Terrible Customer Support.

Discus and support Terrible Customer Support. in XBoX Games and Apps to solve the problem; Had an issue with my OneGuide app, and had HORRIBLE customer service from the online chat support through the website. I have since sorted out my... Discussion in 'XBoX Games and Apps' started by SlimSPS, Mar 5, 2017.

1. SlimSPS
    SlimSPS Guest

Had an issue with my OneGuide app, and had HORRIBLE customer service from the online chat support through the website. I have since sorted out my problem on my own, however this was the horrible service i got from support. 20 minutes to get to TechSupport
    101, "did you power it off and back on again" and then, after that agonizing 20 minutes, it appeared as if he was just copy pasting stuff from google, that didnt really make sense. This was the conversation;

Hi, thanks for visiting Xbox Support! I'm Ulymar S..

2:52 pm

Megood evening

Ulymar S.Hey there! Good evening.

Ulymar S.Shawn, right

2:53 pm

Meyes

Ulymar S.How are you? I hope you're doing fine besides the Xbox concern, Shawn.

Ulymar S.Let me review the one you've documented on the chat session.

Mehello?

2:57 pm

Ulymar S.Yes. I'm here.

Ulymar S.By the way, this set-up is done on Xbox One console, right

Meyes.

Medo i need to explan the problem again?

Ulymar S.I've got what you've documented here on the initiated chat session.

2:58 pm

Meokay, and do you have any suggestions?

2:59 pm

Ulymar S.Let us please re set-up the One Guide. But before doing that. Please have your console turned off and have the it disconnected form the power supply.

2:59 pm

Mei have already power cycled it.

3:00 pm

Ulymar S.Let's leave it at this state for at least 2 minutes to make sure it wont have the necessary energy to support its current surface configuration

Meok it is currently unplugged

Mejust for reference, i have done some troubleshooting already. I have plugged the chromecast directly into the TV to make sure that the Chromecast was still working, which it is.

3:02 pm

Ulymar S.I see. Thank you for that info, it would narrow down the possibilities as to where the issue lies..

3:03 pm

Me[b]the xbox is still off, but in earlier troubleshooting, when i start the oneguide app, and go to the channel guide, i can SEE the HDMI source listed. But as soon as i click it (or hit Y) it dissapears, and stays on a channel from the antenna.

3:03 pm[/b]

[b]
    Me[b]from that point forward, it wont list HDMI as a source until i go out to eht main screen, and QUIT the OneGuide app, then when i reopen th eapp again itll show the HDMI as a source, but again, it dissapears as soon as i click it.

3:04 pm[/b]

[b]
    Me[b]the Chromecast has been working for months in the past, but today, i switched channels to an antenna channel (a different source), and since then i cannot get it to go back to the HDMI source.

3:04 pm[/b]

[b]
    Me[b]can i pluig the XBOX back in and let it power up now?

3:05 pm[/b]

[b]
    Ulymar S.[b]yes. Please do.

3:05 pm[/b]

[b]
    Me[b]ok It is at the main home screen

3:06 pm[/b]

[b]
    Ulymar S.[b]Please Set-up your OneGuide on the console.

3:08 pm[/b]

[b]
    Ulymar S.[b]Please reconnect the Hardware Set-Up.

3:08 pm[/b]

[b]
    Me[b]how do you want me to setup one guide, and how do you want me to reconnect the hardware setup? The hardware (Chromecast) is already plugged uinto the HDMI IN port on the back of the xbox.

3:10 pm[/b]

[b]
    Me[b]ok, you are not helping. This is maybe the worst support i have ever gotten. I will be copying this chat history and sending it into microsoft.

3:12 pm[/b]

[/b][/b]
    [b][b][b]Ulymar S. is typing...

[/b][/b][/b]

[/b][/b][/b][/b][/b][/b][/b]

:)

SlimSPS, Mar 5, 2017
  2. TERRIBLE Customer Support

They are violating the sales of goods and distance selling regulations acts

Diggle-002BD856-2387-4B11-8FA4-7EAAB1A13E2A, Mar 5, 2017
  3. KingDerek212
    KingDerek212 Guest
    Terrible Customer Support

I have had an Xbox, Xbox 360, or Xbox one since i was 16 years old. I've spent thousands of dollars on consoles, controllers, games and Xbox live subscriptions. I've always supported Xbox and Microsoft, with both my voice and my wallet. Today, though, I
    canceled my Xbox live subscription and deleted my credit card information, and I will be getting a PS4 instead. I am doing this because the "Customer Support" from Microsoft is anything but supportive. Although I've been playing Xbox since I was a kid, I am
    an adult now and as such I don't have near as much time to play as I would like. Most of my playing time comes on the weekend these days. I woke up today and turned on my Xbox, ready to play some Destiny with my buddy. I went to send him a message and have
    him invite me to his game and party, when I realized, unfortunately, my account had received a 24 hour communications ban. I thought surely there must be a mistake, I will just call and see what the problem is and how to get it fixed. When I called the Xbox
    Support number, they were unable to tell me any information whatsoever about why I was temporarily banned. No information on what I had been banned for, no information on how to get the ban lifted or appealed, and no information on how to contact someone over
    the phone and talk to them about this issue. Very "Supportive" of them. After doing some research of my own, I went to the Enforcement website in hopes of finding a contact number or getting more information on my ban. Once i signed in, it turns out there's
    absolutely no information on their web page about why I was banned or for what, no contact number or way to contact them, and because my ban is "only" 24 hours, no way to even appeal it. I called back the Customer Support and after telling them the lengths
    I went through to get more information and to try and resolve this issue, I was told "To just wait it out and in 24 hours everything will be back to normal". Well, I don't accept that. I pay $10 every month for a service that I expect to be able to use when
    I want to use it. I am locked out of communicating with anyone at all, in any way whatsoever, over Xbox live, a service that I pay for. Not only that, there is absolutely no information or way to find out why, specifically, I am locked out, and no way for
    me to appeal or talk to someone who could help me. All this for someone who has been an avid Xbox and Microsoft supporter for almost 10 years, and I just spent $100 in games this month! So thanks, Xbox Customer Support and Microsoft, I appreciate the great
    customer service and communication that is now forcing me to go to GameStop and sell all my Xbox One stuff and buy a PS4 instead. It was a good run.

