Technical issues signing in on xbox PC

Discus and support Technical issues signing in on xbox PC in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; When I launch the xbox app on my PC it runs just fine, however when I click "sign in" a window appears for a fraction of a second and then disappears.... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by Zacharyv0327, Dec 2, 2022.

1. Zacharyv0327
    Zacharyv0327 Guest

When I launch the xbox app on my PC it runs just fine, however when I click "sign in" a window appears for a fraction of a second and then disappears. I have tried restarting my computer and uninstalling and then reinstalling the app yet the issue persists. Is xbox having knows issues with this? Can I fix this?

:)

Zacharyv0327, Dec 2, 2022
  2. JosefLBohorquez Win User

Hi and thanks for reaching Microsoft Xbox gamer's community. My name is Josef.

I'm an Independent Advisor and a Microsoft Xbox user like you.

Hope you're doing great today despitet this Zacharyv0327

Please try and double check this:

Open Settings, click Update and Security and then Windows Update

Click Check for Updates

Click the Download and Install Now option, if available (Install optional updates as well)

Also, check the Microsoft Store for any updates on the Xbox apps and its services and update everything too. (Click on get updates)

Now, go to windows settings > apps > search for gaming services app > click on it and select advanced options.

After that, click repair and then reset

Then do the same for the Xbox app:

Go to windows settings > apps > search for Xbox app > click on it and select advanced options.

After that, click repair and then reset

Finally do this:

Step 1: Open the Run window by pressing Windows + R key.

Step 2: Input WSReset.exe in the Run window and click OK.

Step 3: Then a command prompt window will appear. After a few seconds, Windows Store will open.

If everything is up to date and that doesn't work please try each solution below:

A.

Press Windows + X, then click on Windows Powershell (Administrator)

Then type or copy/paste this command and press enter:

Get-appxpackage Microsoft.XboxIdentityProvider | Remove-AppxPackage

Restart your PC and install the recently deleted app:

https://apps.microsoft.com/store/detail/xbox-id...

Finally go to Windows Settings > Apps and Features > Xbox app > Reset and Repair, then restart your PC and give it a new try.

B. Try these tutorials:

https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/fix...

https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/account-bil...

C. try this (RainingRoses response):

"Try the following options for Windows 10/11:

1. Go to Credential Manager (https://support.microsoft.com/windows/accessing...) > Windows Credentials (not the Web option), select XblGrts|DeviceKey and remove.

2. Go to Settings > Accounts > Email & accounts. Select your account with the issue and verify that the ‘Apps need to ask me to use this account’ setting is enabled. This would especially help if you have multiple accounts as you would have the option to choose the correct account on startup, but you can always change it back to the automatic option if you prefer. You can also try to remove the account from here and re-add it later.

3. Follow this file path: C:\Users\[Your Username]AppData\Local\Packages\Microsoft.XboxIdentityProvider_cw5n1h2txyewy\AC\TokenBroker

Delete the Accounts and Cache folders, which will be deleted from the Xbox Identity Provider

Note that the highlighted code in this file path depends on your system so may vary.

If you don’t see a particular folder, then confirm there’s no search filters applied and select ‘show hidden items’, or you can just search for the folder in the search bar.

Restart your PC after trying the above steps, so that these properly take effect next time you sign in. It may also help to then reset and repair and/or uninstall and reinstall the Xbox apps where this error occurs."

Source: https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/xbox/forum/...
  3. Rostom L Win User

How can I add another profile onto my game pass ultimate subscription?

Thanks for the clarification. Technically, there's no game sharing or subscription sharing on PC. The home Xbox feature where you can share your games and subscription only works on Xbox consoles.

