System/game audio through headset

Discus and support System/game audio through headset in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; Hi, I am trying to get system/game audio from my Xbox Series X through a pair of earphones by connecting them through the 3.5mm jack into the xbox... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by AadilPopat, Aug 19, 2022.

1. AadilPopat
    AadilPopat Guest

Hi, I am trying to get system/game audio from my Xbox Series X through a pair of earphones by connecting them through the 3.5mm jack into the xbox elite controller (gen 1). I have changed the settings in the volume and audio output setting for my headset to stereo uncompressed, and checked the audio volume settings via the quick menu but I am still not hearing anything through the earphones.

The earphones work on other devices, just not on the Xbox, can anyone help?

:)

AadilPopat, Aug 19, 2022
  2. MisterFizzle Win User

Head phone

Hey RedFoxx,

You are correct. The headset is just for chat audio, it does not play game or system audio through that earpiece.
  3. Francia J. Win User

Hi AadilPopat, I hope you're doing great despite the issue you're experiencing. I am an Independent advisor and I am here to help you in regard to your concern.

It can be an issue with the controller itself. Have you tried to use a different controller?

Also, if there is no other controller that we can use, you can try to update the controller and check if that will fix the issue:

"1. Press the Xbox button to open the guide, select Profile & system > Settings > Devices & streaming > Accessories, and then select the controller you want to update.

2. On the Xbox Wireless Controller screen, select “…” to check the firmware version for your controller.

3. If it says “Update,” select Firmware version, and then follow the steps provided."
  4. XBF John Win User

Unable to use chat headset and HDMI surround sound on OneX and SeriesX

Thank you. And to be clear so that I can make sure I am understanding correctly, the behavior you're expecting is that when plugging in a mono headset it is for not just chat but to pass game and chat audio to the headset? or is the mono headset only meant to pass chat while the surround sound system continues to cast game and console audio and is switching the TV/Surround sound audio from its settings? Thus when unplugging the surround sound system works as intended but does not work as intended when a mono headset is plugged in.

With the sony headset are you trying to pass all sound through the headset? or through the headset and the surround sound system?

Thanks,

John
  5. Kirito Vocals Win User

How do I setup hdmi with xbox 360 e and turtle beaches x12?

I just now figured this out. The audio plug from the x12's that you plug into the audio cable slot? (Red and white). Dont do that. Just plug the headset's audio cable (green) into the system its self and you can hear the game through your headset
  6. jcsheehan Win User

the newer 3.5mm controller

The chat headset is designed to only give you chat audio, and leave game audio coming through your television.

Any other headset will give you both game and chat audio through the headset, whether you use the new controller or the older version with the headset adapter.
Thema:

1. System/game audio through headset - Similar Threads - System game audio

2. Gaming Lagging after System Reset

in XBoX on Windows
    Gaming Lagging after System Reset: I recently factory reset my computer and windows. Prior to this reset I was able to run games at 120+ fps with almost no issues other than the occasional blue screen. Now however, my games run...
  3. game helper file system error (-2015294512)

in XBoX Games and Apps
    game helper file system error (-2015294512): While installing minecraft, it wont launch because of this, any manual way of downlaoding it? 5ae8f7b1-a863-4ea8-ae4e-28193aa5e17f
  4. my xbox series s, won’t play game sound. And by that I mean it will play system audio, like...

in XBoX on Consoles
    my xbox series s, won’t play game sound. And by that I mean it will play system audio, like...: brand new series s. audio on home screen works (button click sounds and such) when a game is started no audio from tv. seems to be sporadic. no game audio for halo or starwars battlefront, but...
  5. my xbox game bar system audio is not recording when i clip, but my mic does. help?

in XBoX Games and Apps
    my xbox game bar system audio is not recording when i clip, but my mic does. help?: Hi there, I've done so much research on how to fix this problem, and I've done everything I could to fix why my system audio isn't working when I clip. I have absolutely EVERY audio setting...
  6. Series S controller only works with party chat and no game/system audio can be heard.

in XboX Insiders
    Series S controller only works with party chat and no game/system audio can be heard.: Basically, I’m having an issue where when headphones are connected to my Controller, I can’t hear game/system audio but I have no problem talking to my friends. I don’t know what to try as I tried...
  7. Game FUSER has a solution to fix audio delay, why not adding that to system menus dear devs ?

in XboX Insiders
    Game FUSER has a solution to fix audio delay, why not adding that to system menus dear devs ?: [IMG] submitted by /u/CNCG [link] [comments]
  8. Turtle beach 800x no system/game audio *voice chat works

in XBoX on Consoles
    Turtle beach 800x no system/game audio *voice chat works: Hello everyone! I'm having an issue with said headset. I have re-paired headset, reset headset rebooted Xbox. I can get system/game sound when I have the optical cable from xbox to the...
  9. No in game audio after latest system update (feb/2019)

in XBoX on Consoles
    No in game audio after latest system update (feb/2019): Hi, I have an LG SJ9 Dolby Atmos soundbar and it was working fine before the latest patch (02/12/2019). All games and the dashboard sounded fine. Now it has sound only with the dashboard and...
  10. Xbox One Stereo Headset (and possibly chat headset)- I can hear Game & System Audio but ...

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox One Stereo Headset (and possibly chat headset)- I can hear Game & System Audio but ...: The Subject is self explanatory of my issue. To get in specifics, here is what I tried: First off, I used the Chat Headset that shipped with my console for over 2 years. The mic started to not...