The need for a xbox 360 style controller that works with xbox one.

Discus and support The need for a xbox 360 style controller that works with xbox one. in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; Ok so my problem is the cross compatibility of the 360 controllers with the Xbox one. I get why they do it, they want is to buy the next gen stuff. But... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by mclohan, May 9, 2020.

1. mclohan
    mclohan Guest

Ok so my problem is the cross compatibility of the 360 controllers with the Xbox one. I get why they do it, they want is to buy the next gen stuff. But personally i have had an issue with the One controllers since launch. I dont like them at all. The 360
    shape/style was superior in every way imo. I have RA and as my hands get worse and worse, the Xboxone controllers get harder to use. Every time i pick up a 360 controller i instantly miss how easy it was to use and how comfortable it was for my brittle hands.
    I heard some other company made a hybrid controller you could use on the Xone that was the 360 style, though i cant find them anywhere. With the next generation of Xbox coming later this year I ask you microsoft please please bring back the 360 style controller.
    Please, my hands and joints would thank you for it ten fold. We need these extra options for ppl like myself who truly thought you got it right the second time around(original Xbox controller was too big) and made unwanted changes to an already great fit.
    Finally if anyone knows where i can find a 360 style that works with xbox one i would love to know bc i fear next gen might change things for worse again. I realize i am in the minority here and if it was just personal pref i would not even bring it up, this
    is even more than a comfort thing, it has affected play style and overall quality of my performance. One last time, please make this an option in the future.

:)

mclohan, May 9, 2020
  2. Auswulf Win User

MS should release the Xbox One's style fixed d pad for 360.

Worth a try but I don't see it ever happening. By the time the new console gets released the old 360 controller will be considered old technology. It is possible third parties will step up to make a xbox one style controller that will work with the Xbox
    360. It has happened before with the original xbox with 360 style like controllers. A third party company also may yet make an adapter that could possibly make the One controller backwards compatible with the 360.
  3. Smiling Cat-FAB725BA Win User

Question: Will there really be a plug in headset that will work with the Xbox 360 headphones for the Xbox One?

Yeah MS recently confirmed they are going to have an adapter for the Xbox One controller to have a 2.5mm headset connection. They haven't said if it will come with the console or be available at launch though.

-

So any headsets designed to work with the 360 controller should be good TurtleBeach, Astro, Tritton even MS 360 headsets. The oldest style headset that came with the early 360s that had the volume and mute controls right in the middle probably won't work
    though.

-

There is also the previously shown Xbox One controller specific headset, but it won't ship with the console.
  4. Mistress Sara Win User

Wireless controls

Hi there,

A 360 controller will work with a 360 console, and an Xbox one controller will work with an Xbox One, but a 360 controller will not work with an Xbox One and vice versa.
  5. PalmettoBling Win User

Xbox 360 controller on Windows 10

The Xbox 360 controllers need a special wireless connector to work with Windows. The 360 controllers, different from the Xbox One controllers, do not send input signals over the charge and play cable to the computer or console, those are only for charging
    the batteries in the controller.

You would need
    this accessory for it to work on a PC
    or buy a specifically a wired Xbox 360 controller.
  6. JMM REVIEW Win User

Please EA, Please....

Thema:

1. The need for a xbox 360 style controller that works with xbox one. - Similar Threads - need 360 style

2. Need help downloading 360 profile while playing backwards compatible games on series x

in XBoX Accessibility
    Need help downloading 360 profile while playing backwards compatible games on series x: I’m trying to play my save on fallout 3, I’m signed to my account on the series x and connected to Xbox live but when i play the game my profile isn’t on the 360 dashboard and won’t let me...
  3. I have an Xbox 360, does the console need any update

in XBoX on Consoles
    I have an Xbox 360, does the console need any update: Does my Xbox 360 console need any updates that I am not aware of 70a07d6f-ae55-4f3c-8c1f-41f88fb585b2
  4. I need to reset my xbox 360

in XBoX on Windows
    I need to reset my xbox 360: how do I reset my xbox 360e db3e485b-df3a-44f1-a408-d3cfb5ad099c
  5. Xbox 360 E says I need wireless network adapter?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox 360 E says I need wireless network adapter?: So I have my Xbox 360 E and I wanted to connect it to internet because I heard that the Xbox 360 E has it built in so I don’t. Need to buy any extra stuff but when I try connecting it to my WiFi...
  6. I need a PSU for a xbox 360. Mine has a square peg in the middle that must be accommodated....

in XBoX on Consoles
    I need a PSU for a xbox 360. Mine has a square peg in the middle that must be accommodated....: Xbox 360 2006 model takes a different kind of PSU than all those after 2006. Mine has a square peg in the middle that must be accommodated. Where can I find a PSU for it? MFG data 2006 - 10 - 18....
  7. What kind of wifi extender do I need for my Xbox 360

in XBoX on Windows
    What kind of wifi extender do I need for my Xbox 360: What kind of wifi extender do I need for my Xbox 360? d5f635a5-91cc-4e73-878b-389df4175534
  8. Need help fixing a Israeli Xbox 360 S

in XBoX on Consoles
    Need help fixing a Israeli Xbox 360 S: My friend has a Xbox 360 s. 4 years ago it broke, and today I decided to come and fix it. We plugged it in, and the box turns yellow as expected. We press the power button and it turns green for...
  9. Second hand xbox 360 infected with malware. need xbox 360 s operating system download link

in XBoX on Windows
    Second hand xbox 360 infected with malware. need xbox 360 s operating system download link: Well so I bought a second hand xbox 360 on amazon. Stupidly connected it to my LAN, prior owner accounts were present and formatted the drive through the 360 console as well as doing a factory...
  10. We need the ability to recreate xbox 360 avatars on the avatar editor

in XBoX Accessibility
    We need the ability to recreate xbox 360 avatars on the avatar editor: We need the ability to recreate xbox 360 avatars on the avatar editor, because i loved spending hours messing around with the characters back in 2019, but now i'm super bummed out that i have to...