Tax when buying games

Discus and support Tax when buying games in XBoX Games and Apps to solve the problem; does anyone know the amount of tax added when you buy games on Microsoft store ? like Minecraft or is it depends on yours state tax rate?... Discussion in 'XBoX Games and Apps' started by Tankser, Nov 20, 2021.

1. Tankser
    Tankser Guest

Tax when buying games

does anyone know the amount of tax added when you buy games on Microsoft store ? like Minecraft or is it depends on yours state tax rate?

:)

Tankser, Nov 20, 2021
  2. Smwutches Win User

Tax when buying games

It depends on your state's tax rate.
  3. dibella360 Win User

The Double Scam

On psn, when I buy the gift cards, they are tax free.... instead, I get taxed when I buy an item
  4. ngocphi Win User

Microsoft points change

No taxes on ms points

Or currency you get the exact Mount you buy

When you buy content the taxes are built into the ms points price listed not the gift card you purchased

So if you bought a game for 1600 ms points in Canada you need to buy 1400 ms points plus another 1400 ms points

Taxes are not included on gift cards. However when buying prepaid seasons pass you are just buying enough currency to cover the tax and dlc to buy what you need it is a convenient feature

You aren't being double taxed
  5. KirsiKitten Win User

New payment for things

Technically it IS double taxing..

Option 1) You buy Game A or Game A DLC card at Gamestop

>You give money, you pay taxes once

Option 2) You buy Microsoft points/add money to your account

>You get taxed on it

You then go to buy the game/dlc you want on the marketplace

>You get taxed AGAIN

Just saying, that is Double Taxing from my PoV...

Thankfully I live in Oregon, so the only pesky taxes are the ones that come out of my paycheck when I get it.
  6. SwordofWhedon Win User

Giftcard tax

There are no taxes when you buy a gift card, only when you use the money on it. If there is sales tax in your area, you will be charged that tax when you make a purchase
Thema:

Tax when buying games

1. Tax when buying games - Similar Threads - Tax buying games

2. Hello.! i want to ask how much does minecraft cost with tax in iraq

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Hello.! i want to ask how much does minecraft cost with tax in iraq: Hello.! i want to ask how much does minecraft cost 50ec5ebf-ab9a-486c-8ff0-dcfa8aa7a64e
  3. Sales Tax

in XBoX Accessibility
    Sales Tax: I live in a state without sales tax. Why am I being charged a sales tax when I try to buy a game? b4a9376b-17ab-464b-88c4-d95fc9045fd6
  4. I was just charged tax on my x box ultimate gift card of 54.99 why is that

in XBoX on Consoles
    I was just charged tax on my x box ultimate gift card of 54.99 why is that: Why am I being charged tax now on my ultimate gift cards now at stores 04005eee-b5d9-43d6-a528-12a29b749ac7
  5. I have not recieved by EA FC 24 X Box Ultimate product code - just a Tax invoice from...

in XBoX Games and Apps
    I have not recieved by EA FC 24 X Box Ultimate product code - just a Tax invoice from...: I have not recieved by EA FC 24 X Box Ultimate product code - just a Tax invoice from microsoft - where can i get my code 020038f4-29fb-4447-ba40-d8be8836f4d0
  6. What does tax invoice mean

in XBoX on Consoles
    What does tax invoice mean: What does tac invoice mean 241664c0-51a0-4bef-9c0f-db81678ee03c
  7. What Is The Price Of Minecraft With Tax?

in XBoX Games and Apps
    What Is The Price Of Minecraft With Tax?: I'm Wondering What Is The Price Of Minecraft (Both Java And Bedrock Edition) With Tax? I Need to know because im getting a 30 Dollar Gift Card And If The Price Is Over 30 Bucks, Welp! I cant buy...
  8. I moved to a state with no sales tax but have sales tax with I try to buy something on the...

in XBoX on Windows
    I moved to a state with no sales tax but have sales tax with I try to buy something on the...: I want to know how I can change states I do not know how, I search it up and got know answers to it what do I do to fix it? c51fad57-5127-48ce-a1cd-4236f233b45d
  9. Can't buy game don;t know if tax is included ?

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Can't buy game don;t know if tax is included ?: Hello i'm tiring to buy Halo MCC form Games on demand i have 62.63 in my account but it keeps asking for more i don't know what to do help. BTW i Live in NC 7779b49d-3eb3-4f6a-a044-381be6418d67
  10. Do we need to pay tax on digital services when games we buy have tax on them

in XBoX on Consoles
    Do we need to pay tax on digital services when games we buy have tax on them: Joe Hockey Confirms He Wants Australians To Pay Tax On Steam Games Strengthening our taxation system | The Hon Joe Hockey Transcripts | The Hon Joe Hockey This is brought on by Joe Hockey...