S can be very fussy when it comes to full monitor support. But if you bought a monitor that fully supports the Xbox One X then it should support the same features on a Series X/S.

    My advice would be to check reviews of monitors actually running on the current consoles with 120Hz support. There are loads of videos on YouTube. Just looking at the specs on a website may not be enough.
  4. robertmccall2 Win User

    FHD HDR

    Yes we need to let microsoft know.

    They are selling series s as 1440p hdr console while not support hdr on resolution other than 4k
  5. SK1G80 Win User

    Xbox one Scorpio exclusive games?

    Bottom line if the Scopio has better hardware it will look better even at 1080p.. Its impossible for it not to. I'm hoping Scorpio gets its own exclusives. The option to upgrade or not is there. I hope MS makes Scorpio a new console gen and thats it.
    Scorpio WILL look better on a 1080p TV vs Xbox One.. There is no way it wont. Look at the Xbox S. That HDR built into it. Rod Ferguson said Gears 4 will look better on Xbox S vs Xbox One due to the HDR. Scorpio will have HDR plus better hardware. Scorpio
    is a must own for me..
  6. sreeni5493 Win User

    your tv setup doesn't support hdr10

    Hi

    HDR for games is not a feature that all games support if you carry out an internet search for this you should be able to find a full list of games that use this feature. Off the top of my head I know Forza Horizon 3, Gears of War 4, Hitman and Mass Effect
    Andromeda all support HDR

    If you are having other issues with HDR please follow the support guide below. A couple of quick things to remember with 4K and HDR mode is that you should use the HDMI cable supplied with the console and that on the television you very often have to change
    a setting to the HDMI port to allow it display 4K and HDR images.

    https://support.xbox.com/xbox-one/console/troubleshooting-4K-and-HDR-on-xbox-one-s
    I have forza but the issue is really weird. I can watch HDR movies but not play games with HDR. it says I have hdr10 support for movies, but not for games. My tv is hdr10 capable. Anyway you could help me better here?

    Thanks for your help currently though
Thema:

The series S is a GREAT console but it would be even BETTER if it could use the HDR feature...

Loading...
  1. The series S is a GREAT console but it would be even BETTER if it could use the HDR feature... - Similar Threads - series GREAT console

  2. X Box series X randomly started not working

    in XboX Insiders
    X Box series X randomly started not working: No matter what controller it will not allow me to go down or select other things. Every time it just jumps back up to the top and will not let me delete games or just start anything. Have tried...
  3. Elite Series 2 controller connectivity problem on Series X

    in XboX Insiders
    Elite Series 2 controller connectivity problem on Series X: The day before yesterday, I joined the insider program and I have had an elite series 2 xbox controller for the past 2 years and I never had a problem with it. Yesterday I was playing siege in My...
  4. Has anyone tried Nativra? Running Windows PC games natively on Xbox Series X

    in XboX Insiders
    Has anyone tried Nativra? Running Windows PC games natively on Xbox Series X: I came across this open-source project on GitHub called Nativra. It’s an experimental Xbox Dev Mode app that attempts to run Windows PC games directly on Xbox Series X|S, without streaming or...
  5. Xbox series X disc to digital issues

    in XboX Insiders
    Xbox series X disc to digital issues: Howdy all! I have been an insider for about 10 years now and just found this subreddit today! I am trying to do the disc to digital and it’s not giving me the option. I am updated to latest and...
  6. Disc to Digital Game Issue - Batman Telltale Series

    in XboX Insiders
    Disc to Digital Game Issue - Batman Telltale Series: I have reported the issue through the console, but I claimed a digital license to Batman The Telltale Series with the Season Pass Disc, and it gives me the season pass, but not each individual...
  7. Xbox series s keeps kicking me off of my internet While playing

    in XboX Insiders
    Xbox series s keeps kicking me off of my internet While playing: as title says, this is the only device that does it, ps5 switch, pc none lag ever, it’s just this xbox pos, i tried switching the dns in advanced but it just keeps logging out once every 1-2 hours...
  8. Xbox One BUG - Cannot Join Insider on Xbox Series X

    in XboX Insiders
    Xbox One BUG - Cannot Join Insider on Xbox Series X: Hi, I am encountering a weird glitch. I would like to join the last update but I can't join the Insider program. Could you please force trigger my console? Please tell me what data you need from...
  9. Xbox Series X/S power options to shutdown.

    in XboX Insiders
    Xbox Series X/S power options to shutdown.: Hey everyone! I don't know if I'm the only one who shutdown completly his Xbox Series X... But it's kinda annoying to go into the options and power menu to do it. I think it could be nice to have...
  10. Microsoft no longer a great company,do not buy Xbox Series X, no support when you get a...

    in XBoX on Consoles
    Microsoft no longer a great company,do not buy Xbox Series X, no support when you get a...: I called the Microsoft help line for a launch (August 2020)console Xbox series X that my family gifted me for my birthday on March 2021. The console after a year and a half craped out. I was...