The new minecraft launcher for PC is (still) broken

Discus and support The new minecraft launcher for PC is (still) broken in XBoX Games and Apps to solve the problem; When i first tried updating to the newest launcher from the Microsoft takeover it wouldn't let me log in with both Microsoft and Mojang account infos,... Discussion in 'XBoX Games and Apps' started by Tyler Pearson1, Dec 1, 2022.

1. The new minecraft launcher for PC is (still) broken

When i first tried updating to the newest launcher from the Microsoft takeover it wouldn't let me log in with both Microsoft and Mojang account infos, i figured it was just a bug that'd be worked out soon but right after trying to log in and opening the help page every browser I tried stopped working completely to the point here i had to wipe my system. now its a few months later and the exact same thing is happening without the broken internet browsers since i didn't bother trying to open the help page. this has been extremely frustrating as the migration to Microsofts platform promised free access to the bedrock version, i can still sorta play java through MultiMC but its limited especially in its current state.

I've seen some posts regarding similar issues but it seems it was never solved, is anybody still experiencing this?

:)

Tyler Pearson1, Dec 1, 2022
  2. JosefLBohorquez Win User

Hi and thanks for reaching Microsoft Xbox gamer's community. My name is Josef.
    I'm an Independent Advisor and a Microsoft Xbox user like you.

Hope you're doing great today despite this Tyler

Sorry to hear that Minecraft launcher is not working properly for you
    In situations like this the best option is report the bug directly to Mojang

Please use this website for that purpose:
    https://bugs.mojang.com/

Don’t forget to be as detailed as possible there
  3. Luke Rogers Win User

New Minecraft launcher is broken

Hello, Luke. Thanks for reaching out! My name is Lucas, and I'm an Independent Advisor and a Microsoft user just like you. I'll be happy to assist you today.

Is this happening only with the Minecraft launcher? Are you able to sign in to the Microsoft store, Xbox app and Microsoft/Xbox websites just fine?
    Yes, i can sign in to everything else. I just signed in to minecraft on my tablet today, actually. the issue is only winth the NEW minecraft launcher available on the Microsoft Store.
  4. Lucas Lauer Win User

New Minecraft launcher is broken

Hello, Luke. Thanks for reaching out! My name is Lucas, and I'm an Independent Advisor and a Microsoft user just like you. I'll be happy to assist you today.

Is this happening only with the Minecraft launcher? Are you able to sign in to the Microsoft store, Xbox app and Microsoft/Xbox websites just fine?
  5. Ricardo Lechuga Win User

Owned Minecraft since it was in Beta testing now I have to pay monthly to play my game??

Hi AndreaSteinbach! My name is Ricardo an independent advisor ready to help you with this situation!

This links contains the needed information about all question with the new launcher

https://help.minecraft.net/hc/en-us/articles/44...

In regards of the payment part

If I already own one or more of the games on the Microsoft Store, can I use the new Launcher?

Yes! It’s been designed to consolidate all your existing and future Minecraft games in one place. Just click on the link above to download the new Launcher and get mining.

Is the Minecraft Launcher for Windows free?

The launcher itself is free, but you will need to purchase the games individually in order to play them.

Does the Minecraft Launcher for Windows automatically give me access to all games?

No, you still need to purchase each game individually. You can also subscribe to Xbox Game Pass for PC or Xbox Game Pass Ultimate to gain access to Minecraft: Java Edition, Minecraft for Windows(Bedrock Edition), and Minecraft Dungeons.
  6. JosefLBohorquez Win User

Minecraft launcher broken.

Hi and thanks for reaching Microsoft Xbox gamer's community. My name is Josef.
    I'm an Independent Advisor and a Microsoft Xbox user like you.

Hope you're doing great today despite this Da.

Please try this:

Press Windows key + X and then select Windows PowerShell (Admin).

Type or copy / past the following command and press Enter:

Get-AppXPackage | Foreach {Add-AppxPackage -DisableDevelopmentMode -Register "$($_.InstallLocation)\AppXManifest.xml"}

Wait until the command ends, after that restart your PC and verify (don’t worry if you see red messages, that’s normal)

———

If maybe that doesn’t work, try creating a new local administrator user in your PC and try from there
    https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/cre...
Thema:

1. The new minecraft launcher for PC is (still) broken - Similar Threads - minecraft launcher still

2. Why can't I use Minecraft Launcher WITHOUT installing it on the Microsoft Store, and...

in XBoX Accessibility
    Why can't I use Minecraft Launcher WITHOUT installing it on the Microsoft Store, and...: Seriously, I know Microsoft wants to streamline their cross-platform capabilities, but this is so stupid. I can't even play Minecraft without the Xbox app working properly. The Xbox app is such a...
  3. I have purchased Minecraft on my MacBook Pro, but the launcher is not working, what do I...

in XBoX Accessibility
    I have purchased Minecraft on my MacBook Pro, but the launcher is not working, what do I...: Each time I try to open it, it says the launcher is not responding. If it is just not going to work, how can I get a refund? 4321be62-e20b-4125-bde6-f9a5c176ccf9
  4. Why can't I open Minecraft Launcher

in XBoX on Consoles
    Why can't I open Minecraft Launcher: I'm trying to open Minecraft Launcher and everytime I get hit with: "Minecraft Launcher is currently not available in your account. Make sure you are signed in to the Store and try again. Here’s...
  5. I bought Minecraft through the Minecraft website but in the launcher it still says buy now

in XBoX Games and Apps
    I bought Minecraft through the Minecraft website but in the launcher it still says buy now: I just bought Normal Minecraft which includes Minecraft Java, Minecraft Bedrock, and the Minecraft launcher but after downloading and opening the Minecraft launcher it still tells me to buy...
  6. Minecraft account migrated successfully, but launcher still asks to buy the game

in XBoX Accessibility
    Minecraft account migrated successfully, but launcher still asks to buy the game: Hello I migrated my minecraft account on february 12 of 2022, I received a mail telling me the migration was a success. But when I started the launcher, I am asked to buy the game ? I own it...
  7. I still cant open my minecraft launcher despite trying everything

in XBoX Games and Apps
    I still cant open my minecraft launcher despite trying everything: Every time I try to open the new minecraft launcher it always gives me the error "Windows cannot access the specified device, path, or file. You may not have the appropriate permissions to access...
  8. Why does Minecraft Launcher still say Buy now after I purchased minecraft?

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Why does Minecraft Launcher still say Buy now after I purchased minecraft?: Hello A while ago My Mum bought me the Minecraft java and bedrock bundle on the Microsoft store using Microsoft family link it said the purchase succeeded but on the launcher it still says buy now...
  9. Minecraft: Java Edition still unavailable on launcher

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Minecraft: Java Edition still unavailable on launcher: Hello! I bought Minecraft: Java Edition about 10 years ago, occasionally played it up until now. Some time ago Minecraft's site asked me if I wanted to migrate my Mojang Account to Microsoft...
  10. Minecraft Dungeons gift code redeemed but still says Buy Now in Minecraft Dungeons Launcher

in XBoX on Windows
    Minecraft Dungeons gift code redeemed but still says Buy Now in Minecraft Dungeons Launcher: 1. I redeemed a gift code for a copy of Minecraft Dungeons with my MS account 2. On my PC I log in to my MS account (same as in step 1) in the Minecraft Dungeons Launcher 3. I click on Minecraft...