TALL Dome Top Thumb Sticks for Elite Controller?

Discus and support TALL Dome Top Thumb Sticks for Elite Controller? in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; i just placed a order for the Elite Controller for the Xbox One and from my understanding it comes with 2 normal height concave sticks, 2 tall concave... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by BeKure, Jan 1, 2016.

1. BeKure
    BeKure Guest

i just placed a order for the Elite Controller for the Xbox One and from my understanding it comes with 2 normal height concave sticks, 2 tall concave sticks, and 2 normal height dome top sticks. My controller is scheduled to be delivered on Monday so my
    question is for those how already own the controller. Does it come with 2 TALL dome top sticks as well?

Thanks in advance..

:)

BeKure, Jan 1, 2016
  2. Do small thumb sticks on the Elite controller make for better FPS control? Former PC gamer here

Hi there,

The Elite Controller comes with 3 sets of thumb sticks - 2 standard size (same size as the controller that comes with the console-physically checked them against my controllers), 2 taller ones, and 2 domed ones (which seem more like a middle height between
    the tall and the standard size thumb sticks).

I hope that helps.

Mistress Sara, Jan 1, 2016
  3. Xbox Elite Controller is the best addition to gaming this year

I would like one for the dome tops. I would put the dome top on the left stick for many games that have you constantly pushing forward to move. Over time the standard sticks start to hurt my left thumb. I play a lot however. Im sure under just normal play time and this issue doesnt pop up.

ImDarkwingDuck, Jan 1, 2016
  4. pkvas
    pkvas Guest

Only has 3 options I would say 2 of them are tall

pkvas, Jan 1, 2016
  5. Actually, the "normal" height, which is the height of the std controller, is the shortest. You get 3 sets. 1 short (normal height) concaved. 1 middle height domed. 1 tall concaved. I actually wish they made the tops interchangeable. I have small hands.
    I'd prefer to use domed sticks, but the middle height sticks are too tall for me to use comfortably.

A Blue Illusion, Jan 1, 2016
  6. BeKure
    BeKure Guest
    That was helpful. Thanks for the clarification.

BeKure, Jan 1, 2016
  7. Blue, so 'One size' does not fit all.

Now imagine that by a factor of 10 PLUS and you'll better understand my concerns. Which may be solved with a Flightstick type of wireless controller. But the way MS sees it is. And believe me I contacted them about it. Is..

If they don't get any royalities from it, then it ain't happening!

ElectroFlying, Jan 1, 2016
  8. TALL Dome Top Thumb Sticks for Elite Controller?

Sorry for the long post.

First off Electro... isn't this a discussion that was happening in a different thread? If you're looking to prove your point, I believe my response in the other thread pretty much implies I got your point. I believe I even wished you luck and suggested going
    with your 3rd party solution as your best option... yet for some reason you want to keep hammering on it in here.

You can be as angry as you want about it and bring it up all you like, but "royalties" or no... they're in business to make money, not cater to niche markets. Unless the niche market is large enough to turn a profit for them. That's how business works, for
    better or worse.

"One size fits all" is a common approach and it certainly isn't without flaws. There will always be some who just can't 'make it fit'... that should go without saying. I never said I didn't get that.

Now I'll make my main point. One I doubt you'll give much credit if you do read it. Who knows though. If you don't, maybe someone else will.

You aren't the only one here that has special circumstances. Please look at my prior post again. I mentioned one thing I wish they'd done, for a fairly common reason (small hands). That would've been just enough for me to deal with other issues a bit easier.
    But it's what I did not say, or do, that I feel makes my point perfectly clear.

I did not berate or belittle MS for failing my expectations. They did a great job with this controller IMO.

I did not demand they do something about this "issue" because I understand the issue begins with my situation, not their product.

I did not mention that, in addition to having small hands, I also have slight neuropathy in them, which can cause issues.

I did not mention that some of the medications I take for yet another condition can (and does) cause intermittent hand tremors.

I did not mention that I wish they'd made a few more options in the 'deadzone' adjustment that would've made ^this have a lesser impact when it happens.

