The Joysticks on the Elite Series 2 wont unscrew

Discus and support The Joysticks on the Elite Series 2 wont unscrew in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; I see that people were complaining about the joysticks coming "unscrewed internally" I wish mine could do that mine don't unscrew at all. I have used... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by GlizzzGobbler, May 31, 2023.

1. The Joysticks on the Elite Series 2 wont unscrew

I see that people were complaining about the joysticks coming "unscrewed internally" I wish mine could do that mine don't unscrew at all. I have used pliers and the joystick itself. When it finally turns the joystick just free spins and never comes off. The point of this design was to fix the crappy flaws within the series 1. I have to say for such well-built controllers these things are just sub-par and disappointing. When my controller costs half the price of a console I shouldn't have to be worried about this kind of stuff. My elite series 1 got joystick drift right after the warranty expiration, perfect timing. This time I thought what a useless thing to buy since they will last as long as the warranty and not to mention the potentiometers can now be repaired without solder (great breakthrough). This one has gone out with barely any use at all. It's sad. I take care of my belongings and I disassemble and clean at least twice annually despite the stupid void warranty stickers (which Microsoft should be ashamed of). I don't recommend these controllers to absolutely anyone except if you're never going to use it and just put it on a shelf to show you spent money on a heavy metal brick. I have read that a heat gun may be used, but now I have to risk damaging other components to fix MICROSOFTS crappy design. Both of those controllers' prices combined equate to a brand-new XBOX Series X. I also bet the cheap $1 China-made controller they give with the console will last twice as long as these. If not just buy 4 more... FYI Sony has some dope new controllers!

:)

GlizzzGobbler, May 31, 2023
  2. Rostom L Win User

Hi there!

Sorry to hear about what happened. This is clearly not the situation I want you to be in. Unfortunately, we do not support self-repairs here in the community. I am afraid it's out of our support boundaries.

If you have feedback or suggestions to Xbox, feel free to share it via http://feedback.xbox.com/
  3. Jesse E' Win User

Right stick on Elite Series 2 controller "unscrewing".

Hello, My name is Jesse. I'm an Independent Advisor and a member of the Microsoft community and I'd love to assist you today.

No it isn't normal. Please see a well detailed guide on how to troubleshoot the Xbox Wireless Controller here https://support.xbox.com/en-US/help/hardware-ne...

If that doesn't help with the issue, you will need to send the device to Microsoft for a service repair/replacement. You can see how to do that here https://support.xbox.com/en-US/help/hardware-ne...

If the controller is still under warranty, the repair/replacement is free. If the warranty has expired, it will cost you a fee depending on the type of controller you own. You can check out Microsoft's out of warranty service cost here https://support.xbox.com/en-US/help/hardware-ne...

Hope this helps!
  4. SpencerSDH Win User

Right stick on Elite Series 2 controller "unscrewing".

So, I received the replacement, but it also has an issue with the right stick. It locks up when moving it towards the bottom left. I'm a little upset that it only took me a few seconds of handling to figure this out. I would hope this would be grounds for replacement as well?
  5. letumexordo Win User

Lousy Buttons

I have had the elite 1 and now the elite 2 , so far no problems. 👍
    What is Elite 1 and Elite 2? Are you talking about XBox One joystick?
  6. Crespy Boyd Win User

Xbox One Controller

There are models of controls such as the elite 1 and 2, which allow you to change the sensitivity of the joysticks
Thema:

1. The Joysticks on the Elite Series 2 wont unscrew - Similar Threads - Joysticks Elite Series

2. Can I use XAC with external joystick and separate steering wheel at the same time?

in XBoX Accessibility
    Can I use XAC with external joystick and separate steering wheel at the same time?: Is it possible to use a Logitech g920steering wheel and a separate joystick (Logitech 3d extreme pro ) that is Xbox compatible with the Xbox adaptive controller together. Eg allowing me to use the...
  3. Right joystick not working in remote play.

in XboX Insiders
    Right joystick not working in remote play.: So I recently tried out remote play on my phone, and everything seems to work PERFECTLY while playing games and such, but when I try to use my right stick to look around nothing happens. It works...
  4. Hi, i recently got a xbox elite 2 series core controller and now the left joystick is...

in XBoX on Windows
    Hi, i recently got a xbox elite 2 series core controller and now the left joystick is...: I think a part in the left joystick might be damaged 53186acc-eb61-41c4-9da1-5f6732e77bf3
  5. Why is my controller acting like the left joystick is being pushed to the left?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Why is my controller acting like the left joystick is being pushed to the left?: I don’t know why but my series S controller started freaking out and pulling to the left without me moving it. It never did this before, but now it’s impossible for me to move it to the right one...
  6. Xbox elite 2 controller left joystick has a bump after I sent it to Microsoft to fix the...

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox elite 2 controller left joystick has a bump after I sent it to Microsoft to fix the...: I sent Microsoft my Xbox Elite 2 controller for a work order to fix a problem where the left bumper click is not registering. When I received the controller, the left bumper is fixed but the left...
  7. Elite Series 2 Core Trigger doesnt work when moving the right joystick

in XBoX on Consoles
    Elite Series 2 Core Trigger doesnt work when moving the right joystick: I just got an elite series 2 core, however if my left trigger is locked to the shortest value, and I move the right stick, the trigger will stop working. 671e9ca8-65b3-4d56-9c6e-9c621f9e646a
  8. Elite controller joystick drifting

in XBoX on Consoles
    Elite controller joystick drifting: Hello My handle has drifting problem and I cleaned it with 70% alcohol, but it didn't have any effect Should the joystick be changed? And do you have a representative inside Iran?...
  9. Impossible to upgrade joystick elite series 2

in XboX Insiders
    Impossible to upgrade joystick elite series 2: Hi all, I hope I found the right place for the post. I just bought an elite 2 and I can't update it. The xbox accessories app on pc has been stopped at 0% for two hours!!! AN EMBARRASSING...
  10. Xbox elite series 2 joystick works but doesn't.

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox elite series 2 joystick works but doesn't.: I have an Xbox elite series 2 controller that has been working perfectly fine but then all of a sudden the left stick didn't want to respond every time I pushed it especially if it was fast. After...