The never ending checking for update.

Discus and support The never ending checking for update. in XBoX Games and Apps to solve the problem; Hello so I have been having problems with the xbox app saying its looking for updates when there are none. The app wont download games. It randomly... Discussion in 'XBoX Games and Apps' started by BPankow, May 21, 2023.

1. BPankow
    BPankow Guest

Hello so I have been having problems with the xbox app saying its looking for updates when there are none. The app wont download games. It randomly makes progress when i uninstall and reset a bunch of other app like the store and gaming services. I am starting to get very frustrated. Would it be beneficial to completely delete everything to do with xbox from my pc and start from scratch or am i still going to have this problem?

The never ending checking for update. [​IMG]

:)

BPankow, May 21, 2023
  2. Darhyl Mayte Amizola Win User

Hey there!

Nice to meet you! I'm Darhyl, a fellow gamer. I'm sorry you are experiencing this. I am here to help.

It seems you have exhausted all the troubleshooting steps yet the issue still persists. In this case, that might be the only best option.

I have resolved a similar issue before, the gamer had decided to reformat the C: Drive where the Windows was installed then proceeds to download the Xbox app, and then game downloads worked normally.

Kindly do the same however before you proceed with your reformat, make sure to back up your files.
  3. XBF Zineb F Win User

Never ending update

Hello there @Manbearpig64568, I hope everything is going well!

Thank you for reaching Microsoft Xbox Forum support. I want you not to worry about the situation because I am here to help you out! I believe your console might need either a network reset or just a system refresh. I would like you to go through the following steps to clear the Mac address and then perform a quick power cycle on your console:

Settings > Network Settings > Advanced Settings > Alternate Mac Address > Clear it and the console should restart. It would definitely help if you could restart the internet router while the console is restarting.

After going through the troubleshooting steps mentioned, I invite you to perform a quick power cycle by turning off the console and then unplugging all the cables. After 2 to 3 minutes, re-plug them back again, then restart your console.

Another thing you should check is your NAT type. I would like you to check your NAT type if open because that could sometimes interfere. to check for the NAT type you can follow the steps below:

Settings > Network Settings > NAT type => It should be open.

If the NAT type is not open, you will need to open some ports with your internet provider. These ports must be open for Xbox Live to work: Port 88 (UDP) Port 3074 (UDP and TCP) Port 53 (UDP and TCP) Port 80 (TCP) Port 500 (UDP) Port 3544 (UDP) Port 4500 (UDP).

In case the issue still persists after the previous steps have been performed here is the official link to all the network troubleshooting steps that can help sort this out for you.

The link: Troubleshoot your Xbox One network connection | Xbox Support

I wish you a lovely day, and I hope this helps you out! All the best!

Kind Regards

Stay safe, and happy gaming!
  4. Woofway Win User

Never ending update

For some reason this happens sometimes and I believe it has something to do with either your connection, the servers, or your connection to the servers.
  5. {Parity} Win User

never ending update

Try performing a hard reset EXACTLY like this. Hold the power button on the console for 8 seconds or until the power shuts down completely.
    Unplug the power cord from the back of the console for 5 minutes.
    Plug the power cord back in and restart the console.
  6. Cap Gustavo Win User

never ending update

I just let Fortnite update in 100% for 3 hours to play it yesterday
Thema:

1. The never ending checking for update. - Similar Threads - never ending checking

2. Never got my reward

in XBoX on Windows
    Never got my reward: I redeemed 9500points for the one month of gamepass core and got the notification it went through. My point are gone but I still can’t play online. I restarted my game, my console, and even came...
  3. I need a refund on a Xbox series s I never got

in XBoX Accessibility
    I need a refund on a Xbox series s I never got: I need a refund on a Xbox I never got 4cf1c754-9f95-40fb-951a-985fd29dbbae
  4. I have a gilded series s bundle but when I claim it, it never claims and I just get a...

in XBoX on Windows
    I have a gilded series s bundle but when I claim it, it never claims and I just get a...: I have a gilded series s bundle but when I claim it, it never claims and I just get fa9c522e-5782-4ad9-9627-64281532abe6
  5. How do I get a code that's been redeemed but never add my v bucks to my for fortnight game

in XBoX on Windows
    How do I get a code that's been redeemed but never add my v bucks to my for fortnight game: On March 3add a vbuck and says it was confirmed but never added epic says it's Microsoft due it secondary code never redeemed so I did go back try code but says I can't I just need help get my...
  6. I purchased DTS headphone X and never received it, and Microsoft refuses to refund me!! and...

in XBoX on Windows
    I purchased DTS headphone X and never received it, and Microsoft refuses to refund me!! and...: I purchased DTS headphone X and never received it, and Microsoft refuses to refund me!! and refuse to give me the item I clearly own and can be seen in my orders as PURCHASED! ALL THEY DO IS SEND...
  7. Password reset NEVER sends a code to my email address - currently being billed for a...

in XBoX Accessibility
    Password reset NEVER sends a code to my email address - currently being billed for a...: I have followed tried all the solutions offered here. I have tried to contact support to no avail. I realized from a credit card statement that I am being billed for an xbox pass and cannot login...
  8. Points were never deposited at the end of May

in XBoX Rewards & Social
    Points were never deposited at the end of May: I'm hoping that I can make a request for my credits to get deposited as I'm unsure if they'll even get deposited on the 15th. I have 7,000 credits, so it'll be nice to not miss out on those....
  9. I was looking at the end of my cell phone blender But they never gave the pack of voices.

in XBoX Sales and Promo
    I was looking at the end of my cell phone blender But they never gave the pack of voices.: I was looking at the end of my cell phone blender But they never gave the pack of voices. 71fe0abd-14c3-47fb-b66b-038a6daddcd3
  10. Brothers to the end code for preordering GEARS OF WAR 4 never received

in XBoX Sales and Promo
    Brothers to the end code for preordering GEARS OF WAR 4 never received: Hello so I got this problem. I preordered Gears of War 4 Ultimate Edition from local retailer. But I never received from you code for "Brothers to the end" DLC. I played game via early access so...