The newest update is making my XBOne almost impossible to use.

Discus and support The newest update is making my XBOne almost impossible to use. in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; Last Night Tried using Netflix, but it would not open. It didn't even get an error message stating "Something went wrong, unable to launch please try... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by JeremyE89, Oct 23, 2017.

1. JeremyE89
    JeremyE89 Guest

Last Night Tried using Netflix, but it would not open. It didn't even get an error message stating "Something went wrong, unable to launch please try again. I tried Crunchy roll and the same thing happened. Tried Youtube and the
    same thing happened. Tried literally every app on my console that streams video or music and the same thing happened. So I restarted the console. It took 10 minutes to boot up but everything started working, at least, until this morning. I should note that
    my settings aren't on power saving mode, but instant on.

Today around 9:00 AM EST and turned my console on, it showed the Xbox logo for 10 minutes then went to a black screen. I thought maybe it was on the wrong TV port so I check HDMI 1 2 3 (Its connected to 2) and nothing but a black
    screen. I leave the room and come back after 8 minutes and it looked how it was supposed to. However I couldn't use the home button interface. (The box that shows recently played games, friends, friends playing games, messages, new message, the tab to go to
    my apps and game etc you get the point)

Then I go to boot up a game, after 10 minutes the game slows, and seems to lag to the point where its unplayable AND the game was in a Single player mode which you do not need an internet connection for. So I close it out, quite process then try to reload
    the game and get an error "Something happened, game took to long to respond." This happened to six other game I own and one was a disc. I then went to my setting, and clicked on network settings but nothing would happen. It would act as if I clicked on it
    but the process that initiates from the click was non existent. This happened to ever sub setting you can find in the settings menu.

At this point I'm annoyed. I power cycle the Xbox One (By pressing the button on the console itself until it shuts down) and wait five minutes, check the power cord to make sure it turned yellow then orange, putting my ear to the console to make sure nothing
    is running at all. Then I grabbed a pen a pad and wrote down everything, and it went exactly like this.

Attempt One

Turned on Xbox one @ 11:00 AM EST, stayed on the booting up screen with the XBOX logo until 11:12 AM EST , showed a black screen for 11:20 AM EST and turned all the way on.

Xbox One froze @ 12:25 PM EST,

Attempt Two

Power cycles again, waited for the console to stop running and the power strip light to change. Unplugged EVERYTHING, reconnected everything except for the Ethernet cable that runs from my Xbox to my router to see if that would make a difference. @ 12:40 PM
    EST. Turned Xbox One on @ 12:55 PM EST and it showed the Xbox Logo appear on the screen until 1:06 PM EST, Black Screen started @ 1:17 PM EST and remained there until I cut the power by flipping a switch on the Power Strip its plugged into @ 1:45 PM ES.T

My xbox has been off ever since 1:45 and I'm about to try turning it back on now @ 2:08 PM EST.

So to summarize

1. Xbox games/Apps slow and become unresponsive and need to be closed out
    2. Xbox games/Apps wont launch at all
    3. Xbox Booting up takes roughly 15-20 minutes showing the logo then a black screen before being useable
    4. Xbox Booting up wont happen alot of times when it hits the black screen it will stay that way
    5. Xbox home button interface doesn't work sometimes if it does actually completely boot up at all.

:)

JeremyE89, Oct 23, 2017
  2. Please Add a "Recent Players List" Similar to Xbox 360

Please bring it back. Making new friends is a real pain. Its almost nearly impossible lol.

Sassy Lil Brat, Oct 23, 2017
  3. Sam Peak
    Sam Peak Guest
    Xbox One control Drifting up

After doing an update on my xbox one wireless controller, which was necessary so that I couldon't use my new headset, the left analogue stick is drifting up which has made it almost impossible to play any games. How can I fix this issue or get a replacement
    controller.

Sam Peak, Oct 23, 2017
  4. JeremyE89
    JeremyE89 Guest

I should also note, that until the Updates I had no issues with my console. It never lagged, froze, or took more then 3 minutes to turn off after a power cycle or while energy saver was active.

