The only thing I can hear on my xbox is chat audio. Why is this happening?

Discus and support The only thing I can hear on my xbox is chat audio. Why is this happening? in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; I can only hear the game chat and nothing else, but when no one is chatting I can hear nothing at all and it's silent. I have tried putting the volume... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by Aayan Khan, Mar 16, 2023.

1. Aayan Khan
    Aayan Khan Guest

I can only hear the game chat and nothing else, but when no one is chatting I can hear nothing at all and it's silent. I have tried putting the volume up and down but there is no change. Please help.

Thanks

:)

Aayan Khan, Mar 16, 2023
  2. Aayan Khan Win User

Hi,

my headset is plugged into the controller but it wont let me do anything to the chat mixer and the chatmixer bit is greyed out.
  3. Francia J. Win User

Hi, I hope you're doing great out there. I am an Independent advisor and I am here to help you in regard to your concern.

Is your headset connected to a controller or you're using a wireless headset?

Please make sure that your Chat Mixer is set to 50%.

"Select Profile & system > Settings > General > Volume & audio output > Advanced Options > Additional Options > Chat Mixer."

This can be managed by pressing the Xbox button as well and then then the audio icon on the bottom part.
  4. The Oragin Win User

Xbox One Stereo Headset Adapter - echoing problems?

I have the x12s i get game audio just fine and i can hear chat but chat is very low, also my game audio plays through the audio, so I have game audio then have chat with the echo of game audio, so i have 2 game audio sounds with a faint chat audio. anyone
    know of a way to fix this, or atleast the audio echo of the game. I can turn my game audio all the way down and only have chat audio on but im still hearing game audio over chat, first time I used it for my xbox one all day I played with just chat audio and
    didnt know because I hear both audios through my chat audio.
  5. XBF Chris J Win User

No audio

Hello ITF,

Thanks for coming back to the Xbox forums. Can you explain the issue to us in a little more detail so that we can better assist you? Are you using a stereo headset or a chat headset? Does this issue only happen in party chat, or does it happen with game
    chat as well? Doublecheck your audio setting to make sure the chat mixer isn't set to hear chat audio only.

With your headset plugged in, press the Xbox button on your controller. scroll right until the end and select Audio. Adjust the headset mixer as needed.

Hope this helps!
  6. fOXTROTjULIET Win User

Blank Video Recorded by Xbox Game Capture

Ah, okay then :(
    Yes, seems like that's the reason. And I have one more problem because it keeps happening. When I play the recorded video, I can hear my voice, the game audio, but I don't hear any of my friends' voice chat. Sometimes I can hear their voice, but many times I can't. How to fix this? And what audio will be recorded if I check the "Record game audio only"? I've tried to turn it on and off but seems like it keeps changing. :(
Thema:

1. The only thing I can hear on my xbox is chat audio. Why is this happening? - Similar Threads - thing hear chat

2. Recover things from a long wiped 360

in XBoX on Consoles
    Recover things from a long wiped 360: I have an odd situation. In mid 2015 my whole XBox 360 wiped itself and I don't know why. It had also done this once before, I'd estimate around mid 2014. I did lose stuff I cared about, but I was...
  3. Is there any way that we can get a refund off of this thing or no cuz I'm kind of sick of...

in XBoX on Consoles
    Is there any way that we can get a refund off of this thing or no cuz I'm kind of sick of...: If there's a refund for this please tell us now because I would like this to stop popping up on my bank account please Microsoft do something about it or else we'll call the cops I'm about sick of...
  4. The new double-wide "happening now" thing is hideous, and nobody liked it, so why are you...

in XboX Insiders
    The new double-wide "happening now" thing is hideous, and nobody liked it, so why are you...: What's the point of the insider program if you don't even listen to the feedback? This sub has nearly a million subscribers, but typically, around 30 people browsing it at any given time, if...
  5. After updating game "finishing things up" slow with memory card

in XBoX on Consoles
    After updating game "finishing things up" slow with memory card: So I've just downloaded a bunch of game updates on my internal hard drive. Everything went super quick, but when I had updates for games that were downloaded to my Series X memory card the...
  6. now that the Xbox b@n exploit is a credible thing what is Microsoft going to do for a fix ?

in XboX Insiders
    now that the Xbox b@n exploit is a credible thing what is Microsoft going to do for a fix ?: The YouTuber Nick (@GhillieYT) claims he was targeted by this exploit and was falsely b@nned for one year. What can players do to protect themselves against this ? While still unconfirmed by Xbox,...
  7. 60FPS+ - Is it the same thing as FPS Boost for Xbox Series X/S?

in XBoX on Consoles
    60FPS+ - Is it the same thing as FPS Boost for Xbox Series X/S?: Hi, so I know what FPS Boost means for Xbox Series X/S already, but I notice on some games the cababilities say something called "60FPS+", is that the same thing or not? If it is the same thing...
  8. WHY IS THIS STILL A THING 2 YEARS LATER?!?!?!

in XBoX on Consoles
    WHY IS THIS STILL A THING 2 YEARS LATER?!?!?!: https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/xbox/forum/all/please-fix-the-xbox-series-2-elite-controller/6d6ede9e-9057-4e58-adde-09210e6ab9f0 This is completely RIDICULOUS. This is the same issue that I...
  9. I can hear things through my headset but can’t talk.

in XBoX on Consoles
    I can hear things through my headset but can’t talk.: So i have the turtle beach stealth 600 headset (bluetooth) and i can hear through it perfectly fine. I can hear game audio and other people and even videos and movies and things like that but my...
  10. Am I supposed to hear these things?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Am I supposed to hear these things?: I put a Xbox one disc into my series x console, the first time it sounded like it was reading the disc, and then it boosted and sounded like it was really trying to do something, so I pulled out...