The Orange Box not launching on Series S after purchase

Discus and support The Orange Box not launching on Series S after purchase in XBoX Games and Apps to solve the problem; Hi there, I'm a bit desperate for a solution here. I purchased The Orange Box through this link:... Discussion in 'XBoX Games and Apps' started by Max Reed, Nov 13, 2022.

1. Max Reed
    Max Reed Guest

Hi there, I'm a bit desperate for a solution here. I purchased The Orange Box through this link:

https://marketplace.xbox.com/en-us/Product/The-Orange-Box/66acd000-77fe-1000-9115-d8024541080f

The thumbnail is now on my menu on my One S, but I can't launch the game. It keeps giving me an error message asking if I own the game. Then it asks me to go to the store page to manage the title. Once I go there and push through to the install page, the game is listed as 0.0GB, even though when I manage it from my games menu, the file size is correctly listed and it says it's installed. So it seems to think that I own the game, don't own the game, and have it downloaded and not downloaded all at the same time. I've been hung up on twice by support and tried everything from a factory reset, to redownloading my profiles, to redownloading the game. PLEASE HELP.

:)

Max Reed, Nov 13, 2022
  2. Dérek Augusto Win User

Agreed, Max!

Thanks for the feedback.
  3. Dérek Augusto Win User

This error code occurs when the license is not being validated.

So please, I ask you to confirm the purchase as I sent it in my initial message.
  4. Max Reed Win User

Hey thanks for responding!

The link I used has been used by tons of other people and it has worked for them. But maybe something has changed since then on the page, not sure.

But I have spoken to a ton of people that have used that page and had it work digitally.
  5. SwordofWhedon Win User

I believe the game requires the disc to play, and is not authorized for sale or distribution on the Xbox One/Series marketplace

Ask Valve why this is, they control how their games are sold and distributed
  6. Max Reed Win User

Yes I confirmed via the link you sent, thanks!

I'll give this a try and let you know, thank you so much!
Thema:

1. The Orange Box not launching on Series S after purchase - Similar Threads - Orange Box launching

2. I really want to orange box to come back

in XBoX Games and Apps
    I really want to orange box to come back: I love half-life but I had to sell my pc because I did t have enough money now I have an Xbox I would love to have the orange box come back so o can play half-life...
  3. How do i get the orange box in 2023?

in XBoX Accessibility
    How do i get the orange box in 2023?: I have seen people get the orange box from this link : https://marketplace.xbox.com/en-US/Product/The-Orange-Box/66acd000-77fe-1000-9115-d8024541080f but when i have tried it, it kept reverting...
  4. the orange box full version not available on xbox 360 marketplace

in XBoX Games and Apps
    the orange box full version not available on xbox 360 marketplace: I wanted to purchase the orange box off of xbox 360 marketplace for my xbox series s but i can only download the demo version which does not work on series s did it get removed?...
  5. Can you still get orange box on the series x/s?

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Can you still get orange box on the series x/s?: I'm looking all over the place and its not for sale anywhere online. a2122820-ea06-46d8-8c11-7c6e122db0df
  6. The Orange Box not working on Xbox Series X

in XBoX Games and Apps
    The Orange Box not working on Xbox Series X: So I inserted an Xbox 360 disc of the Orange Box and my Xbox Series X just redirects to the blu-ray player. There doesn’t seem to be any scratches on the disc and I cleaned it too. I tried doing a...
  7. Orange box

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Orange box: I recently purchased the orange box disc for the 360, am I able to use the disc and play it on the xbox one? cb49aacc-464f-4960-acb3-e79f9183e6cf
  8. Orange box

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Orange box: Does any one know how much orange box costs 5a1bc3e5-ddee-4550-baca-b275860ffcf1
  9. I wanna by the orange box online, but it isn't working. It just says that the content isn't...

in XBoX Games and Apps
    I wanna by the orange box online, but it isn't working. It just says that the content isn't...: I've been trying to get tf2 on xbox for some time now since I don't have a PC. So the only reasonable way was to either A. Get it through NVIDA through the web browser. Or B. Get the orange...
  10. Can I still purchase the orange box on xbox 360?

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Can I still purchase the orange box on xbox 360?: Can I still purchase the orange box on xbox 360 3efeb7bd-fdd3-4864-856e-9bb55029a781