Technical Issue with Downloading Updates (Games & Console)

Discus and support Technical Issue with Downloading Updates (Games & Console) in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; My son's Xbox One is having issues with downloading updates for games as well as the console update - see attached screenshot. We also have an Xbox... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by Ryan Ferris, Mar 23, 2023.

1. Ryan Ferris
    Ryan Ferris Guest

My son's Xbox One is having issues with downloading updates for games as well as the console update - see attached screenshot.

We also have an Xbox Series X which is downloading/installing updates fine so it is not an issue with the network/connection.

His game updates are stuck at 0.0% and just says "updating". We have tried disconnecting/reconnecting to the network, we have tried resetting the Xbox, unplugging for 30 seconds etc. We have tried a console update too, none of which is working.

Does anyone have any suggestion(s) other than a complete factory reset of the Xbox One?

Technical Issue with Downloading Updates (Games & Console) [​IMG]

:)

Ryan Ferris, Mar 23, 2023
  2. Jonny306 Win User

Okay,

So that is the issue. What happens when you attempt to connect to a network?
  3. Jonny306 Win User

Okay,

Have you tried a factory reset keeping games and apps?
  4. Ryan Ferris Win User

We have tried that but it keeps saying needs to be online but we can't get it online as it says it needs to update the console, which we can't do as we can't get online!

We're at a loss with it so would appreciate what could be wrong/what we need to do.

Thanks
  5. Ryan Ferris Win User

Hi, thanks for coming back to me.

His storage is completely fine, see image below

please advise on what other issues could be causing it.

[​IMG]
  6. Jonny306 Win User

Hello Ryan

My name is Jonny and I will be assisting you today!

First, thank you so much for contacting us regarding your inquiry/ concern.

I do look forward to resolving this problem together! :)

This is a common occurrence with a full hard drive that is lacking space.

May I ask, are you using an external hard drive?
Thema:

1. Technical Issue with Downloading Updates (Games & Console) - Similar Threads - Technical Issue Downloading

2. Get To Know Our Team: Vanessa - Technical Program Manager (Xbox Everywhere & Cloud Gaming)

in XboX Insiders
    Get To Know Our Team: Vanessa - Technical Program Manager (Xbox Everywhere & Cloud Gaming): [IMG] submitted by /u/wynnXIP [link] [comments]
  3. Get To Know Our Team: Austin - Technical Program Manager (Hardware & Internal Flighting)

in XboX Insiders
    Get To Know Our Team: Austin - Technical Program Manager (Hardware & Internal Flighting): [IMG] submitted by /u/wynnXIP [link] [comments]
  4. Get To Know Our Team: Donovan - Technical Program Manager (OS/Hardware Flighting & Hardware...

in XboX Insiders
    Get To Know Our Team: Donovan - Technical Program Manager (OS/Hardware Flighting & Hardware...: [IMG] submitted by /u/wynnXIP [link] [comments]
  5. Get To Know Our Team: Tyler - Technical Program Manager (Commerce & Subscriptions)

in XboX Insiders
    Get To Know Our Team: Tyler - Technical Program Manager (Commerce & Subscriptions): [IMG] submitted by /u/wynnXIP [link] [comments]
  6. Get To Know Our Team: Dean - Technical Program Manager

in XboX Insiders
    Get To Know Our Team: Dean - Technical Program Manager: [IMG] submitted by /u/wynnXIP [link] [comments]
  7. Assistance with technical issue of game not downloading.

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Assistance with technical issue of game not downloading.: I'm downloading Mortal Kombat 1 for Xbox Series X and when I first install it for the first time, it stops, I managed to get to 60gb after changing disc 1 to disc 2 as there are 2 disc's and...
  8. So my account was charged for a game I didn't receive try contacting Xbox technical support...

in XBoX Accessibility
    So my account was charged for a game I didn't receive try contacting Xbox technical support...: So my account was charged for a game I didn't receive I tried contacting technical support but no help can anyone assist please b29c4129-716d-4f85-afaa-780a3d713171
  9. Subject: Urgent - Redfall's Disappointing Launch and Technical Issues

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Subject: Urgent - Redfall's Disappointing Launch and Technical Issues: Dear Arkane Austin and Bethesda Softworks Team, I hope this post finds you well. I am writing to express my profound disappointment and frustration with the recent launch of Redfall, a highly...
  10. Hi, this isn't much of a technical issue, but can someone please try and hook me up with a...

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Hi, this isn't much of a technical issue, but can someone please try and hook me up with a...: Hello, this isn't much of a technical issue at all but can someone try and hook me up with a sea of thieves developer? I just really want to send my feedback but i'm not sure if they can actually...