The gamertag for Xbox One account is the same as the email name and cannot be changed without ...

Discus and support The gamertag for Xbox One account is the same as the email name and cannot be changed without ... in XBoX Games and Apps to solve the problem; Greetings, I created an email account that my son uses to play, who manages the account and the payment of the subscriptions Xbox live is me, because... Discussion in 'XBoX Games and Apps' started by Ana Paula Tiago Gonçalves Pita Santos de Almeida, Oct 14, 2018.

1. The gamertag for Xbox One account is the same as the email name and cannot be changed without ...

Greetings,

I created an email account that my son uses to play, who manages the account and the payment of the subscriptions Xbox live is me, because my son is a minor. However, my son cannot change the gamertag, being the same as the name of the hotmail account, which
    corresponds to a name, being inappropriate as a gamertag. What happens is that for some reason it is not possible to change the gamertag, says that it is necessary to pay an absurd amount, higher than the monthly subscription of Xbox live (about € 10). Since
    no one has purposely defined this gamertag and my child is a minor and as already progress made in games, is there no other solution to change the gamertag? It makes no sense for the gamertag to have to be, for example, Família Almeida (Almeida family), the
    same name present in the email account, it is completely unreasonable to request such a high amount to change a gamertag. Specially if my son accidentaly set that gamertag without knowing that an amount had to be paid to change it. I'm able to change my name
    in the email accounts, why the xbox gamertag is different. Microsoft should warn the users that the default email account name is the gamertag and that changing the name (gamertag) will have an additional (high) cost.

Thank you for your attention,

Best regards,

Ana Almeida

:)

Ana Paula Tiago Gonçalves Pita Santos de Almeida, Oct 14, 2018
  2. maxen
    maxen Guest
    Confused Mother....Xbox Live

Each offline profile your kids have need to be made their own Xbox Live account, multiple profiles cannot be combined. Each Xbox Live account needs its own email address (which now becomes the profile's Microsoft Account).

This guide explains the process better than I can:

support.xbox.com/.../offline-profile-to-gamertag

As for the one you've already done: the profile is already an Xbox Live account, so this cannot be undone and dates of birth cannot be changed on any account, though you can change the name and such by going to
    https://account.live.com

Let us know if you have any additional questions about this.

maxen, Oct 14, 2018
  3. xboxfelix
    xboxfelix Guest
    How to Change your Xbox LIVE account information

Overview

It is possible to change information associated with your Xbox LIVE account like your name, address, phone number or email address.

Note: You cannot change the country that is associated with your Xbox LIVE account. If you have moved to another country and you would like to access Xbox LIVE from there, you have to create a new Xbox LIVE account in your new location.

How to Change your name, address, phone number or email on Xbox.com

1) Go to My Account and Sign In with your Microsoft Account. (This is the email and password that is associated with your Xbox LIVE account).

2) Make the changes you want to your billings account information and then click Save.

How to Change your name, address, phone number or email on your console.

1) Sign in using your Xbox LIVE gamertag.

2) Proceed to Settings, and then select Account.

3) Select Your Information, and then go to Billing Information.

4) Sign In with your Microsoft account password.

5) Change your billing account information and then click Done.

In case you want to change the billing name on your Xbox LIVE account, go to Xbox.com

xboxfelix, Oct 14, 2018
  4. Smwutches
    Smwutches Guest

The gamertag for Xbox One account is the same as the email name and cannot be changed without ...

Unfortunately, no. There is no way around the fee.

Smwutches, Oct 14, 2018
  5. XBF Leslie D
    XBF Leslie D Guest
    Hi Ana,

If your gamertag was created for you when you initially signed up for Xbox
    (meaning you did not choose it yourself)
    , you can change it
    one time for free.

If you created your own gamertag at signup and want to change it, you will be charged (fee varies by region and currency).

XBF Leslie D, Oct 14, 2018
  6. Greetings and thank you for your help,

I have not created any gamertag it defaulted when my son connected the Xbox one using this account, but it's saying that I need to pay to change it, and it's completely absurd.

If the gamertag has to be the same as the email name by default and cannot be change for free, it really makes sense! As much sense as changing a name, having an higher cost compared to the Xbox live monthly subscription. Could you explain me why changing a
    gamertag is so expensive? It consumes a lot of resources or time? As a consumer I really wanted to know the reason. I really think that Microsoft has very good quality services and products, and I was allways satisfied with them, but this does not seem reasonable
    to me as a consumer, particularly beacuse I was not warned about the existance of such costs. Maybe my son has done something that I'm not aware of and if that's the case, my appologies, but my son says it is default and he never changed anything.

