Syncing saved game data issue.

Discus and support Syncing saved game data issue. in XBoX Games and Apps to solve the problem; I have a Xbox One X. I have had an error code pop up the last few days while trying to play certain games. Such as Skyrim, Forza Horizon 4. The code is... Discussion in 'XBoX Games and Apps' started by JakeCarlson1, Sep 7, 2021.

1. JakeCarlson1
    JakeCarlson1 Guest

I have a Xbox One X. I have had an error code pop up the last few days while trying to play certain games. Such as Skyrim, Forza Horizon 4. The code is (0x80831002) it says something like “ you need to sync your last saved game data”. I have reset my console and did a few restarts. and took all my games off the internal storage on to my ex. Drive to see if it would help. It didn’t the code is still popping up. It wouldn’t come up for about 30 minutes into a game and then it would pop up again. Plus, the Xbox feels a bit sluggish when it syncs right when I start a game from just restarting my Xbox. It gets to about 87% everytime then sits there for a minute then just suddenly not finishes. So I feel like it doesn’t really finish syncing but let’s me play for a few minutes then tells me to sync? I really don’t know what this could be caused from. I was wondering if anyone knew what a fix I could do at home would be.

Thanks.

:)

JakeCarlson1, Sep 7, 2021
  2. _Kenny_ Win User

Game save data for Starfield on Cloud gaming

To start, I would recommend checking if your Xbox Live account is properly synced with your game save data. You can do this by going to the "Settings" menu on your Xbox console, selecting "System," and then "Storage." From there, you can check if your game save data is properly synced with your Xbox Live account.

If your game save data is not properly synced, you can try manually syncing it by going to the "Manage Game & Add-ons" option for Starfield and selecting "Saved Data." From there, you can select "Sync Now" to manually sync your game save data with your Xbox Live account.

Kind regards,

Mae Sev.

Microsoft Community Moderator
    There is no "Sync Now" option. At least not on my xbox.

It would be great if there was a fix for this issue as i have lost almost 50 hours progress and Sync issues still persist. For the record I have 1gb Internet speed with 0 issues. As suggested elsewhere I check my network connection and xbox reports all is good and no problems with any other game nor cloud gaming.
  3. JakeCarlson1 Win User

Hi there Francia. Thank you for the reply Will delete in game saved data? When I do this action?

Thank you.

Jake
  4. JakeCarlson1 Win User

I did what you told me to do. It was working fine for a few days. And probably not even 5 mins ago it popped up again. I really do not know what I need to do. I am wondering what your insight would be?

Many thanks.

- Jake
  5. Francia J. Win User

Hi, I hope you're doing great out there despite the issue that you're experiencing. I am an Independent advisor and I am here to help you in regards to your concern.

It’s possible that the local save for your game has become corrupted. If so, deleting the local save and re-syncing with the cloud might correct the problem.

First, delete the local save:

1. Press the Xbox button to open the guide and then select My games & apps > See all > Games.

2. Highlight the game title, and then press the Menu button on your controller.

3. Select Manage game & add-ons > Saved data.

4. Select Delete all to remove the local save of this game.

5. Select Delete all again to confirm.

After you delete the local save, restart your Xbox One console:

1. Press and hold the Xbox button in the center of your Xbox One controller to open the Power Center.

2. Select Restart console.

3. Select Restart.

After you restart your Xbox One console, re-sync your saved games to the cloud. Your saved games are automatically stored in the cloud while you’re connected to Xbox Live.

Before performing the steps make sure that you played the game online before to ensure that the saved games are on your cloud.
  6. Francia J. Win User

How do I get my Gears Of War 3 stats back

The saved data may have been overwritten already which means that re-syncing the game data will just sync the latest save.
Thema:

1. Syncing saved game data issue. - Similar Threads - Syncing saved game

2. Can I recover a save I deleted on my Xbox? I beat a game it was 100% synced and I...

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Can I recover a save I deleted on my Xbox? I beat a game it was 100% synced and I...: I think this game is lost but I had Assasins Creed Black Flag synced 100% beat the whole thing but accidentally deleted the profile thinking it was my exes because it was in his name and now I'm...
  3. Sync saves Offline mode Game pass game in my Asus Rog Ally.

in XBoX on Consoles
    Sync saves Offline mode Game pass game in my Asus Rog Ally.: Hi I have a question about the sync and the xbox play anywhere. This is my problem, i played sea of the stars in the xbox app in my Asus Rog Ally, before i took a flight i activate the settings...
  4. Can I sync Overcooked 2 save files from Xbox Cloud to PC w/ game pass ultimate?

in XBoX Accessibility
    Can I sync Overcooked 2 save files from Xbox Cloud to PC w/ game pass ultimate?: Can I sync Overcooked 2 save files from Xbox Cloud to PC w/ game pass ultimate? 4d3db03a-7bb7-40fc-af19-2d009c10ab54
  5. Why is my Saved Games not Syncing Between Xbox Series X and Xbox PC

in XBoX on Consoles
    Why is my Saved Games not Syncing Between Xbox Series X and Xbox PC: Hi, So I have Starfield installed on both my PC and Xbox console. When I play on of my Xbox however my latest save is not there when I try to play on PC...I get the following message: another...
  6. FM2023 Game Pass Cloud Save Not Syncing

in XBoX on Consoles
    FM2023 Game Pass Cloud Save Not Syncing: Hello all, Having an issue with syncing cloud saves on the game pass version of FM2023. When I open the game on my Surface Pro 8, I get an error from the Xbox (not FM2023) saying that it's taking...
  7. Sync Problem: Game Saves not synced between Xbox One and Xbox Series S

in XBoX Accessibility
    Sync Problem: Game Saves not synced between Xbox One and Xbox Series S: Hi, I have the Game Pass and with it I got the Game "Medieval Dynasty" installed on 2 Devices Xbox One and Xbox Series S. My wife now played the Game on Xbox One, but the Game Saves are not...
  8. Fable II Loads in German on Xbox Cloud, Doesn't Sync My Last Save

in XBoX on Windows
    Fable II Loads in German on Xbox Cloud, Doesn't Sync My Last Save: So I go to load up Fable II, and lo and behold, it's in German, and nothing was synced, only allowing me to start a new game. I've made no changes to my language preferences, either in my Xbox...
  9. Unwanted game save sync from sons Xbox account to my Microsoft store PC account

in XBoX on Windows
    Unwanted game save sync from sons Xbox account to my Microsoft store PC account: So this might take a bit to explain. I don't own a xbox, my son does at his mums house. Due to xbox game pass currently being a great price for PC I decided to give it a go. My son had...
  10. Xbox Game Pass on PC : Force Cloud Save Sync

in XBoX on Windows
    Xbox Game Pass on PC : Force Cloud Save Sync: I have two PCs that I play on. I'm currently playing Outer Worlds. I'm having issues getting the save from one PC to sync to the other. Is there a way to force sync cloud saves? I'm not seeing the...