JeremyE89, Oct 23, 2017
  5. JeremyE89 Win User

I should also note, that until the Updates I had no issues with my console. It never lagged, froze, or took more then 3 minutes to turn off after a power cycle or while energy saver was active.
  6. LB THE TRUTH Win User

Xbox One Headset Adapter

Yes it's in the box along with a mini USB. I can get it to work fine with ps4. Even completely wireless. But xbone I'm having issues. I don't think there is a update on steelseries site but it's impossible to make contact with them.
  7. griff 321 Win User

XBOX FREEZING WHEN WIRELESS MIC CONNECTS

I have this same problem when my mic cuts out makes it almost impossible to play
  8. fcarden Win User

Almost Impossible

Same problem with the exception that the game closes out on me.
  9. Piddau Win User

Streaming Video/Games Freezes Unless I play windowed or a toolbar is up. Audio is fine.

I have the newest drivers for my Nvidia card. I actually almost think it happened at the same time I updated, not entirely sure however. But so far no newer drivers has been released for my graphics card.

Using a 980 TI at the moment.
Thema:

1. The newest update is making my XBOne almost impossible to use. - Similar Threads - newest update making

2. Xbox unable to update to newest Insider update, offline update fails too. Alpha & Alpha...

in XboX Insiders
    Xbox unable to update to newest Insider update, offline update fails too. Alpha & Alpha...: Hey all, having a huge issue with both my Xbox Series X's. When I try to update normally, this occurs every single time no matter what. https://i.imgur.com/rOkodS9.jpeg When I attempt to do the...
  3. Xbox Wireless Headset keeps disconnecting. What's the newest firmware?

in XboX Insiders
    Xbox Wireless Headset keeps disconnecting. What's the newest firmware?: I have bought a used xbox wireless adapter (official) for my pc so that I can connect my Xbox wireless headset to it. Somehow it starts loosing connection while playing and then reconnects...
  4. Newest Xbox app on PC Windows 11 Not showing installed games and will not let me search.

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Newest Xbox app on PC Windows 11 Not showing installed games and will not let me search.: So after the last update to xbox app im using the insider delta preview. it no longer shows my installed games in the xbox app itself. they launch and run without any issues. I cannot search for...
  5. Console unusable after newest build.

in XboX Insiders
    Console unusable after newest build.: Went to turn on my Series S a few minutes ago, just to see a looping error screen for a failed update. Normally not an issue as it happens and a reset usually fixes, but the console is stuck in a...
  6. How do you get custom skins on the newest version of Minecraft bedrock, Xbox

in XBoX Games and Apps
    How do you get custom skins on the newest version of Minecraft bedrock, Xbox: I’ve been trying to get a custom skin on Minecraft but all the instructions online seem not to work. Can you tell me how to get a custom skin on Minecraft bedrock, Xbox?...
  7. What are the newest combat games everyone plays? Twixon90

in XBoX Games and Apps
    What are the newest combat games everyone plays? Twixon90: What are the newest combat games everyone plays? 1c593bd4-cefc-4405-a836-df262d8c2d2c
  8. When two PCs have the newest Xbox Wireless Adapter for Windows, one controller will never...

in XBoX on Consoles
    When two PCs have the newest Xbox Wireless Adapter for Windows, one controller will never...: I have two Windows 11 PCs, two Xbox Wireless Adapter for Windowses, and two Xbox Series X controllers. At one point both controllers decided to sync to the same PC. Now, while that PC is on, the...
  9. What is the newest system update version for Xbox 360?

in XBoX on Consoles
    What is the newest system update version for Xbox 360?: What is the newest system update version for Xbox 360? 51ef5820-83e0-46f9-9d61-b0156307507f
  10. Why is it since I updated newest MW2 is I half to constantly deal with error try again...

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Why is it since I updated newest MW2 is I half to constantly deal with error try again...: Why is it since I updated newest MW2 is I half to constantly deal with error try again later unless I uninstall it and reinstall its starting to piss me off that ever since the update I been...