At least, is it possible to disconnect the current Epic games account and connect it to another Microsoft account, while using the current account to access Xbox live?

Greetings,

Ana Almeida

7. XBF Leslie D
    XBF Leslie D Guest
    Hi Ana,

When you get a gamertag from us at the beginning it's a very random name. It wouldn't use your email information to create a
    gamertag. If anything the gamertags created from us tend to be like
    (ex: LovelySpoon3242 or FlowerCup0009)

Like I mentioned very random gamertags, if the gamertag that is associated to the account is like the email it could be that at the beginning when the account was first created the
    gamertag was personalized hence why it's asking to pay for changing the
    gamertag.

I believe Epic does allow a way to unlike the epic account from the gamertag for that it would require to get in touch with

Epic Games

The Xbox live on the current gamertag can be shared to any other account you make, as long as that gamertag is the home Xbox. Click here to learn

'How to designate an Xbox One console as your home Xbox'

XBF Leslie D, Oct 14, 2018
  8. The gamertag for Xbox One account is the same as the email name and cannot be changed without ...

Hi XBF Leslie D and thank you for your help,

It is possible that when the Xbox was configured for the first time, the gamertag was confused with some kind of username (we are not native english speakers), so maybe my son or I, must have introduced the same name as the email account.The account management
    seems to have a flaw in this aspect, because we cannot make one mistake, or confusing the account name with the gamertag and it remains permanently set (and as I remember there are no user friendly warning, like, "You might be charged if you introduce your
    player name incorrectly and want to change your name"), and can't be reconfigured without paying a really large sum (€10). And there is also another issue, why a randomly created gamertag is not the same as an accidentaly introduced one, the rules of one change
    must be equal to all situations, a child may get excited to play (we gave the Xbox to our son as a Christmas gift), and at the startup introduce almost randomly the parameters needed for the initial configuration, from that point, the Microsoft account cannot
    be used for the Xbox if the gamertag needs to be change (free of charge), meaning that we are forced to create a new Microsoft account each time you need or want to change the gamertag.

Well, once it is not possible to change the gamertag free of charge. There is only one solution that I think that works for Epic games, my son almost only plays Fortnite, so, the Epic games account gamertag should be the same in the PC and Xbox but it isn't
    and we don't understand why. Maybe, like you said, it may be possible to unlink the account from the current Xbox account, setting the current account as home Xbox and create a specific account for my son to play Fortnite and the other games, with a different
    gamer tag. The account my son uses was intended to be used as a family account, my son though got so attached to the Xbox that started playing on the default account, and he has made lots of progress, so it is a bit of a problem for him to have to play in
    a new account, but since Fortnite is the game that he currently plays most of the time I think this less ideal solution might work for him.

Do you know how I could turn this current account a family account? My sons and daughters share the same Xbox and a family account for Xbox Live is required.

I'll check if the unlink of the Epic games account and Microsoft account change works, and if it does I will mark the thread as answered.

Do you know why a Xbox Live Gold subscription is required to play Fortnite, if the game is free in other platforms, like for example, in the PC?

Is it related to the Xbox Live server maintenance costs?

I'm sorry for my bad english and if I said something that might sound less appropriate.

Best regards,

Ana Almeida

9. FreakRoach
    FreakRoach Guest
    Default gamertag is actually not your email account, but some randomly generated name. If it's same as your email then it does like that someone changed the gamertag at some point of time and hence you used up the choice of making one free gamertag change.

If you're 100% sure that you or someone else never changed the GT then contact support at

https://support.xbox.com/contact-us#0

When asked if you want help from the virtual agent then select no and
    pick a category and select a contact method (request a call from support or Chat).

FreakRoach, Nov 2, 2018
  10. FreakRoach Win User

The gamertag for Xbox One account is the same as the email name and cannot be changed without additional costs

Microsoft should warn the users that the default email account name is the gamertag and that changing the name (gamertag) will have an additional (high) cost.
    Default gamertag is actually not your email account, but some randomly generated name. If it's same as your email then it does like that someone changed the gamertag at some point of time and hence you used up the choice of making one free gamertag change.

If you're 100% sure that you or someone else never changed the GT then contact support at

https://support.xbox.com/contact-us#0

When asked if you want help from the virtual agent then select no and
    pick a category and select a contact method (request a call from support or Chat).
  11. XBF Leslie D Win User

The gamertag for Xbox One account is the same as the email name and cannot be changed without additional costs

Hi Ana,

If your gamertag was created for you when you initially signed up for Xbox
    (meaning you did not choose it yourself)
    , you can change it
    one time for free.

