System Music Player plays songs in slow motion at random.

Discus and support System Music Player plays songs in slow motion at random. in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; My Xbox 360 has recently started playing music in "slow motion". This only happens in the System Music Player and is not caused by the location of the... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by Masamune3210, Dec 31, 2013.

1. Masamune3210
    Masamune3210 Guest

My Xbox 360 has recently started playing music in "slow motion". This only happens in the System Music Player and is not caused by the location of the music as it happens when playing music off of my iPod Nano and when streaming music from the computers
    on my network.

Any help would be greatly appreaceted as this problem has made it almost impossible to listen to music on my Xbox without having to skip to the next song when the glitch inevetiably occurs.

:)

Masamune3210, Dec 31, 2013
  2. DavidES
    DavidES Guest
    Xbox music only plays 30 seconds on Xbox 360 but full songs on PC

On my Xbox 360, the Xbox Music app only plays 30 seconds of songs, but on my PC, the Xbox Music app plays full songs. Why can I play full songs on the PC but only 30 seconds on the Xbox?

DavidES, Dec 31, 2013
  3. Smartglass and Music: SmartDJ?

That only plays the current SmartDJ song. That was my impression from the demos as well but it's falling pretty short of the promise if I can only play one song at a time from Win 8 Music -> Xbox 360 Music. Essentially useless.

im.thatoneguy, Dec 31, 2013
  4. SchecterD6
    SchecterD6 Guest

I'm having this same issue and hoping someone provides a fix at some point. It's pissing me off.

SchecterD6, Jan 14, 2014
  5. Radical924
    Radical924 Guest
    Me too... I just tried to listening to some music and 4 songs in a row were in slow-mo... I would like a fix as well.

Radical924, Sep 6, 2014
  6. Zniper Alpha
    Zniper Alpha Guest
    I'm having this exact same issue. I have an external Hard Drive connected to my Home Network so that I can stream music from it on both my PS3 and Xbox 360.

Only the 360 is having this problem with playing music in slow motion. I also noticed that only the Hip-Hop songs I tried to play were slow, the heavy metal and rock songs worked fine for some reason.

Zniper Alpha, Sep 9, 2014
  7. Three of my 10k songs actually pull this stunt. Its weird. If I play them off the external hard drive its fine. So it is a networking problem

ro4drunner318, Aug 1, 2015
  8. Irixion
    Irixion Guest

Do people check the date on these things? Could be encoding, the version of the song, or network problems. Could be anything.

Irixion, Aug 1, 2015
  9. Masamune3210
    Masamune3210 Guest
    Necro-ing a post is welcome when the answer is still not found, especially since the system emails everybody the responses. Don't think its an encoding issue, i think its a speed issue having to due with either the pc not encoding the media fast enough or
    the data rate being too slow for the 360 to keep a steady pace decoding the file. all three causes of the problem are fixed by the same thing. put a cache between the converter and the decoder and the problems disappear. Unfortunately not something the everyday
    person can do since it would involve the source code to either the converter or the 360 OS, both of which are propitiatory to Microsoft and closed-source

Masamune3210, Oct 31, 2018
  10. Irixion Win User

Do people check the date on these things? Could be encoding, the version of the song, or network problems. Could be anything.
  11. Masamune3210 Win User

Necro-ing a post is welcome when the answer is still not found, especially since the system emails everybody the responses. Don't think its an encoding issue, i think its a speed issue having to due with either the pc not encoding the media fast enough or
    the data rate being too slow for the 360 to keep a steady pace decoding the file. all three causes of the problem are fixed by the same thing. put a cache between the converter and the decoder and the problems disappear. Unfortunately not something the everyday
    person can do since it would involve the source code to either the converter or the 360 OS, both of which are propitiatory to Microsoft and closed-source
  12. ro4drunner318 Win User

Three of my 10k songs actually pull this stunt. Its weird. If I play them off the external hard drive its fine. So it is a networking problem
  13. Zniper Alpha Win User

I'm having this exact same issue. I have an external Hard Drive connected to my Home Network so that I can stream music from it on both my PS3 and Xbox 360.

Only the 360 is having this problem with playing music in slow motion. I also noticed that only the Hip-Hop songs I tried to play were slow, the heavy metal and rock songs worked fine for some reason.
  14. SchecterD6 Win User

I'm having this same issue and hoping someone provides a fix at some point. It's pissing me off.
Thema:

1. System Music Player plays songs in slow motion at random. - Similar Threads - System Music Player

2. Xbox rewards app, says to update console location. I live in UK and system is set for UK

in XBoX on Windows
    Xbox rewards app, says to update console location. I live in UK and system is set for UK: Everytime I try to use xbox rewards app, it says to update consoles location. I live in UK and system is set to UK. I've lost a 50 week streak due to this fault, been like this for 5 days now...
  3. Warranty incorrectly expired on the system

in XBoX on Consoles
    Warranty incorrectly expired on the system: Hello. Appreciate if someone can advise me. i am from South Africa. I purchased an xbix controller on the 30 April 2023 with a 1 year warranty. It was suppose to be expiring in the 30 April...
  4. need help understanding, the way strikes work and fairness of the system . of a years...

in XBoX on Windows
    need help understanding, the way strikes work and fairness of the system . of a years...: I understand it is not easy to or may be impossible to alter the outcome, but I would appreciate some guidance. I'm a support worker caring for a young person who has been issued a year-long...
  5. What do I do when my controller turns on and stays on but the system is is completely...

in XBoX on Consoles
    What do I do when my controller turns on and stays on but the system is is completely...: This is the first time this has happened to me so I searched up a solution online and every thing I saw involved being able to go into the settings app and the power off/restart menu which I...
  6. Cannot log into any account on XBox Series S after system update March 2024

in XBoX on Consoles
    Cannot log into any account on XBox Series S after system update March 2024: Last week (around March 19th) when I turned on my XBox, I had a message that I needed to perform a system update. I performed that without issue. Since then, however, no account can log in. I just...
  7. My xbox one says there's a problem with the system update and it won't stay connected to...

in XBoX on Consoles
    My xbox one says there's a problem with the system update and it won't stay connected to...: I connect to the internet then it acts like it wants to do the update then it stops and says that there is a problem with the update and when I click try again it does nothing and this problem has...
  8. System error E102 on Xbox One S

in XBoX on Consoles
    System error E102 on Xbox One S: I turn on my xbox and saw System error E102 it tried to update but didn't fully do it and now I can't get it of my troubleshooting page. I have tried restarting UT, resetting it, and tried to...
  9. Doing offline system update, console shut down as expected. It's been 15min and hasn't...

in XBoX on Consoles
    Doing offline system update, console shut down as expected. It's been 15min and hasn't...: Was on step 2 at 57 percent complete c584bb00-39a9-48b1-af5f-a221cd4c2564
  10. System music player no longer finds my PC?

in XBoX Games and Apps
    System music player no longer finds my PC?: For the past few years I've been streaming music from my PC to my Xbox 360 with no issues;via my Zune software. As far as I can tell, nothing has changed, minus the fact I'm no longer able to find...