The dashboard needs a cloud save game manager to prevent accidental overwriting of previous...

Discus and support The dashboard needs a cloud save game manager to prevent accidental overwriting of previous... in XboX Insiders to solve the problem; Hello, I come here hoping that it is a future feature and a possible very serious bug, I will tell you the details in depth below. I am playing... Discussion in 'XboX Insiders' started by /u/pretoriano1995, Jan 5, 2023.

1. The dashboard needs a cloud save game manager to prevent accidental overwriting of previous...

Hello, I come here hoping that it is a future feature and a possible very serious bug, I will tell you the details in depth below.

I am playing Watch Dogs 1 for the 2nd time and to protect my original game that was at 100%, since the game does not have any kind of new game plus or similar, you have to start it from 0, what I did was disconnect the console from internet and play from 0. Yesterday, I connected the console again and without entering the game my game was overwritten in the cloud without my consent and without warning from the dashboard, the latter seems very serious to me since players invest many hours in their games and they run the risk of losing their progress without notifying them first.

I propose 3 ways to fix it:

An app manager of saved games in the cloud, to manage our games.

An option that allows you to individually or generally deactivate/activate the automatic upload of games saved in the cloud in games.

Some kind of warning on the dashboard when synchronizing and warning that a game saved in the cloud is going to be overwritten.

submitted by /u/pretoriano1995
    [link] [comments]

/u/pretoriano1995, Jan 5, 2023
  2. isturbo1984 Win User

Cloud Re-Recovery Question

and say you get back from a friends (still havent had the chance to test it) after playing a saved game from the cloud... would you need to re-copy the most recent cloud data onto your hdd once again? and would it automatically overwrite the previous data,
    or is it needed to be deleted manually?--or is there no overwriting involved? will the data conflict?--what??
  3. Daft Badger Win User

Restore cloud save from day before

Unless there's an option in game to load an earlier save then i'm afraid it's lost .

When you're connected to live then it will always upload your latest save overwriting the previous one on the cloud.
  4. WattyNuela Win User

Cloud save back up/old save for a game?

Hello Ash, this is Manuela. I'm an Independent Advisor and community user like you, ready to assist with this.

Not a Microsoft employee.

I would like to let you know that saved progress for games played via cloud gaming is not accessible from your PC.

At the moment, you manage your cloud saves by using an Xbox console.
    However, it is important to clarify that it is not possible to overwrite your current cloud save with a previous one. The system automatically replaces the old one with the new one.
  5. Lord Dirt Win User

Gears of War 3 rank reset

nope, just play a game and let it save. Now go back and load up the game and select HD and play as usual. Whenever you want to create a newer save just select Cloud again and play another game to overwrite the previous save.
  6. XBF Brad A Win User

Lost 150+ hour Save Data for Monster Hunter World

Hi Broken,

We are really sorry about the save, but as Stuart stated seems you selected to start fresh. As the cloud save only has one save it overwrites. Also as stated if having issues just quit the game and go to the dashboard then re-launch.

As the question has been answered, I will go ahead and lock this thread as to prevent repetitive answers. Feel free to come back anytime if you have a question or issue.

Thanks,

Brad
Thema:

The dashboard needs a cloud save game manager to prevent accidental overwriting of previous...

1. The dashboard needs a cloud save game manager to prevent accidental overwriting of previous... - Similar Threads - dashboard needs cloud

2. I need help figuring out how to get rid of the dashboard setup I don't know what's up with...

in XBoX on Consoles
    I need help figuring out how to get rid of the dashboard setup I don't know what's up with...: I don't understand why my system isn't letting me customize my dashboard anymore I had it exactly the way I liked it and now it's not customizable at all I can't get to my games easily I am now...
  3. new dashboard sucks ass fr ong fr fr fr fr fr y tf do i need 32 characters

in XboX Insiders
    new dashboard sucks ass fr ong fr fr fr fr fr y tf do i need 32 characters: aigh so with the last dashboard i had an amazing elden ring screenshot and now in looks like shit since the games are smaller and lower on the screen my fucking character is in the middle of it...
  4. Need Help with xbox new 2023 dashboard

in XboX Insiders
    Need Help with xbox new 2023 dashboard: I have joined xbox insider on my xbox series x and joined the update preview thing but the dashboard wont pop up for me, but when I tried on my old xbox (og xbox one) it works just fine for it,...
  5. Need to extract image saved on Xbox 360 Dashboard.

in XBoX on Consoles
    Need to extract image saved on Xbox 360 Dashboard.: Hello all! Very specific need here. I have a picture of my dog as a puppy saved as my Xbox 360 dashboard image. It is the only picture of her as a puppy that we have, and it is only located there,...
  6. Need Help: Screen Flickering on Dashboard (Xbox Series X)

in XboX Insiders
    Need Help: Screen Flickering on Dashboard (Xbox Series X): I feel like I’ve tried everything & continue to experience screen flickering on the dashboard of the Series X. Doesn’t happen while playing games, only on the dashboard. This doesn’t happen at all...
  7. Series X crashes to dashboard when press A to start - Wreckless and Need For Speed

in XBoX on Consoles
    Series X crashes to dashboard when press A to start - Wreckless and Need For Speed: Hello all, I am having quite a bizarre problem with these two titles. They will both load the splash screens but when prompted to press A the Xbox will simply flip back to the dashboard. Try and...
  8. I Need Help Accessing My Ambassador Dashboard

in XBoX on Consoles
    I Need Help Accessing My Ambassador Dashboard: Hello everyone I have been a Xbox customer about over 20 years now I have long awaited the day I can become an Xbox Ambassador now January 3 I finally became an ambassador and everything seemed to...
  9. Is there anything extra i need to do to get the preview dashboard?

in XboX Insiders
    Is there anything extra i need to do to get the preview dashboard?: I signed up about 2 weeks ago and it says my system will automatically download update, but nothing has happened. submitted by /u/GigaNautz [link] [comments]
  10. I need Factory reset of xbox Dashboard 2.0.17489.0

in XBoX on Consoles
    I need Factory reset of xbox Dashboard 2.0.17489.0: i bought used xbox 360 and i cant play games 18+ so i need to factory reset it and i dont know the code so can i get please, i need help xbox Dashboard 2.0.17489.0...