I did not complain and/or curse because I had to spend more money on top of the hundreds I already spent, in order to get a controller that would better suit my needs.

I did not whine because they didn't make this expensive controller exactly the way I wanted it.

I did not accuse them of being greedy, corporate monsters because they didn't take my needs into consideration when they made this controller.

That's because I realize my specific preferences... and in some cases, needs, are not common enough to be addressed in the "One size fits all" aspect.

What will I do then? I will continue to use the controller and I will do my best to adapt. I will, if it becomes necessary, go to a gaming store and purchase a set of domed caps for the short sticks... and I will do so without complaining all over
    the web that I had to spend more money on top of the $150 it already cost, just to get my controller to work just the way I like it. I will do this because I enjoy my gaming and that makes it worth doing what I need to do, in order to keep gaming. I'll have
    fun doing it, without letting some inconveniences and special circumstances get in the way.

If anyone did bother to read this to the end, I honestly want to say that this isn't a New Year's resolution. It's something I try my best to do all year. With no disrespect intended, I truly hope some will make it a resolution... and no... I'm really not
    thinking anyone in particular.

A Blue Illusion, Jan 2, 2016
  9. Simple. 1st party does not make flightstick controllers. 3rd party does make USB Flightstick controllers, but MS don't get any kickbacks so you're not premitted to use them.

Sure, we discussed this in another thread, after reading this one. Like you I commented.

'Adapt.' Sure, but their is always that urge to go beyond and maybe, just maybe. Overcome physical inabilities while also shooting for perfection.

I won't hit on your other points, but I will say this. You're a respected commentor in my book, but that don't mean I agree with you. Just that you're well versed with a gift for putting your thoughts to text.

Have a nice day!

ElectroFlying, Oct 31, 2018
  10. A Blue Illusion Win User

Sorry for the long post.

First off Electro... isn't this a discussion that was happening in a different thread? If you're looking to prove your point, I believe my response in the other thread pretty much implies I got your point. I believe I even wished you luck and suggested going
    with your 3rd party solution as your best option... yet for some reason you want to keep hammering on it in here.

You can be as angry as you want about it and bring it up all you like, but "royalties" or no... they're in business to make money, not cater to niche markets. Unless the niche market is large enough to turn a profit for them. That's how business works, for
    better or worse.

"One size fits all" is a common approach and it certainly isn't without flaws. There will always be some who just can't 'make it fit'... that should go without saying. I never said I didn't get that.

Now I'll make my main point. One I doubt you'll give much credit if you do read it. Who knows though. If you don't, maybe someone else will.

You aren't the only one here that has special circumstances. Please look at my prior post again. I mentioned one thing I wish they'd done, for a fairly common reason (small hands). That would've been just enough for me to deal with other issues a bit easier.
    But it's what I did not say, or do, that I feel makes my point perfectly clear.

I did not berate or belittle MS for failing my expectations. They did a great job with this controller IMO.

I did not demand they do something about this "issue" because I understand the issue begins with my situation, not their product.

I did not mention that, in addition to having small hands, I also have slight neuropathy in them, which can cause issues.

I did not mention that some of the medications I take for yet another condition can (and does) cause intermittent hand tremors.

I did not mention that I wish they'd made a few more options in the 'deadzone' adjustment that would've made ^this have a lesser impact when it happens.

I did not complain and/or curse because I had to spend more money on top of the hundreds I already spent, in order to get a controller that would better suit my needs.

I did not whine because they didn't make this expensive controller exactly the way I wanted it.

I did not accuse them of being greedy, corporate monsters because they didn't take my needs into consideration when they made this controller.

That's because I realize my specific preferences... and in some cases, needs, are not common enough to be addressed in the "One size fits all" aspect.

What will I do then? I will continue to use the controller and I will do my best to adapt. I will, if it becomes necessary, go to a gaming store and purchase a set of domed caps for the short sticks... and I will do so without complaining all over
    the web that I had to spend more money on top of the $150 it already cost, just to get my controller to work just the way I like it. I will do this because I enjoy my gaming and that makes it worth doing what I need to do, in order to keep gaming. I'll have
    fun doing it, without letting some inconveniences and special circumstances get in the way.

