the l3 button on my Xbox One controller has stopped working, i was wondering if this is...

Discus and support the l3 button on my Xbox One controller has stopped working, i was wondering if this is... in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; the L3 button stopped working normally around 2 weeks ago, after over a year of daily use (6+ hour per day), i was wondering if this could be repaired,... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by energykid25, Nov 30, 2022.

1. energykid25
    energykid25 Guest

the l3 button on my Xbox One controller has stopped working, i was wondering if this is...

the L3 button stopped working normally around 2 weeks ago, after over a year of daily use (6+ hour per day), i was wondering if this could be repaired, or if i should just get a new controller?

:)

energykid25, Nov 30, 2022
  2. JosefLBohorquez Win User

the l3 button on my Xbox One controller has stopped working, i was wondering if this is reparable in anyway, or if i should just get a new controller?

Hi and thanks for reaching Microsoft Xbox gamer's community. My name is Josef.
    I'm an Independent Advisor and a Microsoft Xbox user like you.

Hope you're doing great today despite this Energykid25

This really depends on the damage, you can get the controller inspected in the closest authorized retailer or where original parts are used in order to determine if worth repairing the controller or you may get a new one
  3. Mate-93 Win User

Xbox Controls of Wolf3D and DooM 1-2 ???

Dang!

I cannot configure my controller to the mapping above... No wonder this game designed for 4 button joysticks :/

I must get accustomed to the one working stick (left) and that the fire is not the RT.

But the life doesn't stops here... :)
  4. UseYourIlusion Win User

Horrible Controller.

If the buttons are sticking all you need to do is clean it. I bathed a friends controller in WD40 because I was tired of losing at FIFA because the buttons stuck. Worked wonders, though it didn't stop me losing.
  5. WilliamK_01 Win User

Xbox One controller on PC Suddenly stops working

I'm having similar issues with my xbox one controller connected through usb on my windows 10 pc. The controller just stops working mid-game. If I alt-tab out and into the program is starts working again but quickly stop working. When testing the buttons
    using the xbox accessories app - test mode shows no buttons being pressed. Not sure what's going on. Let me know if you found a solution. Thanks.
  6. ArminatorX Win User

Controller first xboxone are doesn't work on S

[...]

Could be because I bought my first xbox in Italy and this one come from UK??
    The hardware of the Xbox One is "region free". So with the exception of the external power supply of the old Xbox One, every accessory will work with every Xbox One console.

As for the controller not connecting: Try connecting the controller with a Micro USB cable to the Xbox One S, and then check that you are able to control the console.

If it works via USB cable, open up the Xbox Accessories App, and make sure the controller has the most up-to-date firmware. Be careful not to break the connection during the firmware update, as this will leave the controller unusable, and it has to be sent
    in for replacement.

After the controller has been updated, it should be automatically be assigned to the console since it was connected to the console via USB.

After you remove the USB cable, the controller should now work with the console.

If not, you can try to re-bind it by pressing the small button on the front of the controller, and the Bind button below the Power button of the console. If you press those buttons, the Xbox logo on the controller and console should blink, and eventually
    stop blinking and be solid lit again.

Now the controller should work.
Thema:

1. the l3 button on my Xbox One controller has stopped working, i was wondering if this is... - Similar Threads - button controller has

2. How do I remap the Share Button on an Xbox Series X controller while using a PC?

in XBoX Accessibility
    How do I remap the Share Button on an Xbox Series X controller while using a PC?: Hello! As the title says. How do I remap the Share Button on an Xbox Series X controller while using a PC? There is a guide claiming that it can be done from the Xbox Accessories app. However,...
  3. Xbox Controller Share Button stopped working after Windows 11 KB5034204 Update

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox Controller Share Button stopped working after Windows 11 KB5034204 Update: Recently, while I was playing with my controller on PC connected through Bluetooth, I noticed that the share button was not working, unless I connected it directly via cable. The only way I found...
  4. My RT button bugged it like being press on even tho i don’t my finger on the controller

in XBoX on Windows
    My RT button bugged it like being press on even tho i don’t my finger on the controller: This bugged may be due to me playing on cloud gaming 0edc4b19-cfec-4a50-a583-477e43a4b897
  5. Xbox series controller pressing random buttons on its own

in XboX Insiders
    Xbox series controller pressing random buttons on its own: Just got a brand new controller and a month later every button from triggers to joysticks have randomly bugging out in every game I play. I’m playing an fps called destiny 2 and when I aim I...
  6. Only the home button works on 2 different controllers i need to use the app to start a game...

in XBoX on Consoles
    Only the home button works on 2 different controllers i need to use the app to start a game...: Only the home button works on 2 different controllers i need to use the app to start a game or navigate the xbox dashboard xbox series x f85ab271-550a-4efe-b42c-9616c1392b7f
  7. xbox controller died and now certain buttons don’t work

in XBoX on Consoles
    xbox controller died and now certain buttons don’t work: Xbox controller died mid game, usually I can plug it in with usb cable and it continues to work fine. Plugged it in this time and the A, X, B, Y buttons will not work but all other buttons and...
  8. Where to buy buttons / switches for xbox adaptive controller?

in XBoX Accessibility
    Where to buy buttons / switches for xbox adaptive controller?: Hi I have an xbox accessibility controller (the big rectangle controller) for a disabled friend and was wondering where do I buy switches / additional buttons to plug into the controller...
  9. Controller doesn’t respond to buttons

in XBoX on Consoles
    Controller doesn’t respond to buttons: I was watching a show, when the episode ended, so I turned my controller back on from sleep. But when the light stopped flashing and went solid, none of the buttons were doing anything, including...
  10. Share button no longer takes screenshot with xbox controller

in XBoX on Consoles
    Share button no longer takes screenshot with xbox controller: I reinstall a fresh windows two days ago and the share button on my xbox controller no longer take screenshots. I try reinstalling the game bar, checked the policies related to gameDVR still...