System won't connect to the internet

Discus and support System won't connect to the internet in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; My Xbox One will not connect to the internet. When I try to connect and do the connection test I keep getting the error: 0x80a40015 yet the Xbox... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by ViralMilk7, Dec 29, 2015.

1. ViralMilk7
    ViralMilk7 Guest

My Xbox One will not connect to the internet. When I try to connect and do the connection test I keep getting the error: 0x80a40015 yet the Xbox website does not recognize the error. Can anybody help me?

:)

ViralMilk7, Dec 29, 2015
  2. 3F4A-0000-0080-0300-8007-000F

It tells me to update my system, yet when I click yes I get this message. It connects to the internet but won't connect to xbox live

TenuredAtol9290, Dec 29, 2015
  3. Xbox won't connect to internet

Try opening up Edge and browsing the internet on the Xbox, this should add your xbox to the router and allow it to access the internet.

DIPDIP0TAT0CH1P, Dec 29, 2015
  4. SeanD1972FTW
    SeanD1972FTW Guest

ViralMilk7 the Xbox One eats up so much bandwidth and it is really beginning to tick me off. What is your internet download and upload speed? Also are you behind a router and if so have you tried opening the various ports that are recommended to be open?

SeanD1972FTW, Dec 29, 2015
  5. SeanD1972FTW
    SeanD1972FTW Guest
    Bimnog I have used it wired and wireless and because you can't limit download speed with it well if you want to do anything else with your internet connection while using it well it is a pain in the butt. Yes I have gotten the Xbox One online but it sure
    uses more bandwidth automatically than the Xbox 360, PS3 and pcs of mine.

SeanD1972FTW, Jan 25, 2016
  6. Hordie
    Hordie Guest
    Hi SeanD.

Did you have a question that you needed assistance with? If so please create a new thread as you comment looks a bit different than what the OP posted. Also, the OP has not posted back and has likely already found their answer. Thanks for the post, however
    I would suggest helping people with newer issues rather than threads that are a bit older System won't connect to the internet :)

Hordie, Oct 31, 2018
  7. Slantsfan Win User

How to get pc to recognize 360 for xbox live.

Ah, yes. I am familiar with internet connection sharing and network bridging. But my pc won't actually recognize my 360 as a network. I open my network connections and there is no port or connection for the game system. I have the internet source recognized,
    but not the other half of the issue.
  8. cwils24 Win User

All of the internet in my house is fine but my xbox won't connect to the network. It is a wired network

My internet in the house works fine on everything except my xbox, it won't connect to the internet i have tried everything on the site, could it be that my xbox is broken? it picks up the network I'm trying to connect but won't connect
  9. Spuncraz Win User

Wireless works but Xbox wont connect

I am having the same issues my friend. Worked last night, doesn't today. Laptop, smartphone etc are all connected and working fine. It's not even a problem with Live itself as you stated. The system simply won't connect to the internet after successfully
    connecting to my network. Total BS.
  10. Mister Cizl Win User

connected to online but won't connect to the internet

Hey HistoryFreak204! Are you using a wired connection or wireless? You can try

these
    steps to see if an offline update helps you get past that issue. Post back and let us know!

Xbox Forums Staff

Be sure to check out the Xbox Forum Guidelines for the Do's and Don'ts as well as the Xbox
    Insider Program Forums
    for help with Xbox Insider Program troubleshooting. Achievement issues? Check our sticky

HERE
    for the best info.
  11. SteveRoss1986 Win User

Connected to internet, but won't connect to Live

Checked and there doesn't seem to be an outage anymore. Still not working though.
Thema:

1. System won't connect to the internet - Similar Threads - System won't connect

2. My xbox one says there's a problem with the system update and it won't stay connected to...

in XBoX on Consoles
    My xbox one says there's a problem with the system update and it won't stay connected to...: I connect to the internet then it acts like it wants to do the update then it stops and says that there is a problem with the update and when I click try again it does nothing and this problem has...
  3. Xbox Series X won't finish the system update

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox Series X won't finish the system update: I've been trying to update my Series X since yesterday but every time I try to perform the update it gets to a certain point and then goes to the sorry something went wrong screen with the error...
  4. Series X after attempted System Update Failed Won't Factory Reset

in XBoX on Consoles
    Series X after attempted System Update Failed Won't Factory Reset: After attempting to install latest update on my Series X it no longer works, I'm currently out for warranty since it's a first Gen. Why am I required to pay $300 to repair something I did not...
  5. Forza won't start, I keep getting the system error -2143322098

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Forza won't start, I keep getting the system error -2143322098: I had problems downloading it because I couldn't change the save location. Now the error -2143322098 always comes up when starting. (I downloaded forza on D:\). 5891e70b-6616-4451-8d91-9821ad0a4bfc
  6. My Xbox One S was unplugged during a system update and won't turn on

in XBoX on Consoles
    My Xbox One S was unplugged during a system update and won't turn on: My Xbox One S was accidentally unplugged during a system update. When I click the power putton, it turns on and stays on, but no video shows up on the tv. Is there anything I can do or is it...
  7. Need Help Please, Stuck on System Update Screen & Won't Connect to Wi-Fi

in XboX Insiders
    Need Help Please, Stuck on System Update Screen & Won't Connect to Wi-Fi: [IMG] Hi, apologies if none of this makes sense or if I'm posting in the wrong place, I had never even switched on an Xbox before about 3 hours ago & Google brought me here. My son bought a...
  8. Xbox one live won't connect after system update

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Xbox one live won't connect after system update: Since an update was installed days ago I can no longer come t to Xbox live. Wifi is conmected and check say, "It's all good," but it still won't connect. No error code....
  9. System won't update and my controllers won't connect

in XBoX on Consoles
    System won't update and my controllers won't connect: My system won't update and when it tries to, my controllers disconnect. The only way I can do anything is to shut it off at the box. When I turn it back on, the update is no longer available. What...
  10. Controller won't connect until system restart

in XBoX on Consoles
    Controller won't connect until system restart: Lately I'm seeing this happen quite a lot. I have two XBOX One units and they both do it. I'll press the XBOX button to turn on the Unit and instead of that the controller light will just flash...