If anyone did bother to read this to the end, I honestly want to say that this isn't a New Year's resolution. It's something I try my best to do all year. With no disrespect intended, I truly hope some will make it a resolution... and no... I'm really not
    thinking anyone in particular.
  11. ElectroFlying Win User

Simple. 1st party does not make flightstick controllers. 3rd party does make USB Flightstick controllers, but MS don't get any kickbacks so you're not premitted to use them.

Sure, we discussed this in another thread, after reading this one. Like you I commented.

'Adapt.' Sure, but their is always that urge to go beyond and maybe, just maybe. Overcome physical inabilities while also shooting for perfection.

I won't hit on your other points, but I will say this. You're a respected commentor in my book, but that don't mean I agree with you. Just that you're well versed with a gift for putting your thoughts to text.

Have a nice day!
  12. BeKure Win User

That was helpful. Thanks for the clarification.
  13. ElectroFlying Win User

Blue, so 'One size' does not fit all.

Now imagine that by a factor of 10 PLUS and you'll better understand my concerns. Which may be solved with a Flightstick type of wireless controller. But the way MS sees it is. And believe me I contacted them about it. Is..

If they don't get any royalities from it, then it ain't happening!
  14. A Blue Illusion Win User

Actually, the "normal" height, which is the height of the std controller, is the shortest. You get 3 sets. 1 short (normal height) concaved. 1 middle height domed. 1 tall concaved. I actually wish they made the tops interchangeable. I have small hands.
    I'd prefer to use domed sticks, but the middle height sticks are too tall for me to use comfortably.
Thema:

1. TALL Dome Top Thumb Sticks for Elite Controller? - Similar Threads - TALL Dome Top

2. How tall is a Xbox wireless controller?

in XBoX on Consoles
    How tall is a Xbox wireless controller?: How tall is a wireless Xbox series X or S controller? 1114a6a2-8d28-4b50-bf7d-491b533abcf5
  3. l cannot ins tall xbox app

in XBoX Games and Apps
    l cannot ins tall xbox app: l tryed the powershel l restarted l waited 1 day but it wont install 3c133347-9a58-42a5-a9bf-dde678d6c369
  4. Tall picture in gta v

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Tall picture in gta v: when i play gta v on xbox one picture is taller than wider and it looks weird on cars.nothing helps me with it tv resolution or tv settings . please help it's really annoying...
  5. Hosting survival stream tonight battle dome. Random seed need a few to play with add dapstur

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Hosting survival stream tonight battle dome. Random seed need a few to play with add dapstur: I need help creating the dome out of glass so we can get this thing going ill most likely get like a small map generated and put from spawn 500 blocks each way ill need to put a obsidian divider...
  6. Black dome/Broken Vault 111

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Black dome/Broken Vault 111: The new 1.4 patch was released, the other day for the Xbox , and just to let everybody know they did not fix the Black Dome problem over the Vault 111. It's still there. I just hope any of the new...
  7. Tall building glitch?

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Tall building glitch?: hi just wondered if any one else has experienced this or know if there is any fix on the way. I recently moved my Xbox 360 save over to the Xbox One. Before doing this I had began a spiral...
  8. Battle Dome, Capture the Flag, Hunger Games and more, READ.

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Battle Dome, Capture the Flag, Hunger Games and more, READ.: Hi all, i just started playing online and want people to play online xbox version with, i have a friend but with just me and her its not that fun doing 1v1 battle dome. Post your Gamertag here and...
  9. creature slaughter dome.

in XBoX Games and Apps
    creature slaughter dome.: need someone to open the creature slaughter dome for me and amybe someone to play with to. im on most of the time so basically just message me whenever. thanks d257704f-303e-4f87-8787-455098f3c131
  10. Xbox controllers discriminate the big and tall

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox controllers discriminate the big and tall: Dear Microsoft, I can't sit idly by and continue to be disappointed with this controller. I am 6'5" and have huge hands. You controllers cramp my hands, slip constantly, and I am constantly...