The rattling sound from my new Elite Series 2 controller

Discus and support The rattling sound from my new Elite Series 2 controller in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; Hello, A few days ago, I purchased a new Elite Series 2 controller. While I haven't noticed any issues with other games, I hear an irritating rattling... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by Wind Prince, Jun 10, 2024.

1. Wind Prince
    Wind Prince Guest

Hello, A few days ago, I purchased a new Elite Series 2 controller. While I haven't noticed any issues with other games, I hear an irritating rattling sound from the right trigger when I try it with Forza Horizon 5. This issue is present in the right trigger but not in the left trigger.

I have recorded a video demonstrating the problem: https://youtube.com/shorts/1FIJaA2WvAA (In the video, I first show that the original controller that came with the Xbox Series X is functioning normally, followed by the issue I am experiencing with the Elite Series 2 controller. Please pay special attention to the last scenes of the video where I show the difference in vibration settings.)

I would like to know if this is normal. If it is not, I will request a return. Thank you in advance.

(Sorry for my really bad English)

:)

Wind Prince, Jun 10, 2024
  2. Rodrigo Oliver Win User

Hi Wind Prince, my name is Rodrigo. I'm an Independent Advisor and a member of the Microsoft community and I'd love to assist you today.

I am sorry to hear that.

I watched your video, and that's not normal.

You are correct, the vibration on the right side is stronger than it should be. I recommend you return it and get a replacement unit.
  3. XS1CkSk1LLZX94 Win User

Elite controller

4. Eletricdrum Win User

Rattling sound inside Xbox elite series 2 controller

5. Nickrey1 Win User

XBox Elite Series 2 with Sticky left trigger

my new XBox Elite Wireless Controller Series 2 yesterday
  6. XBF - Hayabusa Win User

Xbox One Controller successfully connected to PC via bluetooth does not work with Windows apps.

There was a new update released, can you try updating your Elite Series 2 controller again?

I also have the Elite Series 2 controller and I do not run into these issues when using it with the PC.
Thema:

1. The rattling sound from my new Elite Series 2 controller - Similar Threads - rattling sound Elite

2. Wireless headphones Xbox One S sound issues

in XBoX on Consoles
    Wireless headphones Xbox One S sound issues: Any pair of wireless headphones I connect to my Xbox one s, mainly my Razer Kaira, Connects, however no sound is heard, I’ve tried with multiple pairs of wireless headphones, and even cleaned my...
  3. why are dialogue sounds not getting recorded, but other sounds are?

in XBoX Rewards & Social
    why are dialogue sounds not getting recorded, but other sounds are?: I recorded few clips of genshin impact using xbox game bar on my pc. after i checked those clips, they only have music and other sound, but not the character dialogue sounds, its same for all...
  4. whenever I put my "default communications output" to any of my headphones the sound turns...

in XBoX on Consoles
    whenever I put my "default communications output" to any of my headphones the sound turns...: I mean ANY headphone wired or wireless... 9ce98c79-f058-4b23-87f3-60829fdbc7b5
  5. Rattling sound in elite series 2 controller

in XBoX on Windows
    Rattling sound in elite series 2 controller: So my warranty is over on my controller. By a few months and I seem to have this issue with multiple elite controllers. That just over time something on the inside seems to start rattling. The...
  6. Rattling Noise XBOX SERIES X

in XBoX on Consoles
    Rattling Noise XBOX SERIES X: Hi! I just bought an Xbox Series X and when I picked it up from the box I heard a rattling noise and the more I investigated it looks like it comes from the cooler.The thing is that the console...
  7. I just dropped my Xbox one s and I hear rattling noise. What do i do?

in XBoX on Consoles
    I just dropped my Xbox one s and I hear rattling noise. What do i do?: So I was picking up my Xbox and it fell and it was a high drop now all I hear when I shake it a rattling sound it works fine I think but idk what to do 9a61b13c-9cb7-4c94-9720-121e178dd343
  8. Why is the left side of my controller not vibrating it used to vibrate but it rattled and...

in XBoX on Consoles
    Why is the left side of my controller not vibrating it used to vibrate but it rattled and...: the left side of my controller isn’t vibrating anymore I have a warranty on it but I was don’t know if it can be fixed or if I have to trade it in 53d91e19-d7dc-4109-82e5-a68ea0de6460
  9. Why does my g920 keep rattling like crazy on the XBOX One

in XBoX on Consoles
    Why does my g920 keep rattling like crazy on the XBOX One: The wheel was working perfectly fine before but recently it keeps shaking like crazy for no reason. It stops when I press the home screen but one I load up the game and move the steering wheel it...
  10. what might be the cause of the rattling sound that is under the left stick when i shake it?

in XBoX on Consoles
    what might be the cause of the rattling sound that is under the left stick when i shake it?: does anyone know what might be the cause of the rattling sound that is under the left stick when I shake it? because occasionally when I press it in, it doesn't do the input so I have to move the...