The menu/pause button doesn't work on Remote Play

Discus and support The menu/pause button doesn't work on Remote Play in XBoX Games and Apps to solve the problem; How do I get that button working on Remote Play? I can play fine with everything else, but can't pause or go into inventory or whatever else that... Discussion in 'XBoX Games and Apps' started by Brelen Raven, Jan 18, 2022.

1. Brelen Raven
    Brelen Raven Guest

How do I get that button working on Remote Play? I can play fine with everything else, but can't pause or go into inventory or whatever else that button will do in games!

:)

Brelen Raven, Jan 18, 2022
  2. josuevelazquez1 Win User

Hi, I have the same issue when I do remote play from my tablet, it all works perfectly fine with the exception of the pause button (the one with the 3 horizontal lines). Controller works perfectly when connected to a console or IOS device. Is just an issue with the android version of the app.
  3. XBF - Amory Win User

Morning! Just to confirm (because a lot more folks get this mixed up than you think), when you say "Remote Play" you are referring to the ability to play your console from another PC connected to the same Wi-Fi locally, right? You're not referring to Cloud Gaming? I just need to make sure.

Meanwhile, does that controller happen to have the same problem in any other games you play natively on the console or the PC? In case it does have that problem in other places, it could be that your controller is having a bad hardware day--or week--and you may need to submit a repair ticket for your controller.
  4. JOEZILLA-F3713C3E-C0 Win User

Media Remote

I hope there's a new update for the media remote for better functionality of the bluray player, menu buttons work perfectly if using the xbox controller, but using the remote hitting play/pause twice just to bring up the menu and selecting scene or main
    menu., plus no quick way to get rid of the menu feedback unless using a controller. While movie is playing. Disappointed so far in M$
  5. Pocket Fox AU Win User

Xbox One Media Remote - Pop-up/ Start Menu buttons do not work during Blu-Ray playback

OMGOSH you guys!

I made a little progress. Ok, so the share and option buttons don't do a dang thing on the media remote during playback. (Please fix this Microsoft)

But! If you press the pause/play button you will see the play, fast, back menu pop up on screen.

To the far right you will see three white fullstops/periods "..."

Navigate with the media remotes buttons to this ... icon and click it with the middle button on the remote.

THIS, brings up a menu which shows menu, subtitles on/off, subtitles, pop-up menu and more!

It's not ideal, but it's at least something to make the remote a little more useful.

Thanks for reading, y'all be good :3
  6. gary-1955 Win User

media remote

I have been using a white remote for years and just got a new xbox for another room. some of the printing on the buttons on the white one have worn off.

I went out and saw the black remote and bought it for the other room. what were these people thinking.

no "green" button. the only way I have found to get to the main menu is press back several times

no stop button.

a stupid combined play/pause button. when I fast forward or rewind I want to press play to play not to pause.

no tv function button so it will act as a tv remote instead of just xbox control

I may have to go to eBay to buy the old white remote.
Thema:

1. The menu/pause button doesn't work on Remote Play - Similar Threads - menu pause button

2. how do i adjust wireless headset volume if the menu is greyed out?

in XBoX on Consoles
    how do i adjust wireless headset volume if the menu is greyed out?: I have a wirless xbox headset that connects to my xbox just fine but there’s no audio. the headset volume and chat mixer are greyed out and I can adjust the chat mixer on the headset but for the...
  3. OG Xbox One does not shut down via Xbox button menu.

in XBoX on Consoles
    OG Xbox One does not shut down via Xbox button menu.: Hi everyone I have an OG Xbox One and it doesn't shut down when asked to via the Xbox button menu on the controller. I have to go to settings, Energy Management and then choose "fully shut down...
  4. Xbox series X unsupported mode on tv can't get menu for xbox settings to come up on tv....

in XBoX on Windows
    Xbox series X unsupported mode on tv can't get menu for xbox settings to come up on tv....: XBOX SERIES X -UNSUPPORTED MODE STUCK ON SCREEN. CANT GET XBOX MENU TO COME UP. PLEASE HELP ITS STUCK 69f39e34-6d04-4bad-a076-9758beac45ac
  5. Volume slider on menu doesn’t do anything.

in XboX Insiders
    Volume slider on menu doesn’t do anything.: Idk when this started happening but when listening to Spotify or another music playing app, you were able to control the balance of volume between the music and the rest of the console. This...
  6. I get this Screen whenever I press the Xbox button to open the menu. Can anyone help me?

in XBoX on Consoles
    I get this Screen whenever I press the Xbox button to open the menu. Can anyone help me?: [img] I get this Screen whenever I press the Xbox button to open the menu. Help d2ceb160-e98e-47ac-9b2c-442ff356f022
  7. Sound pops/cracks when navigating in Xbox's menu and HDMI-CEC not working

in XBoX on Consoles
    Sound pops/cracks when navigating in Xbox's menu and HDMI-CEC not working: Hello Everybody, I recently purchased an Xbox Series X and there are two things that annoy me a bit. The first is Xbox's cracking audio while I navigate in the menu. It occurs only when I...
  8. Why can't I acsess the menu in forza horizon 5? I can't even pause it

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Why can't I acsess the menu in forza horizon 5? I can't even pause it: I can't access the menu or even pause forza horizon 5! I've reinstalled the game and have even gone as far as resetting the console and it still doesn't work 75886539-fbf8-4e3a-8a1e-6b48721973b9
  9. Why does Forza Horizon 4 keep getting stuck when i open the pause menu on Xbox Series X?

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Why does Forza Horizon 4 keep getting stuck when i open the pause menu on Xbox Series X?: I recently got a physical copy of FH4 on my Xbox Series X. Keep in mind I live in Lebanon, the internet is not too good and I usually just install physical copies and play the games offline...
  10. Problems with saving and pause menu loading times in Forza Horizon 5

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Problems with saving and pause menu loading times in Forza Horizon 5: I'm running Forza Horizon 5 on game pass ultimate, and I've been having a problem where I click the pause button and it brings up the header info (gamertag, current car, credits, accolade points...