The latest update stopped my audio, how do I get it back?

Discus and support The latest update stopped my audio, how do I get it back? in XBoX Games and Apps to solve the problem; All of my audio has been turned off after the March 21 2023 update. Looks like they tinkered too much on this one. 43c45518-a9d3-431e-a535-db9a77001f4e Discussion in 'XBoX Games and Apps' started by Parfox Noyb, Mar 23, 2023.

1. Parfox Noyb
    Parfox Noyb Guest

All of my audio has been turned off after the March 21 2023 update.

Looks like they tinkered too much on this one.

:)

Parfox Noyb, Mar 23, 2023
  2. Francia J. Win User

Hi, I hope you're doing great out there. I am an Independent advisor and I am here to help you in regard to your concern.

I have here steps that we can try, please perform a power cycle on your console by following the steps below:

POWERCYCLE CONSOLE​​​

​​​

"1. Turn off your console by holding the Xbox button on the front of the console for approximately 10 seconds. The console will turn off. ​​​

2. Turn your console back on by pressing the Xbox button on the console or the Xbox button on your controller. ​​"

If that didn't work resetting the console keeping games and apps will be the next option. Don't worry because as long as you're connected to Xbox Live your saved progress, games, will not be deleted. It will remove all of your accounts but you can add all of them later on.

"Press the Xbox button to open the guide.

Select Profile & system > Settings > System > Console info.

Select Reset console.

Reset and keep my games & apps."
  3. Tom Montgomery Win User

Audio is delayed when using DTS over optical.

Latest update does not fix this unfortunately. However, just before the latest patch I noticed that if I play with the audio settings by constantly switching both hdmi and optical to different ouputs, I can sometimes randomly get the optical output to not
    be delayed. I've then managed to watch a whole bluray with no audio lag, but it will go back to being delayed when I turn the xbox back on again.

When playing with the settings, it's also possible to get it to play audio via hdmi when the setting is set to off, so these controls definitely have issues.
  4. UnbarringApollo Win User

No audio after startup

I finally resolved the issue when I had my TV download the latest system software update. After the download, my Xbox had working audio over the TV when I powered it back on.
  5. Farscape247 Win User

Turtle Beach Audio Issue

seams to be a glitch with the latest controller update, i have to press the audio preset button on the headset adapter to get the audio to work ok, super human hearing is off, been using these for the past 9 months or more with no issues, try them on my
    other controller that is not updated and they work great so this is an update issue, typical.
  6. boreallis Win User

No audio via optical output

My audio optical out recently just quit working altogether. Was there a recent update or something that stopped sending out the audio signal over optical?

I do notice on my receiver it now displays Dolby Digital when I use the HDMI when it didn't previously. I was using the optical audio to get Dolby Digital.

Any ideas on what's going on?
Thema:

1. The latest update stopped my audio, how do I get it back? - Similar Threads - latest update stopped

2. My X box 360 is not updating to latest version...Status code is coming please tell how to...

in XBoX on Windows
    My X box 360 is not updating to latest version...Status code is coming please tell how to...: Status Code= 3F45 -4497-1381-0300-C800-0036 This code is coming again and again 9cb1142d-31ae-4d99-a8b4-8c0888797a08
  3. My Xbox controller Elite 2 doesn't update to the latest firmware

in XBoX on Consoles
    My Xbox controller Elite 2 doesn't update to the latest firmware: Why my Xbox controller Elite 2 doesn't update to the latest firmware? The rest of my controlller updated to the firmware 5.20.7.0 without any problem, but The Elite 2 remains with 5.17.3202.0. The...
  4. Latest Skip Ahead update disabled HDR?

in XboX Insiders
    Latest Skip Ahead update disabled HDR?: Has anyone else had HDR completely disabled on their Xbox after the latest Skip Ahead update? Ive tried switching to different resolutions, making sure Night Mode wasn't on by accident, tried...
  5. I CANNOT update OR USE the Xbox Accessories App. It just says i need the latest update,...

in XBoX on Windows
    I CANNOT update OR USE the Xbox Accessories App. It just says i need the latest update,...: Everytime i open xbox accessories app it just says i need the latest version BUT I HAVE NO AVAILABLE UPDATES. sorry for the caps im losing it. so much has gone wrong in me trying to fix this that...
  6. (0x80070643) error with latest attempt to update. Is this just some microsoft screwup?

in XBoX on Consoles
    (0x80070643) error with latest attempt to update. Is this just some microsoft screwup?: It is Windows 10. I did a check for an update yesterday and there were none so I was fully up to date. This morning I am getting an error. (0x80070643) I ran the troubleshooter for updates....
  7. Not liking the latest update to Edge on the beta ring

in XboX Insiders
    Not liking the latest update to Edge on the beta ring: Why did they remove the sidebar from edge including access to Copilot. submitted by /u/derekagraham [link] [comments]
  8. Issue resolved for latest PC app update (2/23/24)

in XboX Insiders
    Issue resolved for latest PC app update (2/23/24): You will need to use the gaming services repair tool to fix the issue. As I just updated it last night (2/22/24) and the next time I went to launch the same game I had been playing for the last 12...
  9. How to stop the EA App from auto launching with the Xbox App since the latest update?

in XBoX Games and Apps
    How to stop the EA App from auto launching with the Xbox App since the latest update?: The EA App will automatically launch when I start the Xbox App. I have both apps set NOT to auto launch on PC startup so this is particularly obnoxious for me. It definitely did not used to do...
  10. External HDD stopped being recognized after latest update

in XboX Insiders
    External HDD stopped being recognized after latest update: After newest alpha update today (26 May 2023) my external HDD is not recognized by my Xbox Series X. I have tried rebooting it and following all the steps found online and it will not load....