For PC, it may or may not work. If he has an Xbox Console Companion app on his PC, try to open it and check whose account is currently signed in. If it's yours, please sign it out.
  4. XBF Diego M Win User

Xbox technically issues

Hi THE RANDOM GUY1,

I'm sorry to hear that the Xbox was acting that way that lead to you having to replace the network card, however discussing self repair or asking how to self repair a modded console is not allowed on the Xbox forums as per the

Xbox Forums Rules and Guidelines
    . Your only option is to get a new console since it would not be possible to send in the console to Microsoft Device support. Due to the reasons stated, we will be locking this thread. If you get a new Xbox and you end up
    having any other questions or concerns in accordance with the guidelines, please feel free to come back and create a new thread.

Thank you and have a great day.
  5. Zoe S17 Win User

Xbox technically issues

In accordance with
    Code Standards § vii
    :

• Connect modified or tampered hardware to Xbox Live
    • Use unauthorized hardware or accessories
    This could be a violation and no doubt also voids your Xbox and/or controller warranty.

Did you try updating the controller firmware while it was plugged in via micro USB to the console? Are you on an Insider system update?
  6. THE RANDOM GUY1 Win User

Xbox technically issues

Everything is up to date. I have 5 controllers and an xbox remote. And nothing works. I know its got to be a hardware issue. And i know i voided the warranty. I dont care. I just want to fix it so i can play my games.
Thema:

1. Technical issues signing in on xbox PC - Similar Threads - Technical issues signing

2. Get To Know Our Team: Vanessa - Technical Program Manager (Xbox Everywhere & Cloud Gaming)

in XboX Insiders
    Get To Know Our Team: Vanessa - Technical Program Manager (Xbox Everywhere & Cloud Gaming): [IMG] submitted by /u/wynnXIP [link] [comments]
  3. Get To Know Our Team: Austin - Technical Program Manager (Hardware & Internal Flighting)

in XboX Insiders
    Get To Know Our Team: Austin - Technical Program Manager (Hardware & Internal Flighting): [IMG] submitted by /u/wynnXIP [link] [comments]
  4. Get To Know Our Team: Donovan - Technical Program Manager (OS/Hardware Flighting & Hardware...

in XboX Insiders
    Get To Know Our Team: Donovan - Technical Program Manager (OS/Hardware Flighting & Hardware...: [IMG] submitted by /u/wynnXIP [link] [comments]
  5. Get To Know Our Team: Tyler - Technical Program Manager (Commerce & Subscriptions)

in XboX Insiders
    Get To Know Our Team: Tyler - Technical Program Manager (Commerce & Subscriptions): [IMG] submitted by /u/wynnXIP [link] [comments]
  6. Get To Know Our Team: Dean - Technical Program Manager

in XboX Insiders
    Get To Know Our Team: Dean - Technical Program Manager: [IMG] submitted by /u/wynnXIP [link] [comments]
  7. Assistance with technical issue of game not downloading.

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Assistance with technical issue of game not downloading.: I'm downloading Mortal Kombat 1 for Xbox Series X and when I first install it for the first time, it stops, I managed to get to 60gb after changing disc 1 to disc 2 as there are 2 disc's and...
  8. So my account was charged for a game I didn't receive try contacting Xbox technical support...

in XBoX Accessibility
    So my account was charged for a game I didn't receive try contacting Xbox technical support...: So my account was charged for a game I didn't receive I tried contacting technical support but no help can anyone assist please b29c4129-716d-4f85-afaa-780a3d713171
  9. Subject: Urgent - Redfall's Disappointing Launch and Technical Issues

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Subject: Urgent - Redfall's Disappointing Launch and Technical Issues: Dear Arkane Austin and Bethesda Softworks Team, I hope this post finds you well. I am writing to express my profound disappointment and frustration with the recent launch of Redfall, a highly...
  10. Hi, this isn't much of a technical issue, but can someone please try and hook me up with a...

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Hi, this isn't much of a technical issue, but can someone please try and hook me up with a...: Hello, this isn't much of a technical issue at all but can someone try and hook me up with a sea of thieves developer? I just really want to send my feedback but i'm not sure if they can actually...