The extra confusion everyone needed: New Xbox app and the old Console Companion app now...

Discus and support The extra confusion everyone needed: New Xbox app and the old Console Companion app now... in XboX Insiders to solve the problem; [IMG] submitted by /u/DarthJahus [link] [comments] Discussion in 'XboX Insiders' started by /u/DarthJahus, Feb 14, 2021.

1. The extra confusion everyone needed: New Xbox app and the old Console Companion app now...

/u/DarthJahus, Feb 14, 2021
  2. MRallamagoosa Win User

Xbox on Windows 10 Pro

The xbox app you can now download, is the one linked with the new gamepass for PC still in beta version. The old xbox app has now a different name and should be already installed in a W10 system.

Look for an app named "companion console xbox" which is the new bname of the old app you're looking for.
  3. BrianWolter Win User

Xbox One X will no longer stream games to W10 PC

I don't have any options to stream in the new Xbox app. Had to reinstall the old Xbox Console Companion app to get it to work.
  4. TheMightySpud95 Win User

XBox PC app (beta) resulting in blank screen.

I may have gotten lucky, or i may have found a fix?

All i did was log into the old Xbox PC app (now called "Xbox Console Companion"),

and then reset the Xbox (beta) app, logged in fine

Hope this works for everyone else who is having the issue <3
  5. DrifterX22 Win User

Xbox (Beta) Windows 10 App

The APP was updated and is simply called the Console Companion. The Beta APP and the console companion are pretty much identical at the moment so I think you only need the console companion which is the newest version. I have the beta app which updated
    and is now simply called Xbox (beta) as I said there is no discernable difference.

Get the Console Companion
  6. BallisticCrisis Win User

"Please Wait" window flashes whenever anything happens

This was happening to me until I signed in to the Xbox Console Companion app first. Perhaps the new app piggy backs off the old? Might be worth a shot. Best.
Thema:

The extra confusion everyone needed: New Xbox app and the old Console Companion app now...

1. The extra confusion everyone needed: New Xbox app and the old Console Companion app now... - Similar Threads - extra confusion everyone

2. I see an extra disk on lenovo vantage named MSFT XVDD. How do i remove this?

in XBoX on Windows
    I see an extra disk on lenovo vantage named MSFT XVDD. How do i remove this?: I have deleted the game but it is still there. 65c11845-0c5c-452c-b6fc-5741d55a7d51
  3. Xbox Preview Delta Tier - Xbox guide on friends tab is extra wide.

in XboX Insiders
    Xbox Preview Delta Tier - Xbox guide on friends tab is extra wide.: New update makes the Xbox guide extra wide for seemingly no reason, I can’t imagine this being something on purpose… A few days ago they added a “Happening now” tab side bar to the guide when on...
  4. my right back pedal (used for an extra b button) suddenly switched to rb.

in XBoX on Windows
    my right back pedal (used for an extra b button) suddenly switched to rb.: hello! ive been having trouble with the right back pedal on my controller. before i explain some more, this isnt a old controller, its actually quite new. i bought it less then a month ago....
  5. Why can’t my wife and I play multi player on snowrunner without paying extra?

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Why can’t my wife and I play multi player on snowrunner without paying extra?: Wife and I bought Snowrunner because it’s multiplayer and seemed fun. Hit co-op and you need Live?! We’re using the same Xbox. Why can’t we play the game we bought together without paying extra?...
  6. I'm trying to sign into an account on my Xbox. Just an extra account I made.

in XBoX Accessibility
    I'm trying to sign into an account on my Xbox. Just an extra account I made.: Everytime i try to sign into the account the xbox says I'm trying to access sensitive information so i need to confirm my account and enter the password. I do then it says it must send me a code...
  7. City Skylines 2 Ultimate Edition, pre ordered, why are all my add ons and extras not...

in XBoX Games and Apps
    City Skylines 2 Ultimate Edition, pre ordered, why are all my add ons and extras not...: I loaded the game and my two bonus maps not showing up I dont see any bonus landmarks. San francisco assets nowhere to be seen. I re-installed the game so 4 hours of waiting and result is still...
  8. Removing extra numbers on gamertag

in XBoX on Consoles
    Removing extra numbers on gamertag: So I like my gamertag the way that it's supposed to be but I did a light change to it and now there's extra Numbers at the end and it just totally defaces my numbers that I added and blends in it...
  9. How to get extra home xbox switch?

in XBoX Accessibility
    How to get extra home xbox switch?: Hello, I started gamesharing with a friend a couple weeks back but he then stopped his gameshare by changing his password but he still had access to my account. Today I started gamesharing with...
  10. How can I get an extra game share survey I am out of games is there a way I can get an...

in XBoX Accessibility
    How can I get an extra game share survey I am out of games is there a way I can get an...: How can I get an extra game share survey I am out of games is there a way I can get an extra one. a9ae0827-9721-439f-8a99-721548b1fb1f