The "join party" option is greyed out on my xbox, and I can't join discord calls either on...

Discus and support The "join party" option is greyed out on my xbox, and I can't join discord calls either on... in XBoX Rewards & Social to solve the problem; The "join party" button is greyed out, i can't accept or send invites, and i can't join discord calls either. Please help.... Discussion in 'XBoX Rewards & Social' started by Bonbo52, Oct 27, 2022.

1. Bonbo52
    Bonbo52 Guest

The "join party" option is greyed out on my xbox, and I can't join discord calls either on...

The "join party" button is greyed out, i can't accept or send invites, and i can't join discord calls either. Please help.

:)

Bonbo52, Oct 27, 2022
  2. Francia J. Win User

The "join party" option is greyed out on my xbox, and I can't join discord calls either on it. Please help.

Hi, I hope you're doing great out there. I am an Independent advisor and I am here to help you in regard to your concern.

To fix this, please perform an extended power cycle and reset your network hardware on your console by following the steps below:

1. Unplug the power cable from the back of the router, modem, or gateway for 5 minutes. If you have a router and a modem, unplug the power cable from both devices.

2. Press and hold the Xbox button on your console for 10 seconds or until it turns off then wait for 2 minutes before turning it on again.

3. After 5 minutes, plug the modem or gateway in first, and wait for all the lights to return to their normal state.

4. If you are using a router, plug in the router and wait for all the lights to return to their normal state.

If that didn't work resetting the console keeping games and apps will be the next option. Don't worry because as long as you're connected to Xbox Live your saved progress, games, will not be deleted. It will remove all of your accounts but you can add all of them later on.

Press the Xbox button to open the guide.

Select Profile & system > Settings > System > Console info.

Select Reset console.

Reset and keep my games & apps.
  3. Darkfung Win User

Why is the Titanfall party system so terrible?

Same here - 3 of us and we can't even join a party together because the party and join game is greyed out. Getting fed up of it all now.
  4. Lucas Lauer Win User

"Join Party" Option Is Always Greyed Out

Hello, RyanReed4. Thanks for reaching out! I'm an Independent Advisor and a Microsoft Community expert user. I'll be happy to assist you today.

You can try these troubleshooting steps:

https://windowsreport.com/xbox-party-not-working/

Troubleshooting starts after "How can I fix Xbox Party issues on the Xbox app for PC?"

The steps on the guide are:

1. Check the status of Xbox Live

2. Check the connection

3. Install Teredo Adapter

4. Check the permissions

5. Restart the app and the associated service

6. Reset the Xbox app

7. Change the default playback device

8. Briefly disable Windows Firewall and third-party antivirus

This is a public user-to-user support forum. We are expert users helping other users. We do not work for Microsoft and do not have access to any user accounts.

If this still can't solve your problem, just let me know and I'll do my best to try to help you.
  5. Hellish Wicked Win User

Error Code 0x8923101C - Can't join a party because in one already somewhere else

Same Here, When I go onto a second account or my Little brothers, and go to my main account, when i go to the party to join, the join party is greyed out.
  6. Juhn Jac Win User

Literally just all of a sudden my party chat no longer works and my discord bar is completely gone

So I was just in a discord earlier like minutes before this happened and then all of a sudden my discord bar to join a discord server is gone and so I can no longer start a party is no longer just create a party party now it says join a party but even that's greyed out and I can't use it I don't know what the heck happened I don't have any enforcement action I looked
    Hi Devilman1984

Greetings!

Thank you for posting in Microsoft Community. We are happy to help.

• Can you please provide us a screenshot of the issue?
    • What are the troubleshooting steps you've performed so far?
    • Have you tried restarting discord?
    We look forward to your reply.

Sincerely

Microsoft Forum Moderator
Thema:

1. The "join party" option is greyed out on my xbox, and I can't join discord calls either on... - Similar Threads - join party option

2. "Something went wrong with your party please try again later" when joining xbox party chat...

in XBoX on Windows
    "Something went wrong with your party please try again later" when joining xbox party chat...: Okay so Recently I updated Game bar one day and then whenever i joined a party on pc it would say everyone in the party was disconnected and then after a few minutes it would say "Something went...
  3. i cant join a party on xbox app on windows?

in XBoX Rewards & Social
    i cant join a party on xbox app on windows?: i cant join partys on xbox app windows ***Moved from Windows / Windows 10 / Gaming*** 7118ee9c-fc1f-4fb1-91e8-589b3356d64f
  4. When I start an Xbox party or join one, the screen says "connecting" but I can't speak to...

in XBoX Rewards & Social
    When I start an Xbox party or join one, the screen says "connecting" but I can't speak to...: When I start an Xbox party or join one, the screen says "connecting" but I can't speak to my friends. Then it removes me and says party chat disconnected. What can I do?...
  5. Xbox won’t let me join or start a party.

in XBoX Rewards & Social
    Xbox won’t let me join or start a party.: I try starting a party and it’s grayed out. I try joining a party and it doesn't even attempt to join. Please fix 9d4e6763-b7b4-44ef-ad87-3eb76a1cc5ba
  6. I cannot join parties after comm ban expires

in XBoX Rewards & Social
    I cannot join parties after comm ban expires: I can’t join parties after my comm ban, I have an error whenever I try to join yet I can create my own, invite and earlier when I did to my friends I could then join parties but it would be...
  7. When i join a Xbox party(on pc) the audio begins skipping, other process slow to a...

in XBoX Rewards & Social
    When i join a Xbox party(on pc) the audio begins skipping, other process slow to a...: this just started happening after i updated to windows 11, was working fine yesterday on windows 10. 6ba469ab-12dd-42cf-8932-124bd21ecd38
  8. Xbox wireless headset (Turtlebeach) only works when joining a party

in XboX Insiders
    Xbox wireless headset (Turtlebeach) only works when joining a party: Okay, just as the title suggests, my headset's microphone for my xbox (using a series X) only works when I join a party. When I create a party and I invite others, the only way for my microphone...
  9. Why do I have to power cycle my xbox series S every time I join a party just so I can hear...

in XBoX on Consoles
    Why do I have to power cycle my xbox series S every time I join a party just so I can hear...: I feel like I have tried Every trouble shoot that I can find on Microsoft support about audio, privacy, Nat type, headphones and I'm still having to power cycle my console to be able to hear my...
  10. Why won’t my Xbox app let me join or create a party anymore?

in XBoX Rewards & Social
    Why won’t my Xbox app let me join or create a party anymore?: So I’ve only recently been having issues with the Xbox app where I cannot join or create a party every time I try it just removes me almost instantly even if it’s my own. Never had this problem...