Teen account to adult account

Discus and support Teen account to adult account in XBoX Accessibility to solve the problem; I have tried to change my account to an adult account for a few years now, but it won’t change. It was set on teen on acident when it was made and... Discussion in 'XBoX Accessibility' started by Justus Bobo, Oct 1, 2018.

1. Justus Bobo
    Justus Bobo Guest

I have tried to change my account to an adult account for a few years now, but it won’t change. It was set on teen on acident when it was made and won’t change. i have set it to unrestricted for a few months and still cant access cortana, custom gamer
    pictures, or accept friend requests on my xbox 360 and its getting kind of annoying. Please help me fix this problem.

:)

Justus Bobo, Oct 1, 2018
  2. Arminator
    Arminator Guest
    "Change your child’s Xbox privacy and online safety settings" when I try to access to my Xbox profile from the internet

Unless you are over the age of 18 your parents (or another adult guardian) has to make account settings for your teen account.

Ask an adult to add your teen account to their family at
    https://account.microsoft.com/family

Arminator, Oct 1, 2018
  3. Tahoebagel
    Tahoebagel Guest
    Family member not showing up

My account (teen) says that it is part of a family with an adult, and that I cannot change any privacy settings. However, when I log into the adult account, it says that the teen account is not actually in that adult's family. When I then try to add the
    teen account to the adult's family, I get a message saying that the teen is already in a family. This makes it impossible to change any of the settings as the teen account is stuck in a family with no one to remove them. If you can help fix this, thanks.

Tahoebagel, Oct 1, 2018
  4. XBF Leslie D
    XBF Leslie D Guest

Hi Justus!

Thanks for bringing this to our attention.

By any chance have you attempted to submit proof of age?I f you're being asked for parental consent, the birthdate on your account indicates that you're underage. You can correct your birthdate by providing proof that you're an adult.

Click here to learn how to
    submit proof of age.

Let us know if this helps

XBF Leslie D, Oct 1, 2018
  5. bowski477
    bowski477 Guest
    While you can change your date of birth on your Microsoft account this will not change the date on the Xbox account attached to it. The birthdate on your Xbox account is permanent.

bowski477, Oct 1, 2018
  6. TwoPlySheets
    TwoPlySheets Guest
    Have you contacted Customer Service. Xbox takes children on the internet and their privacy/safety very seriously.

TwoPlySheets, Nov 5, 2018
  7. bowski477 Win User

While you can change your date of birth on your Microsoft account this will not change the date on the Xbox account attached to it. The birthdate on your Xbox account is permanent.
  8. TwoPlySheets Win User

Have you contacted Customer Service. Xbox takes children on the internet and their privacy/safety very seriously.
  9. XBF Leslie D Win User

Hi Justus!

Thanks for bringing this to our attention.

By any chance have you attempted to submit proof of age?I f you're being asked for parental consent, the birthdate on your account indicates that you're underage. You can correct your birthdate by providing proof that you're an adult.

Click here to learn how to
    submit proof of age.

Let us know if this helps
  10. Arminator Win User

"Change your child’s Xbox privacy and online safety settings" when I try to access to my Xbox profile from the internet

Unless you are over the age of 18 your parents (or another adult guardian) has to make account settings for your teen account.

Ask an adult to add your teen account to their family at
    https://account.microsoft.com/family
  11. BaconisGood53 Win User

Xbox family

Child and Teen accounts can only be removed from the family by an Adult account.
Thema:

1. Teen account to adult account - Similar Threads - Teen account adult

2. Xbox Family Safety owned a organizer saved member, this happens " This is a teen account. "

in XBoX Accessibility
    Xbox Family Safety owned a organizer saved member, this happens " This is a teen account. ": Save adult organizers in Microsoft Family Safety. Is saved member but it's happened [img] Have problems To change this setting, have a parent sign in on console or web Need Tutorial...
  3. I need to change my account from child to teen but my parents don’t think that they have an...

in XBoX Accessibility
    I need to change my account from child to teen but my parents don’t think that they have an...: I need to be able to find the account that is controlling that setting. 23ab64ad-7fa1-4a1a-a16b-ef342b90c850
  4. Teen account privacy settings won't change without parent account. Is there any way around...

in XBoX Accessibility
    Teen account privacy settings won't change without parent account. Is there any way around...: I have a teen account and need to change the privacy settings so that I can join a Minecraft Realm I've been invited to. But the Xbox App is telling me that I need my parent account to change the...
  5. PC Game Pass won't let me install teen stuff. I'm an adult and have had an account for 15...

in XBoX Accessibility
    PC Game Pass won't let me install teen stuff. I'm an adult and have had an account for 15...: I'm not able to install game pass PC games. It tells me that the age restrictions prevent it. When I log in to some Family Security or something, it doesn't even let me click my name to change my...
  6. Xbox - Unable to Set-Up EA Teen Account and Gain Access to Game or Online Game Features

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Xbox - Unable to Set-Up EA Teen Account and Gain Access to Game or Online Game Features: My son has an Xbox One S and has just become a teenager; the set-up on the Xbox is me as the parent and my son is a family member. Independently, a user account was created for my son on the EA...
  7. Store says I can't buy teen game because I have child/teen account when I am an adult and ...

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Store says I can't buy teen game because I have child/teen account when I am an adult and ...: When I went on the Microsoft store to buy Battleborn when it was on sale with gold, it said I couldn't buy it because it wasn't allowed for child and teen accounts but I am 25 and I am an adult in...
  8. Blocked teen account question

in XBoX on Consoles
    Blocked teen account question: I blocked my teen son’s screen time as a punishment. Can he create another account not connected to our family account? Is there anyway I can find out about a new account he may be using?...
  9. Custom Gamerpic for Child/Teen Account

in XBoX on Consoles
    Custom Gamerpic for Child/Teen Account: Why do I have to be older to upload my own custom gamerpic on my account even though I'm about to turn 18 tomorrow? f0ad7108-9623-4b5b-aa04-8c69b74397ee
  10. Teen to adult account on Windows?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Teen to adult account on Windows?: I do not have an Xbox, nor do I ever want one. I created this account so that I could make purchases in certain windows games. As a default my account was made as a teen account and I wish to...