sync or power button don't work but disc does

Discus and support sync or power button don't work but disc does in XboX Insiders to solve the problem; The sync button and power button can be clicked on my xbox one s but they dont do anything the power button will light up when I turn it on with a... Discussion in 'XboX Insiders' started by /u/4horsecocks, Jan 8, 2023.

1. sync or power button don't work but disc does

The sync button and power button can be clicked on my xbox one s but they dont do anything the power button will light up when I turn it on with a controller and the disc button and tray work fine so anyone got any suggestions?

submitted by /u/4horsecocks
    [link] [comments]

/u/4horsecocks, Jan 8, 2023
  2. EggsBoxJuan Win User

update interrupted

Hi, could you try this please, remove any disc from the drive and power the console off, hold the sync button on the console in and power the console on keeping the sync button held in, it may take a little while but does the console then reach the dashboard
    ?
  3. ssperk Win User

XBOX WON'T TURN OFF

Unplug it or hold the power button down for 10 sec. If that doesn't work hold down the controler sync button power and disc eject while off to reset
  4. Amjamis Win User

My Xbox series S won't turn on.

The power button is not broken, my Xbox controller doesn't turn it on, but the cords look fine. Holding the power button does nothing, and holding sync and power button does nothing.
  5. EggsBoxJuan Win User

I cant get my sons xbox back to normal. I tried to set him up with xbox live got an maessage that cant read updte from storage, and now nothing works. he cant play his games i bought or watch dvds. need help, PLEASE and thank you. his remote wont work eith

Something else to try is remove any disc from the console and power it off, hold the sync button in on the console and power it on keeping the sync button held in, this should clear any failed update and may enable you to at least reach the dashboard.
  6. EggsBoxJuan Win User

Never ending "system update required" loop

Some people suggest holding the sync button in on the console and then powering the console on with the sync button held in, does this do anything to help you ?
Thema:

sync or power button don't work but disc does

1. sync or power button don't work but disc does - Similar Threads - sync power button

2. [XBO] Console doesn't power on unless I unplug everything and then hold the sync button?

in XBoX on Consoles
    [XBO] Console doesn't power on unless I unplug everything and then hold the sync button?: Been happening since my console updated and didn't start back up after a restart during the update 7d44bbf0-c127-48f6-8191-b67abafd8ba6
  3. Series X power and sync button issue

in XboX Insiders
    Series X power and sync button issue: Picked up my series x yesterday and I am having a few strange issues. First is that the console turns itself back on after holding xbox button down on controller then selecting turn off console....
  4. Xbox One s controller just blinks after turning on console, have to pull power plug to re-sync

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox One s controller just blinks after turning on console, have to pull power plug to re-sync: I have an xbox one s and have been having a lot of trouble with the controller staying synced. I have tried factory reset of console, plugging controllers in with usb to update, re syncing,...
  5. Need an option to put console into controller sync mode from guide/power menu

in XboX Insiders
    Need an option to put console into controller sync mode from guide/power menu: With the future of console streaming we'll be syncing our bluetooth controllers to our phones but then to use it on the console itself again we have to hit the sync button on the console and it...
  6. every time I power off my xbox one the controller loses sync

in XBoX on Consoles
    every time I power off my xbox one the controller loses sync: I'm tired of resyncing my controoleers after i power off my xboox one any clues how to fix this? 8fbffbd7-ce67-4f17-a5a5-33c94e376ac2
  7. Xbox has a functioning power button but no sync or eject comunication.

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox has a functioning power button but no sync or eject comunication.: For some reason my power button works but the eject button and wireless controller sync button do not work. I have taken the Xbox apart and the ribbon wire is perfectly fine so would it be a...
  8. November Update broke Elite Controller/Console Sync/Power On

in XBoX on Consoles
    November Update broke Elite Controller/Console Sync/Power On: After the November update, my controller no longer turns on my console. Even after manually turning on my console via the button, my controller will not sync and connect to my console. I must...
  9. November Update broke Elite Controller/Console Sync/Power On

in XBoX on Consoles
    November Update broke Elite Controller/Console Sync/Power On: After the November update, my controller no longer turns on my console. Even after manually turning on my console via the button, my controller will not sync and connect to my console. I must...
  10. Controllers wont power on system, if so, then won't sync

in XBoX on Consoles
    Controllers wont power on system, if so, then won't sync: Ive had my console since March and so far this has happened about 10 times to me. I take one of my 2 controllers and hold the Xbox button to power on the console, and it wont come on. xbox led...