Teen account privacy settings won't change without parent account. Is there any way around...

Discus and support Teen account privacy settings won't change without parent account. Is there any way around... in XBoX Accessibility to solve the problem; I have a teen account and need to change the privacy settings so that I can join a Minecraft Realm I've been invited to. But the Xbox App is telling me... Discussion in 'XBoX Accessibility' started by Cactus Plant, Feb 23, 2023.

1. Cactus Plant
    Cactus Plant Guest

Teen account privacy settings won't change without parent account. Is there any way around...

I have a teen account and need to change the privacy settings so that I can join a Minecraft Realm I've been invited to. But the Xbox App is telling me that I need my parent account to change the privacy settings. The problem with that is that I've never had a parent account connected to my account. I'm having trouble finding a way to change the settings without this nonexistent parent account. Any ideas?

:)

Cactus Plant, Feb 23, 2023
  2. DeniqL Win User

Teen account privacy settings won't change without parent account. Is there any way around this?

Hi! I'm Luis, a fellow Xbox Gamer . Thanks for reaching us out here.

You can have adult account create a family group and add the minor one to a family to then change the settings

Once you have made sure that he is added as a "member", you can simply sign in to https://account.xbox.com/settings and from there make sure that these settings are set to “allow” or “everyone”:

* You can see and upload community creations

* You can communicate outside of Xbox Live with voice & text

* Others can communicate with voice, text, or invites

* You can play with people outside of Xbox Live

* You can create and join clubs

* You can join multiplayer games

Make sure to hit “submit” when you made any changes.
  3. PalmettoBling Win User

Realms

This page has details on how to get to your Privacy and Online Safety Settings.

https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/help/4482922/xbox-one-online-safety-and-privacy-settings-for-parents-and-kids

If your Birthday on your Microsoft Accounts designates you as a Child or Teen account, you might need a Parent in your Microsoft Account family to make the setting changes for you.
  4. Arminator Win User

Minecraft Parental Control Settings

Ask your parents that have an adult Microsoft Account to add your child/teen account to their family in
    https://account.microsoft.com/family

After that, your parent needs to go to
    https://account.xbox.com/settings
    and be signed in with their adult parent account.

On that page they should now also see your account. They have to click on that account and make the changes to your account's online and privacy settings then.
  5. M3tal Daz3 Win User

Call of Duty Black Ops 3 User Generated Content

If you have a child account the only way to change privacy settings is through a parental account. There is no other way about it, you have to find the parental account associated with yours.
  6. Catherine Cus. Win User

In my account for X BOX not displaying my family

Hi,

For us to have a better overview of your concern, kindly answer the following questions:

• Are you using an Xbox One console or a Windows 10 device?
    • Are you getting any error messages?
    • Are you using the parent Microsoft account to change the family settings?

Children and teens are restricted from changing Xbox privacy and online safety settings on their accounts. Only the parent or other adult in the Microsoft family can view or change these settings for a child account, either on a console or online. Refer
    to
    How a parent can change the privacy and online safety settings for a child account
    for more information.

Keep us posted.
Thema:

1. Teen account privacy settings won't change without parent account. Is there any way around... - Similar Threads - Teen account privacy

2. Xbox Family Safety owned a organizer saved member, this happens " This is a teen account. "

in XBoX Accessibility
    Xbox Family Safety owned a organizer saved member, this happens " This is a teen account. ": Save adult organizers in Microsoft Family Safety. Is saved member but it's happened [img] Have problems To change this setting, have a parent sign in on console or web Need Tutorial...
  3. I need to change my account from child to teen but my parents don’t think that they have an...

in XBoX Accessibility
    I need to change my account from child to teen but my parents don’t think that they have an...: I need to be able to find the account that is controlling that setting. 23ab64ad-7fa1-4a1a-a16b-ef342b90c850
  4. PC Game Pass won't let me install teen stuff. I'm an adult and have had an account for 15...

in XBoX Accessibility
    PC Game Pass won't let me install teen stuff. I'm an adult and have had an account for 15...: I'm not able to install game pass PC games. It tells me that the age restrictions prevent it. When I log in to some Family Security or something, it doesn't even let me click my name to change my...
  5. Xbox - Unable to Set-Up EA Teen Account and Gain Access to Game or Online Game Features

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Xbox - Unable to Set-Up EA Teen Account and Gain Access to Game or Online Game Features: My son has an Xbox One S and has just become a teenager; the set-up on the Xbox is me as the parent and my son is a family member. Independently, a user account was created for my son on the EA...
  6. Teen account to adult account

in XBoX Accessibility
    Teen account to adult account: I have tried to change my account to an adult account for a few years now, but it won’t change. It was set on teen on acident when it was made and won’t change. i have set it to unrestricted for a...
  7. Cannot pre-order Destiny Rise of Iron on a teen account

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Cannot pre-order Destiny Rise of Iron on a teen account: Xbox will not allow me to order Rise of Iron on my account because I am a teen. But Destiny and Rise of Iron are both rated Teen. Is this a bug? 5df40071-95f3-4586-9427-86226b49c6af
  8. Blocked teen account question

in XBoX on Consoles
    Blocked teen account question: I blocked my teen son’s screen time as a punishment. Can he create another account not connected to our family account? Is there anyway I can find out about a new account he may be using?...
  9. Custom Gamerpic for Child/Teen Account

in XBoX on Consoles
    Custom Gamerpic for Child/Teen Account: Why do I have to be older to upload my own custom gamerpic on my account even though I'm about to turn 18 tomorrow? f0ad7108-9623-4b5b-aa04-8c69b74397ee
  10. How do we change a child's account to a teen account?

in XBoX on Consoles
    How do we change a child's account to a teen account?: We have an X Box one S and there is only one account on it, it is my son's. He has a child account at the moment but is growing up fast and now wants a teen account. How do I change it?...