The OG Xbox Disc Drive Done

Discus and support The OG Xbox Disc Drive Done in XBoX on Windows to solve the problem; I have a OG Xbox and the disc drive is toast. I can't find a new drive for it. Estarland is out of stock for the drives and I can't find any new ones... Discussion in 'XBoX on Windows' started by vlad tepes 2000, Jul 30, 2022.

1. The OG Xbox Disc Drive Done

I have a OG Xbox and the disc drive is toast. I can't find a new drive for it. Estarland is out of stock for the drives and I can't find any new ones anywhere. This sounds funny, but I'm serious for this question. If I got a USB adapter could I run a external disc drive so I can play my xbox disc games?

:)

vlad tepes 2000, Jul 30, 2022
  2. Lucas Lauer Win User

You are welcome, my friend. If you have any other question, please let me know.
  3. vlad tepes 2000 Win User

Thanks for the quick reply.
  4. Lucas Lauer Win User

Hello, vlad. Thanks for reaching out! My name is Lucas. I'm an Independent Advisor and a Microsoft user just like you. I'll be happy to assist you today.

While I have never seen someone that actually tried to use an external disc drive on a Xbox console, the consensus is that it would not work.

Feel free to ask back any questions.
  5. vlad tepes 2000 Win User

Thanks for the info. Unfortunately getting it repaired is not option if there are no new opitical drives available for it nor replacing one old console for another a good idea. There is a pentometer trick which is a pain with front loaders and a temporary fix or hope.
  6. Just a Volunteer Win User

No, you will have to get it repaired or replaced. Only storage disc drives can use a USB connection not optical reader drives. See also this Answered forum post
Thema:

1. The OG Xbox Disc Drive Done - Similar Threads - Disc Drive Done

2. Xbox Series X- discs will not read or spin in optical drive (The ONLY game that reads is...

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox Series X- discs will not read or spin in optical drive (The ONLY game that reads is...: Hi, for the last 6 months I have had serious with my disc drive on my Series X. I am aware of reports that the laser diode that was used in the manufacturing has issues, I have also tried every...
  3. I have an original xbox and the disc drive won' eject. Paper clip don't work. What next?

in XBoX on Consoles
    I have an original xbox and the disc drive won' eject. Paper clip don't work. What next?: I have an original xbox and the disc drive won't open. Tried the paper clip tool and it did't work. What next? a81eeb29-f7e9-4f6e-a093-2e8064856079
  4. is it normal xbox series x disc drive to leave minor scratches to discs during use and time

in XBoX on Consoles
    is it normal xbox series x disc drive to leave minor scratches to discs during use and time: I have an xbox series x and I notice that it leaves some minor or too minor scratches to discs. The laser read them normally and I dont hear any grinding or weird noise from the disc drive. I can...
  5. i need step by step instructions on how to install msfs from a disc drive

in XBoX on Windows
    i need step by step instructions on how to install msfs from a disc drive: I purchased a sealed copy of msfs deluxe version. I started disc 1 and it ran for many hours and finally stopped so I started disc 2 and it ran for many hours. Was I supposed to anything else...
  6. Xbox series x disc drive and cloud sync

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox series x disc drive and cloud sync: My XBox seriesX disc drive does not work and also now won’t sync with the cloud f9f45fe7-190a-421d-ae07-22bd0fc8bdb5
  7. Can someone please help me fix my disc drive??

in XBoX on Consoles
    Can someone please help me fix my disc drive??: When i go to put in a 360 disc or a dvd in my xbox one it won’t read it will just sit in there and when i put a xbox one disc or a blue ray disc in it reads it 75% of the time and some of these...
  8. Can anyone help troubleshoot disc drive replacement?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Can anyone help troubleshoot disc drive replacement?: I replaced the disc drive on my Xbox one. The disc before wouldn't really spin. I successfully replaced the disc drive, and the disc still won't read. Suggestions?...
  9. Series X disc drive noise on start up

in XBoX on Consoles
    Series X disc drive noise on start up: Seems to be a quick jerk or vibrating noise that last a split second. Runs fine otherwise. I talked to MS support and they said it’s the disc drive looking for a disc. I don’t have any discs tho....
  10. Can you repair/clean a Xbox series x disc drive?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Can you repair/clean a Xbox series x disc drive?: My Xbox series x will no longer install disks ,or read some disks. I was able to get one game to install, and load, but that’s it. Is there any way for me to fix this? I no longer have a warranty...