If you created your own gamertag at signup and want to change it, you will be charged (fee varies by region and currency).
  12. XBF Leslie D Win User

Hi Ana,

When you get a gamertag from us at the beginning it's a very random name. It wouldn't use your email information to create a
    gamertag. If anything the gamertags created from us tend to be like
    (ex: LovelySpoon3242 or FlowerCup0009)

Like I mentioned very random gamertags, if the gamertag that is associated to the account is like the email it could be that at the beginning when the account was first created the
    gamertag was personalized hence why it's asking to pay for changing the
    gamertag.

I believe Epic does allow a way to unlike the epic account from the gamertag for that it would require to get in touch with

Epic Games

The Xbox live on the current gamertag can be shared to any other account you make, as long as that gamertag is the home Xbox. Click here to learn

'How to designate an Xbox One console as your home Xbox'
  13. Ana Paula Tiago Gonà Win User

Greetings and thank you for your help,

I have not created any gamertag it defaulted when my son connected the Xbox one using this account, but it's saying that I need to pay to change it, and it's completely absurd.

If the gamertag has to be the same as the email name by default and cannot be change for free, it really makes sense! As much sense as changing a name, having an higher cost compared to the Xbox live monthly subscription. Could you explain me why changing a
    gamertag is so expensive? It consumes a lot of resources or time? As a consumer I really wanted to know the reason. I really think that Microsoft has very good quality services and products, and I was allways satisfied with them, but this does not seem reasonable
    to me as a consumer, particularly beacuse I was not warned about the existance of such costs. Maybe my son has done something that I'm not aware of and if that's the case, my appologies, but my son says it is default and he never changed anything.

At least, is it possible to disconnect the current Epic games account and connect it to another Microsoft account, while using the current account to access Xbox live?

Greetings,

Ana Almeida
  14. Smwutches Win User

Unfortunately, no. There is no way around the fee.
Thema:

1. The gamertag for Xbox One account is the same as the email name and cannot be changed without ... - Similar Threads - gamertag account same

2. I have an old, old Live account. Like 2002 old. I had to change the gamertag (same account)...

in XBoX Accessibility
    I have an old, old Live account. Like 2002 old. I had to change the gamertag (same account)...: I have an old, old Live account. Like 2002 old. I had to change the gamertag (same account) for reasons I cannot remember, but I would like to change back to the original name. But, when I try,...
  3. Says gamertag isnt original but cant find the account using the tag.

in XBoX Accessibility
    Says gamertag isnt original but cant find the account using the tag.: Im trying to use a gamertag and the suffix implies the tag isnt original but after much searching Im unable to find the account the currently owns the gamertag 593e7511-59d2-4685-8cdb-8af7a47e54f8
  4. Trying to change the microsoft account associated with my Gamertag

in XBoX Accessibility
    Trying to change the microsoft account associated with my Gamertag: Hello I want my old gamertag that is on my old xbox 360 transfered to my new email account. I logged into my old xbox and when I try to use the option "Change Microsoft Account" it tells me...
  5. 2 gamertags on the same account - can only access one

in XBoX Games and Apps
    2 gamertags on the same account - can only access one: I’m playing Minecraft on an iPad. I logged out from my account but when logging back in I’m now signed in with my son’s gamertag. I don’t recall how the accounts were set up in the first place,...
  6. I changed my gamertag on a different account about 2 weeks ago as i wanted to put it on my...

in XBoX Accessibility
    I changed my gamertag on a different account about 2 weeks ago as i wanted to put it on my...: Some people said it can take up to 45 days for a gamertag to be able to be taken again once changed, I just hope my gamertag isn't gone forever someone please help me. Thankyou....
  7. account GamerTag changes

in XBoX Accessibility
    account GamerTag changes: on xbox there is a charge for 10$ to change your username, i believe that there should instead of a charge, there be a wait period to change the name on an account. i.e. if you made a change to...
  8. If someone with the same gamertag as me deletes their Microsoft account, will I still have...

in XBoX Accessibility
    If someone with the same gamertag as me deletes their Microsoft account, will I still have...: I made 2 Xbox accounts with the same gamertag, but I am deleting one of them. Will the account deletion remove the 4 numbers on my gamertag? dc9f1289-587f-441c-ac66-b128085b0792
  9. Old and New gamertag showing on same account

in XBoX on Consoles
    Old and New gamertag showing on same account: [img] New one is "" old one is "immune2sound" Recently, I created a new gamertag on the xbox 360. Now when I access my account on the xbox app and the xbox one it shows both my old gamertag and...
  10. Move GamerTag to new account / profile on same xbox

in XBoX on Consoles
    Move GamerTag to new account / profile on same xbox: I was chatting with xbox support but suddenly wasn't getting any additional responses. They were working my request to move the gamertag under my account / profile to a new account / profile...