Terrible Support Services - Corrupt console, corrupt files, and horrible customer service

Discus and support Terrible Support Services - Corrupt console, corrupt files, and horrible customer service in XBoX Games and Apps to solve the problem; Questions: Why wont my XBOX ONE download the very first console update? - I've used various internet connections to try and download the update via... Discussion in 'XBoX Games and Apps' started by ExKnives, Feb 13, 2016.

1. ExKnives
    ExKnives Guest

Terrible Support Services - Corrupt console, corrupt files, and horrible customer service

Questions:

Why wont my XBOX ONE download the very first console update? - I've used various internet connections to try and download the update via the console.

Why doesn't the offline update file (system.xvd to be specific) download completely without being corrupt? - I've downloaded the offline update file 5 different times.(all corrupt)

Why am I not getting any customer service help or answers to any of my questions? - Hence I am posting my concert once more on these forums.

I have been trying to get my XBOX ONE to function for over a year now. Truth be told, I rarely play on Microsoft consoles for the very reason that there is no customer support when something wrong occurs. Even not this question probably wont be answered.
    For a system that has a high value, it seems really unfortunate that I cant even seem to get on the first screen.

Seriously, if i have to take it in for repair and pay for the repair aswell then that would ruin all hopes of ever transitioning over from my PS4.

:)

ExKnives, Feb 13, 2016
  2. aslanhead
    aslanhead Guest
    Apps not loading

contacted customer service..had 1 corrupted file....deleted it...cleared cache...deleted profile only....restarted console...downloaded profile again....then everything worked

to find the corrupted file...go to settings hard drive and look for each possible file...the corrupted file has a warning sign.
    clearing cache - hard drive...press Y - did that 3 times

aslanhead, Feb 13, 2016
  3. Malacath
    Malacath Guest
    Xbox 360 running slow except when playing games

Try checking your hard drive for corrupt files.

Corrupt files will have yellow exclamation marks by them. Delete any corrupt file you find.

My console had a corrupt avatar file once and had similar symptoms to you.

Also try going to storage then system and delete the content cache file and marketplace data

Malacath, Feb 13, 2016
  4. Terrible Support Services - Corrupt console, corrupt files, and horrible customer service

Hello there!

Sorry that you haven't been receiving any assistance on your threads. Just so you know, this isn't the forum section to receive professional assistance from Microsoft representatives. This forum is for community assistance. To get professional assistance
    from a Microsoft representative, go to
    http://support.xbox.com/en-US/contact-us
    . Otherwise, I will try to assist you.

From what you've posted, you may have purchased a defective console. I don't really know what you can do but contacting Microsoft would be best.

The Rogue Scout, Feb 13, 2016
  5. ngocphi
    ngocphi Guest
    Question what type of Internet are you using

And what is the speed

If it is a wireless hotspot modem that's your issue

Wireless hotspots aren't meant for high volume high speed gaming

You would need a broadband connection

ngocphi, Nov 2, 2018
  6. ngocphi Win User

Question what type of Internet are you using

And what is the speed

If it is a wireless hotspot modem that's your issue

Wireless hotspots aren't meant for high volume high speed gaming

You would need a broadband connection
  7. The Rogue Scout Win User

Hello there!

Sorry that you haven't been receiving any assistance on your threads. Just so you know, this isn't the forum section to receive professional assistance from Microsoft representatives. This forum is for community assistance. To get professional assistance
    from a Microsoft representative, go to
    http://support.xbox.com/en-US/contact-us
    . Otherwise, I will try to assist you.

From what you've posted, you may have purchased a defective console. I don't really know what you can do but contacting Microsoft would be best.
  8. Matt Connors Win User

Terrible Customer Support Service.

My warranty expired back in December...but I only just received my controller. Covering myself I asked that question and they informed me that the warranty is extended I believe 90 days with every repair. I no longer have the option to send the device in online. This process has completely disheartened me on this product.
  9. ngocphi Win User

You can always skip that and goto device.Microsoft.com and request a repair assuming you are within the 2 year warranty otherwise it's going to cost you
  10. Georges C. Win User

Hello, first it's a pleasure to be able to help you today.

My name is welcome to the community.

Hello Matt, I'm sorry you are having difficulties contacting Xbox support, however try to follow the steps below to contact Xbox support via chat.

Go to: https://support.xbox.com/en-US/contact-us/

See the bottom left part of the page and make sure that the page has the correct region that you are in (ex: United States - English for USA)

If not, click on it then select the correct region that you are in.

Check and confirm that you are within the available time of support under Contact times.

Click Contact us

Select the drop-down menu options that will match your concern.

On the page, see the provided support articles that may help you with your concern. Click See contact options if further assistance is needed.

On the next page, select either Chat online or Request a call option then follow or enter the needed details.
Thema:

1. Terrible Support Services - Corrupt console, corrupt files, and horrible customer service - Similar Threads - Terrible Support Services

2. New “Happening Now” Tab is Terrible

in XboX Insiders
    New “Happening Now” Tab is Terrible: This new tab is atrociously bad. Not only does it now cover half of the screen, but it also removes the clock off of the screen as well. The “Happening Now” tab was something I barely even used...
  3. Why is my Wi-Fi on my Xbox so terrible

in XBoX on Consoles
    Why is my Wi-Fi on my Xbox so terrible: My Internet just cuts off randomly on my Xbox especially when I’m trying to play call of duty, and when that happens, I have to type in the Wi-Fi password like 10 times for it to finally connect...
  4. Download speeds are terrible

in XBoX on Consoles
    Download speeds are terrible: My download speeds are below 1mbps when wireless and even slower wired. I’ve reset my router which I know isn’t the problem. It’s a first gen Xbox one. My Xbox will run at over 200mbps when I look...
  5. New Legion laptop has terrible wifi speeds despite fast for all other devices on the network

in XBoX on Consoles
    New Legion laptop has terrible wifi speeds despite fast for all other devices on the network: Hi, I have tried hard resetting my computer, restarting the network (and temporarily changing the network to only 2.4ghz), as well as troubleshooting via the built-in tool in windows. When I...
  6. Why is the Xbox PC app so terrible?

in XboX Insiders
    Why is the Xbox PC app so terrible?: This is now the second game I have bought on Xbox that shows in the Xbox app on PC, even though it is not considered a play anywhere title (other was Limbo) and won't actually let you play on PC...
  7. HDR Looks Terrible With Some Games on Xbox Series X

in XBoX Games and Apps
    HDR Looks Terrible With Some Games on Xbox Series X: I’ve been having an issue with my HDR on my Xbox Series X and it’s driving me crazyyyyyyy. My monitor supports HDR10 but when I go on some games, the screen turns black for a few seconds and when...
  8. Why is Microsofts enforcement team so terrible

in XBoX Accessibility
    Why is Microsofts enforcement team so terrible: I got a wrongful ban out of thin air at my appeal got denied and they won't do anything about it is there anything and I mean anything to get my newly bought console and account worth over 2 grand...
  9. Microsoft/Xbox support is terrible, please help me Microsoft.

in XBoX Accessibility
    Microsoft/Xbox support is terrible, please help me Microsoft.: I need help I’m having to type this on my main Microsoft Account but my little brothers Microsoft account has just been hacked and we can’t get back into his account as they have changed the...
  10. why is the skill based match making so terrible?!?!?!?!

in XBoX Games and Apps
    why is the skill based match making so terrible?!?!?!?!: I played 6-8 matches in which me and my friend have been absolutely destroyed in. how is it skill based match making if 6-8 games in a row we have been defeated 6-0, i am a pretty good player,...