The ban system is awful

Discus and support The ban system is awful in XBoX Accessibility to solve the problem; I've witnessed literal and completely obvious cheaters online and they get away scot free, but me calling someone an a**hole is somehow a bannable... Discussion in 'XBoX Accessibility' started by Chef Man, May 10, 2022.

1. Chef Man
    Chef Man Guest

The ban system is awful

I've witnessed literal and completely obvious cheaters online and they get away scot free, but me calling someone an a**hole is somehow a bannable offense for a WEEK? get you **** together man, it's just ridiculous and ruins the fun for everyone.

:)

Chef Man, May 10, 2022
  2. Obsessive Power Win User

The ban system is awful

While certain levels of 'trash talk' or friendly banter are allowed on the network, sending messages likely to offend or using offensive words, slurs or expletives are not. These are the rules and the Community Standards that you agreed to abide by when you signed up for Xbox Live.

The system can automatically filter words or phrases that breach the community standard rules. This can result in a suspension on your account and is one of the few systems that is automated over Xbox Live. It does not require another user to report you.

However, since it would be completely unfair to suspend accounts immediately for reports of cheating or exploits, these reports need to looked at via a different process, via real people or via developers of a particular game themselves. These kinds of reports can take days, weeks or even months to be looked into. Getting all of your friends to file a report on the same person will not bring about an automatic ban.

This is why you can get a suspension for a certain message almost immediately, but not for reports of cheating. They won't get off 'scot free', but it will not instant.

Also, bear in mind that you will not be notified if any action is taken against a person you report on Xbox Live.
  3. BakerVI Win User

xbox live banning system is awful

Based on what you said, it does indeed sound like you violated the
    Xbox Live Code of Conduct
    . The Code of Conduct is how we are to behave on Xbox Live, even when others are misbehaving.
    Thats what Playstation told me also. This is why people are moving to other platforms or quitting gaming. Punishment to the people who are being harassed and the person harassing gets a free pass. Thought there was video footage attached to most reports.
    You would think that moderartors would go through some footage to determine whether or not the reaction was because of in game harassment. That would be the correct way to go about it but I guessgthats too much work. Next you guys will be banning people for
    association. So friends of the alleged bad guy get banned as well. Keep up the $hitty work
  4. RandyAU93 Win User

Based on what you said, it does indeed sound like you violated the
    Xbox Live Code of Conduct
    . The Code of Conduct is how we are to behave on Xbox Live, even when others are misbehaving.
  5. BakerVI Win User

I reccomend not going to playstatiin in if your thinking about switching I was a PS4 guy never sent angry messages almost never talked on my mic unless I was with people I trusted. Got banned for hate speech in my about me section. Mind you Hate speech
    can potentially be anything. I was banned for a quote from fight club. I didnt even type in the F word but all my ps3 purchases and ps4 purchases gone with 1 report from some loser pissed that I beat his ass in destiny 2 most likely. Beings it had been the
    only game I have played since forsaken was released. When I tried to fight it the just told me hate speech is a serious offense like a broken record. So safe to say I have quit gaming. So much money and so much time put into everything gone. So all and all
    Im saying xbox arent the only morons practicing this B S. Sorry for your buddy and you getting shafted by these corporate ****
  6. XBF Lance J Win User

Engenius: xbox live banning system is awful

Hey Baker,

I will be closing this thread as it is linked to a post from over a year ago. You are more than welcomed to start your own, I am pretty sure other gamers would like to bring their ideas into the subject. :)
Thema:

The ban system is awful

1. The ban system is awful - Similar Threads - ban system awful

2. The question is can Microsoft fix the banning system?

in XBoX on Consoles
    The question is can Microsoft fix the banning system?: Okay so check this out. There is a game that recently came out. It has these words "tobacco, opium, rum, ect" it's a pirate game for christ sake and when I posted a trading post to trade these...
  3. With the new ban system coming to xbox (if it hasn't been implemented) will XIM and other...

in XBoX Accessibility
    With the new ban system coming to xbox (if it hasn't been implemented) will XIM and other...: I play R6 all the time. But it is plagued by xbox users with XIM. Will Microsoft ban those products aswell or will they be unaffected 17f61377-3025-42c0-ae83-675f3f95c2d2
  4. How does the striking system work? And can spam reporting get me banned?

in XBoX Rewards & Social
    How does the striking system work? And can spam reporting get me banned?: I just wanted to ask about a ban I recieved yesterday at about 19:39. I got banned regarding a conversation with a player of Dead By Daylight. The guy had messaged me before and a few people I...
  5. Xbox is trying to tank their console with their Communication ban system.

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox is trying to tank their console with their Communication ban system.: As any sane person on Xbox knows, the communications ban system is a diabolical twisted and absolutely abhorrent solution to a problem that doesn't exist in the first place. It's supposedly...
  6. My main account been permanently banned since this new banning system come out and I...

in XBoX Accessibility
    My main account been permanently banned since this new banning system come out and I...: Mightyonkick has been banned for no reason after 8 years off buying stuff on this account since the new banning system come out I think I've been wrongly banned Can anyone help me get my account...
  7. System Manipulation, False Ban/Suspension and Racially Charged Harassment

in XBoX Rewards & Social
    System Manipulation, False Ban/Suspension and Racially Charged Harassment: My account unfairly and falsely got banned due to me standing up for myself to a group of racist teammates i had my team in a game of rainbow 6 siege, i want to know if there is any way for anyone...
  8. Who can I contact to resolve a false ban? The case review system has never been worth its...

in XBoX Accessibility
    Who can I contact to resolve a false ban? The case review system has never been worth its...: I guess I have to put something here db304e72-42e1-42bc-9e0c-f9ae4fb4e658
  9. Console ban after system update (Xbox Series X)

in XBoX Accessibility
    Console ban after system update (Xbox Series X): I was playing Warzone last night, then around 9:50 I got disconnected and a message popped up saying my console was banned. This morning I tried to see if i could connect to Xbox Live and i was...
  10. System Manipulation, False Ban/Suspicion and Racially Charged Harassment

in XBoX Rewards & Social
    System Manipulation, False Ban/Suspicion and Racially Charged Harassment: My account unfairly and falsely got banned due to me standing up for myself to a group of racist teammates i had my team in a game of rainbow 6 siege, i want to know if there is any way for anyone...