KingDerek212, Mar 5, 2017
  4. Boas BS5 Win User

Terrible customer support

To the Op wow that is a horrible experience, unfortunately everyone onm these forums console is fine so all you will get is the generic, i had mine since launch and it was fine thread. The problem is you having a genuine problem breaks the belief some hold
    that the XO is perfect.

I depsite having no problems personally feel your pain and hope you get it sorted quickly, unfortunately tho it seems MS support has pulled the old 'go to the forums' trickl when they know full well nobody on the forums can help you.
  5. Auswulf Win User

Wow humanity at its finest right here..
  6. Goatsnatcher Win User

I had a major problem with my PS3 which drove me to selling it, I also had to cancel my credit card at the same time.... That's a whole different topic though.
  7. WildChameleon Win User

A total nightmare by the sounds of it!

A lot of people have had problems regards the One just coming on here on a daily basis proves that. This gen was rushed to the market and that is where the exist.

records should be updated every time the customer rings into a service centre. If that's not happening then that is MS fault but a lot of company source their call centres out to different company's.

If you move to Sony, good luck with that! but gamers have had problems with PS4's too. All i can say is never ever had a problem with my PS3, but like many others this was not the case with the 360.
  8. RandyHerman133 Win User

Terrible Customer Support

Thema:

1. Terrible Customer Support. - Similar Threads - Terrible Customer Support

2. Why is my Wi-Fi on my Xbox so terrible

in XBoX on Consoles
    Why is my Wi-Fi on my Xbox so terrible: My Internet just cuts off randomly on my Xbox especially when I’m trying to play call of duty, and when that happens, I have to type in the Wi-Fi password like 10 times for it to finally connect...
  3. Download speeds are terrible

in XBoX on Consoles
    Download speeds are terrible: My download speeds are below 1mbps when wireless and even slower wired. I’ve reset my router which I know isn’t the problem. It’s a first gen Xbox one. My Xbox will run at over 200mbps when I look...
  4. New Legion laptop has terrible wifi speeds despite fast for all other devices on the network

in XBoX on Consoles
    New Legion laptop has terrible wifi speeds despite fast for all other devices on the network: Hi, I have tried hard resetting my computer, restarting the network (and temporarily changing the network to only 2.4ghz), as well as troubleshooting via the built-in tool in windows. When I...
  5. Why is the Xbox PC app so terrible?

in XboX Insiders
    Why is the Xbox PC app so terrible?: This is now the second game I have bought on Xbox that shows in the Xbox app on PC, even though it is not considered a play anywhere title (other was Limbo) and won't actually let you play on PC...
  6. HDR Looks Terrible With Some Games on Xbox Series X

in XBoX Games and Apps
    HDR Looks Terrible With Some Games on Xbox Series X: I’ve been having an issue with my HDR on my Xbox Series X and it’s driving me crazyyyyyyy. My monitor supports HDR10 but when I go on some games, the screen turns black for a few seconds and when...
  7. Why is Microsofts enforcement team so terrible

in XBoX Accessibility
    Why is Microsofts enforcement team so terrible: I got a wrongful ban out of thin air at my appeal got denied and they won't do anything about it is there anything and I mean anything to get my newly bought console and account worth over 2 grand...
  8. Microsoft/Xbox support is terrible, please help me Microsoft.

in XBoX Accessibility
    Microsoft/Xbox support is terrible, please help me Microsoft.: I need help I’m having to type this on my main Microsoft Account but my little brothers Microsoft account has just been hacked and we can’t get back into his account as they have changed the...
  9. why is the skill based match making so terrible?!?!?!?!

in XBoX Games and Apps
    why is the skill based match making so terrible?!?!?!?!: I played 6-8 matches in which me and my friend have been absolutely destroyed in. how is it skill based match making if 6-8 games in a row we have been defeated 6-0, i am a pretty good player,...
  10. Can you morons fix the stupid pins customization on xbox it's freaking terrible I can't get...

in XBoX Accessibility
    Can you morons fix the stupid pins customization on xbox it's freaking terrible I can't get...: Can you morons fix the stupid pins customization on xbox it's freaking terrible I can't get anything where I want it I gave up and just deleted all my pins smfh 74725fa3-9bfa-4cf4-8010-d96d796ee9fd