The flawed enforcement concept

Discus and support The flawed enforcement concept in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; I've had one account since I got my Xbox 360 in 2007. I've put hundreds of thousands of hours and dollars into gaming on this one account. I understand... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by RedSoxGuy1825, Aug 30, 2020.

1. The flawed enforcement concept

I've had one account since I got my Xbox 360 in 2007. I've put hundreds of thousands of hours and dollars into gaming on this one account. I understand the necessity to have policies set in place to prevent or end bad behavior online, but the system is
    very flawed. A few months ago, I was playing a game with my wife, it's our way of decompressing and enjoying a hobby together, when a guy and his friends began harassing us in game because our gameplay wasn't good enough for his standards. He then proceeded
    to message her and myself and continue the harassment. Now I know that there is a report button for this kind of instance, but I wanted to handle this on my own, which admittedly, was my first mistake. It's hard to remember the conduct expectations when messages
    are private between the two profiles. I lost my composure and wrote some inappropriate things. After months had gone by, I didn't pay any mind to it, but then a few days ago, I received a permanent ban on my 13+ year account where I can no longer access my
    70+ games and content, and I was completely unaware as to why. After submitting a case review, I saw the reason and it was because the guy that began harassing me abused the report button and I'm paying the permanent consequence. Like I stated before, I know
    that I messed up by even entertaining him and his harassment. The smart thing to do would have been to quit my matchmaking session and then queue again, but I elected to use my own voice. I think it's completely unfair that I received this harsh of a punishment,
    given that my overall reputation on my account was in good standing and green. I could understand a suspension of a few weeks or months, but to permanently ban me without saying anything racist, sexist or life threatening is absurd. I don't know where to go
    from here. I lost everything I've worked for. How can I have a fair review where I can have a fair chance at not losing a big part of my life? I'm asking for real help. I'm begging for a chance to not lose this account.

:)

RedSoxGuy1825, Aug 30, 2020
    1 person likes this.
  2. Smwutches Win User

It's not unusual. It takes time for them to investigate in some cases.
  3. Smwutches Win User

The case review on the enforcement site is the only way to have the ban reviewed. If they upheld their decision, there is nothing else that can be done. With a case review it means they have already reviewed your account twice and determined you did do something
    that violated the code of conduct.

As far as being a permanent ban versus a shorter suspension, suspension length can vary based on severity of the situation as well as any previous enforcement actions. So if you've had multiple enforcement actions in the past, that would factor into why
    you received a permanent ban.
  4. Cerebral Paul Win User

Seems extremely odd that they would take 4 months to act on it.
  5. RedSoxGuy1825 Win User

Yes. I am unable to view my account and messages, but my wife was able to locate the messages he sent her on her account and this took place in April. I received the ban on August 21st. I had been using this account the entire time since on the daily.
  6. Cerebral Paul Win User

So, you sent responses MONTHS ago and just got the ban recently? Had you been using the account up to this point over the last few months?
Thema:

1. The flawed enforcement concept - Similar Threads - flawed enforcement concept

2. Windows media player issues or flaws and accessories app issues Xbox system feature missing.

in XboX Insiders
    Windows media player issues or flaws and accessories app issues Xbox system feature missing.: It has no media server access, and it has an unfriendly UI when navigating through a large library of music. Also it's impossible to transfer from PC to internal storage. It reads metadata...
  3. SSD Failure design flaw

in XBoX on Consoles
    SSD Failure design flaw: It has been pointed out that the ssd drives in the series x and s are going to fail no matter what anyone does and have to be repaired at the consumers cost if pit of warrenty. This is something...
  4. The platinum rule is flawed.

in XBoX Accessibility
    The platinum rule is flawed.: How does this work if one person wants to talk but another doesn't and the one who doesn't expects the platinum rule to be applied to them and not the other way around? What if it's determined by...
  5. Is Xbox series X/S internal SSD flaw will be solved in the future ?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Is Xbox series X/S internal SSD flaw will be solved in the future ?: Hello Microsoft technicians ! This is my first question at Microsoft forums and to begin, I recently purchased Xbox Series X and I love spending my time playing on it to be frank ! that's why I...
  6. New Dashboard is flawed with no way to customise the groups you have saved.

in XboX Insiders
    New Dashboard is flawed with no way to customise the groups you have saved.: I am on the new dashboard on XBSX and finding the new dashboard a nuisance. The Groups I have which were in a certain order can no longer be customised. You have to goto to groups option which is...
  7. Flaws in Xbox Accessories App

in XBoX on Consoles
    Flaws in Xbox Accessories App: A lot of people are complaining that you can't swap a trigger and a non-trigger. And a lot of people different people of different reasons for that. My reason is because I have a fight stick and...
  8. Parental controls flaw?

in XBoX Accessibility
    Parental controls flaw?: I have set up a child account and blocked the browser to "allow only" websites. However, my child was able to simply go to the store and download the "winsoft" browser and browse unfiltered...
  9. Xbox game pass ultimate mobile cloud gaming is amazing except for 1 minor flaw and thats...

in XboX Insiders
    Xbox game pass ultimate mobile cloud gaming is amazing except for 1 minor flaw and thats...: Xbox realize heavy on the Xbox standered issue controller in order to govern its headset capabilities but in the world of mobile gaming there are many different controller attachments for your...
  10. Home xbox security flaw

in XBoX Accessibility
    Home xbox security flaw: So today I've spent hours talking with Microsoft customer support. I have found out a potential flaw with the family security on xbox. My son (14 years old) has an xbox x where he gets his xbox...