The latest update

Discus and support The latest update in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; The lates update was, in my opinion, not very good. The interface takes longer to navigate (yes I've know how to use the functions I usually use; like... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by Gnera666, Oct 23, 2017.

1. Gnera666
    Gnera666 Guest

The latest update

The lates update was, in my opinion, not very good. The interface takes longer to navigate (yes I've know how to use the functions I usually use; like party, friends, messages, game hub and so on) and it seems like there are more steps to do what I did before.

Apart from that the voice control has gone completely down the drain, I tried to say "Xbox select" like I've done hundreds of times before and the console thought I said either "Xbox sign out" or "Xbox send a message" even when I articulated "Xbox select"
    I got those two (or it didn't do anything since it was already at the sign out or message.

I don't mind updates that fixes problems or make a smarter interface but this update caused problems and made a worse interface

:)

Gnera666, Oct 23, 2017
  2. bloosuga
    bloosuga Guest
    Xbox One - Twitch App Black Screen Issue.

Have you updated your console to the latest update by chance?

bloosuga, Oct 23, 2017
  3. Acehigh79
    Acehigh79 Guest
    Xbox is telling me to get Gold even though I have it?

this latest update reset all my settings. just had to reboot after getting the update installed.

Acehigh79, Oct 23, 2017
  4. M3tal Daz3
    M3tal Daz3 Guest

The latest update

M3tal Daz3, Oct 23, 2017
  5. Mister Fitzer Win User

Latest Update

Have you tried using one of the steps listed
    here
    ?
  6. halo85441223665 Win User

Latest update

The last update seems to have also basically "bricked" my xbox as well. I was finally able to get past the green spash screen, without the lockup and freeze, only to have it happen any time I try to select or do anything. For me, there is no error code,
    it just freezes the current screen, also locking out the controller, and if I wait for a few min, screen goes black and does nothing. I have tried power down of the system, and rebooting, tried logging out and back in with microsoft account (finally accomplished
    after 5 freezes), powered down the entire power strip, and even tried different rooms/tvs/wired connection/wireless connection and have never gotten my system to last more than 3 min before crash/freeze.

Is there a way to revert back to before the patch bricked my system? Or even a way to reset it to factory settings? Any aid in this issue would be greatly appreciated.

I had the exact same issue. Reboots and hard resets did nothing. I tried to see if there was an update but I couldn't even get to the settings menu. Eventually I just let it sit and after awhile it shut itself down. Next time I started it up it loaded an
    update. Seems to be working now. I can't say for sure whether it updated itself or there was something I did in all my random button pressing. So I guess my recommendation is to just turn it on and do nothing?

I'm also having the same issue. The latest update installed fine a few days ago & all seemed fine apart from some of my achievement notifications not popping up. Turned it on today & it seemed to load fine until I noticed it had a "connect to Xbox live"
    message displayed to the left of the home screen & then discovered my controller was non responsive. A few mins later it allowed me to access the home menu then froze again. Tried shutting down & restarting, didn't work. Did a hard reset & left it unplugged
    for a few mins then loaded up & got the black screen with the same issues as before. Currently following the advice to leave it sitting but apart from getting the 0x80070102 error, no sign of it powering itself down :-(
    That same thing happened to me no joke.Except the only difference was i was never able to play a game in the first place.
  7. LestorWong Win User

Latest update

i have the same problem, whenever i try to start something it just freezes and can't use the controller except for the xbox button. when i hold that button i get the screen where you can choose to shutdown or shutdown the controller, i can't select anything.
    i can only press the xbox button to let the window disappear but the screen stays dark and i can't do anything.i also get the error code a lot. it says to hold the power button for 10sec. i do that and start it back up and i still can't use my xbox

it also won't connect to internet

please help!
    Happens to many people. They won't acknowledge it. If anyone from MS actually replies, they'd ask you to try all sorts of stuff that won't work.

Giving up on this "support" forum to be honest.
  8. FIachzange Win User

Latest update

I have the same Problem and i dont know what to do
  9. DAZZA 433 Win User

Latest update

If you do a defrag and it still loads slow then just delete the game from your system and redownload it, That should fully fix any loading issues you have.

Also some people like to leave the game to fully download at the actual download screen rather than go to their garage when the download hits playable, Don't know if it makes any difference but some people think it does.

I have had to delete the game in the past and do a full redownload to fix loading into games late.
Thema:

The latest update

1. The latest update - Similar Threads - latest update

2. My X box 360 is not updating to latest version...Status code is coming please tell how to...

in XBoX on Windows
    My X box 360 is not updating to latest version...Status code is coming please tell how to...: Status Code= 3F45 -4497-1381-0300-C800-0036 This code is coming again and again 9cb1142d-31ae-4d99-a8b4-8c0888797a08
  3. My Xbox controller Elite 2 doesn't update to the latest firmware

in XBoX on Consoles
    My Xbox controller Elite 2 doesn't update to the latest firmware: Why my Xbox controller Elite 2 doesn't update to the latest firmware? The rest of my controlller updated to the firmware 5.20.7.0 without any problem, but The Elite 2 remains with 5.17.3202.0. The...
  4. Latest Skip Ahead update disabled HDR?

in XboX Insiders
    Latest Skip Ahead update disabled HDR?: Has anyone else had HDR completely disabled on their Xbox after the latest Skip Ahead update? Ive tried switching to different resolutions, making sure Night Mode wasn't on by accident, tried...
  5. I CANNOT update OR USE the Xbox Accessories App. It just says i need the latest update,...

in XBoX on Windows
    I CANNOT update OR USE the Xbox Accessories App. It just says i need the latest update,...: Everytime i open xbox accessories app it just says i need the latest version BUT I HAVE NO AVAILABLE UPDATES. sorry for the caps im losing it. so much has gone wrong in me trying to fix this that...
  6. (0x80070643) error with latest attempt to update. Is this just some microsoft screwup?

in XBoX on Consoles
    (0x80070643) error with latest attempt to update. Is this just some microsoft screwup?: It is Windows 10. I did a check for an update yesterday and there were none so I was fully up to date. This morning I am getting an error. (0x80070643) I ran the troubleshooter for updates....
  7. Not liking the latest update to Edge on the beta ring

in XboX Insiders
    Not liking the latest update to Edge on the beta ring: Why did they remove the sidebar from edge including access to Copilot. submitted by /u/derekagraham [link] [comments]
  8. Issue resolved for latest PC app update (2/23/24)

in XboX Insiders
    Issue resolved for latest PC app update (2/23/24): You will need to use the gaming services repair tool to fix the issue. As I just updated it last night (2/22/24) and the next time I went to launch the same game I had been playing for the last 12...
  9. part of omega ring, latest update does not include thumb stick calib app, even though it is...

in XboX Insiders
    part of omega ring, latest update does not include thumb stick calib app, even though it is...: Hi, I am part of the omega ring and yesterday (2/14/2024) an update was pushed out my XBox. My current version now is xb_flt_2402zn.240207-1700 and my console is the XBox One S. In the...
  10. Win 11 latest update causing issues with xbox 360 controller

in XBoX on Windows
    Win 11 latest update causing issues with xbox 360 controller: Hi I updated my PC to the latest windows update and after that my wired Xbox 360 controller(s) have stopped working on my PC. I have reinstalled the drivers, tried different USB ports (USB 3.0...