The OH so dreaded question of DOLBY ATMOS sound option

Discus and support The OH so dreaded question of DOLBY ATMOS sound option in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; I've done everything I can possibly think of to select this sound option on my Xbox 1 X ..my tv is has the option for Dolby Atmos its a Samsung 65 in... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by Husky❤, Feb 17, 2021.

  1. Husky❤
    Husky❤ Guest

    The OH so dreaded question of DOLBY ATMOS sound option


    I've done everything I can possibly think of to select this sound option on my Xbox 1 X ..my tv is has the option for Dolby Atmos its a Samsung 65 in curved TV my soundbar is the Onn Blast 5.1.2 Dolby atmos soundbar..I have my xbox connected via hdmi to TV and my soundbar linked via HDMI/ARC to TV HDMI/ARC also I've downloaded the Dolby app on my Xbox...so when I go to the Dolby app and select set up Dolby atmos it says I need to configure the xbox them gives me the selection bar to go to sound settings seems about right..but still when I select Bitstream out for hdmi then Dolby Atmos for home theater it says my receiver doesn't support Dolby Atmos‍♂️‍♂️‍♂️ how,what,why...my receiver in this case IS a actual atmos soundbar...and also I've seen a YouTube video where a guy hooks his xbox directly to his atmos soundbar then soundbar to TV to.get his to work but how does that get a picture to the TV even if using hdmi/arc the xbox has to have a cable directly to the TV right or wrong because I've tried that and got nowhere...I've read allot of forums and contacted Samsung as well as Microsoft but only been able to talk to gamers that are not actual Microsoft technical employees or maybe they are I don't know anymore I just want to select this sound option and NEED to know what I need on my end to make this happen please please please someone respond and help me

    :)
     
    Husky❤, Feb 17, 2021
    #1
  2. ArminatorX Win User

    Only party audio playing through headset?

    Is it possible that you set your sound output for headphones to Dolby Atmos and didn't buy the Dolby Atmos App?

    If so, you will be able to try Dolby Atmos through Headphones for 14 days, after which it'll stop working.

    You need to switch to basic Stereo or Windows Sonic if you want spatial 3D sound without paying for Dolby Atmos.
  3. StuartATrueRed Win User

    Dolby Atmos trial offered thru XB Store. Any feedback appreciated.

    If you have a sound bar that supports Dolby Atmos, then it wont cost you anything to use it, only the headset portion of Dolby Atmos is $14.99. I use Dolby Atmos and it does sound great, but only for games that support it, otherwise it just sounds normal
    for the games that don't.
  4. ZenKiller08 Win User

    Check your Audio Receiver 0x80bd0009 Dolby Atmos

    The optical port won't allow him to get Dolby Atmos sound though, so that might be an issue for the OP. ARC (not eARC) doesn't support Dolby Atmos, so maybe that's the problem here?
  5. kev edin Win User

    Dolby atmos question

    My lg Dolby atmos sound system shows everything in Dolby atmos, I know there has been a issues with the app.

    But I agree not every game supports Dolby atmos 👍
  6. RomiDumitru Win User

    Dolby Atmos audio from Xbox One is delayed

    Hi

    I have the same problem like you. I have an Xbox One X connected through HDMI cable to an Onkyo amplituner 7.1 which is capable to decode Dolby Atmos & DTS X.

    I have installed Dolby app on my Xbox to get Dolby atmos sound and the result was that I have on all the games no matter if these are with sound in Dolby Atmos or not only in Dolby Atmos.

    Is very strange to get that. I have supposed that when I buy a game with sound in Dolby Digital 5.1 to have Dolby Digital 5.1 and when I buy games in Dolby Atmos to get Dolby Atmos in my amplituner Onkyo.

    The same problem I have with all the movies from Netflix. I installed the Netflix app on my Xbox One X and now all the movies I see have sound in Dolby Atmos, even if in the name of the movie on Netflix it is said the sound is recorded only in Dolby Digital
    5.1.

    What to do in that situation ?......I have tried every settings on my Xbox without any result.......When I put settings on output sound in Xbox everything I played is all in Atmos.

    Like you said: "We don't need everything to be upscaled to Atmos, we just want Atmos to work on stuff that is Atmos as it should!"

    Thanks in advance for everybody give me every piece of advice

    Romeo.
Thema:

The OH so dreaded question of DOLBY ATMOS sound option

Loading...
  1. The OH so dreaded question of DOLBY ATMOS sound option - Similar Threads - dreaded question DOLBY

  2. Question About Steelseries Artic Nova 7X Voice Issues

    in XboX Insiders
    Question About Steelseries Artic Nova 7X Voice Issues: Hello, has anyone else with this headset been experiencing any chat/party issues with this headset within the last couple of weeks? Ever since September 12th when I am in a party either a Xbox...
  3. Question does the new Voice/audio capture feature capture the voices of players on PC or PS5?

    in XboX Insiders
    Question does the new Voice/audio capture feature capture the voices of players on PC or PS5?: I play a lot of cross platform games and something really funny happened so I recorded it and I just heard myself….. I was so sad that the other half of the audio was gone. I was play Arma...
  4. Guys quick question when was the last delta insider update?

    in XboX Insiders
    Guys quick question when was the last delta insider update?: I have this question because my console say the last update i receive was on 08/092026 we are at the end of the month and I have not receive anything new submitted by /u/Comfortable-Boat5223...
  5. Question about getting invited to Alpha / Alpha Skip-Ahead

    in XboX Insiders
    Question about getting invited to Alpha / Alpha Skip-Ahead: Hey Xbox Insiders! I've been an Xbox Insider for 5 years and 10 months. I'm currently Level 4 with 105 XP, and I have 3 quests and 9 surveys completed. I'm really interested in joining the Alpha...
  6. XBOX Preview Programme Questions

    in XboX Insiders
    XBOX Preview Programme Questions: Hello all I have joined the XBOX Insider programme I have been through the hub and it says I have joined the preview program, I'm just wondering what the next steps are as there doesn't seem to be...
  7. Physical media question was a nice surprise to see this morning.

    in XboX Insiders
    Physical media question was a nice surprise to see this morning.: “For each of the following features that could be included on a next-generation XBOX console, which of the following statements would you say best describes the feature? ❓Lets you install games...
  8. How is a question about the future of the ad supported cloud gaming option, a feature being...

    in XboX Insiders
    How is a question about the future of the ad supported cloud gaming option, a feature being...: My previous post voicing an opinion about limiting Xbox cloud gaming hours and asking what the future of the free ad-supported tier could be (a feature that Xbox insiders have been testing) was...
  9. The dreaded share minecraft with kids question

    in XBoX Games and Apps
    The dreaded share minecraft with kids question: I am attempting to share minecraft purchased on my account with the children in my microsoft family How is there not clear instuctions on how to do this I am being prompted by microsoft to...
  10. Why has the Shared account have a dreadful picture

    in XBoX Games and Apps
    Why has the Shared account have a dreadful picture: I have an Xbox X and my daughter has the Xbox One I purchased mw3 and pictures are perfect on mine and smoky on hers This happened om mw2 also 50c11aa2-09fa-4dc7-b290-871e1d73f79d