Switching TV inputs

Discus and support Switching TV inputs in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; I want to be able to tell my xbox to do this. Thank you. 6f076072-0374-4fca-8560-3f584f7267a0 Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by Arbil, Dec 31, 2013.

1. Arbil
    Arbil Guest

Switching TV inputs

I want to be able to tell my xbox to do this. Thank you.

:)

Arbil, Dec 31, 2013
  2. X1 what are you looking fwd to the most?

Voice switching between game/netflix/tv. I find changing inputs and hunting for remotes REALLY annoying.

NameLipsKarem, Dec 31, 2013
  3. DarkSch666
    DarkSch666 Guest
    Not auto-switching to HDMI input source

TV is configured, all the stuff works (tests for mute, info). When configured, it turn on the TV correctly, but it doesn't switch to the console HDMI input source. In fact, if I switch manually, and then turn on the console, it return to TV source.

So I think it only sends the HDMI-CEC command for turn on TV, but not for switch input source. So if I am on console HDMI input source, it sends the turn on command, so the TV goes to the default source, the TV.

Please fix it. For media remote it would be good the auto-switching source feature, if not we need the TV remote for switching the input source.

DarkSch666, Dec 31, 2013
  4. Switching TV inputs

You cannot do this, but you can run something through the HDMI in and say "Xbox, Watch TV" to use it.

A Virtual Duck, Dec 31, 2013
  5. WolfSaviorZX
    WolfSaviorZX Guest
    Yeah but the lag makes it useless. I will say that my HDMI Switch works though it kinda sucks because the voice command is "Xbox Watch Channel" and that's it.. it's slow, doesn't work that often and end up just using the remote which let's me select what
    input I want.

WolfSaviorZX, Oct 31, 2018
  6. WolfSaviorZX Win User

Switching TV inputs

Yeah but the lag makes it useless. I will say that my HDMI Switch works though it kinda sucks because the voice command is "Xbox Watch Channel" and that's it.. it's slow, doesn't work that often and end up just using the remote which let's me select what
    input I want.
  7. A Virtual Duck Win User

Switching TV inputs

You cannot do this, but you can run something through the HDMI in and say "Xbox, Watch TV" to use it.
  8. Koop10010 Win User

Not auto-switching to HDMI input source

The Xbox One doesn't use HDMI-CEC. Everything simply uses infrared commands. So it's not going to automatically switch inputs to the right one. I suppose it could switch an input if the TV is already on and the code to power on the TV changes the input
    if the TV is already on.
  9. HackingSpartan8 Win User

Xbox One Randomly Turns On

Is the Xbox turning on at the same time that you are turning on your TV or switching inputs on your TV? My Samsung TV switches on my Xbox automatically.
  10. Nemie-D0BC59DF-DBA0- Win User

Newbie question: Switching back to television mode

Most hdtv's out there are going to have a source or input button on the tv and remote to allow you to switch between the different components you have things plugged into on the tv. Just shutting off the Xbox or tv doesn't take you ff of that component.
    Yes, unplugging the tv will switch it back, but using that input/source button on the tv or remote makes it much easier.
Thema:

Switching TV inputs

1. Switching TV inputs - Similar Threads - Switching inputs

2. Why does pressing the Xbox home button switch TV input?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Why does pressing the Xbox home button switch TV input?: So I am having issues with my Xbox Series X and it switching from the HDMI 4 input to HDMI 3 input whenever I press the Xbox home button. I have the Sony A95K, which is connected to a Denon...
  3. After last Xbox System Update can't switch receiver input to Xbox and have video

in XBoX on Consoles
    After last Xbox System Update can't switch receiver input to Xbox and have video: I have an XBox Series X Connected to a Denon Receiver and then to an LG OLED TV. I leave my XBox on all the time. Ever since the last system update last week, When I switch my receiver video...
  4. CEC Issue - Xbox Series X switches inputs on certain apps

in XboX Insiders
    CEC Issue - Xbox Series X switches inputs on certain apps: Hello everyone, I'm encountering a very annoying issues that I can't seemingly fix. My setup is as follows: Xbox > AV Receiver > Sony Projector When I navigate to certain applications (Disney,...
  5. Annoying Series S HDMI-CEC issues with input switching..

in XBoX on Consoles
    Annoying Series S HDMI-CEC issues with input switching..: So I have CEC enabled for turning on other devices when I turn the Series S on, so this will turn on my AVR and TV and I'm good to go. I also have it ticked to shutdown Series S when I turn the TV...
  6. Series S keeping switching Input back on my AV Receiver?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Series S keeping switching Input back on my AV Receiver?: So I just set it up running through my Pioneer AVR, both my PS5 and Switch will turn the AVR/TV on when I boot them and that's fine, great. Xbox does too. But the issue is, sometimes I need to...
  7. How can I switch to HDMI input on Windows 10 Monitor

in XBoX Games and Apps
    How can I switch to HDMI input on Windows 10 Monitor: My HDMI connect to my Windows 10 pc and from my PlayStation 4 isn’t showing. How can I switch to the HDMI ? 9d27afcf-5b0f-49fb-9e31-f4d32c4204ff
  8. Why doesn't headphone mode switch based on sound input format?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Why doesn't headphone mode switch based on sound input format?: Dolby Laboratories says Dolby headphone app works best with Dolby encoded movies on DVD, Blu-ray. 3d and 4k discs. They do not want to bother trying to decode DTS movies or lpcm movies. Same with...
  9. 'Switch TV input using controller' HDMI-CEC option turns TV on during Remote Play

in XboX Insiders
    'Switch TV input using controller' HDMI-CEC option turns TV on during Remote Play: I've reported this already via the 'Report a problem' feature in my Xbox Series X, but here goes again. Repro steps: 1. Enable the aforementioned HDMI-CEC feature. Restart the Xbox when prompted...
  10. 'Switch TV input using controller' HDMI-CEC option turns TV on during Remote Play

in XBoX on Consoles
    'Switch TV input using controller' HDMI-CEC option turns TV on during Remote Play: I've reported this already via the 'Report a problem' feature in my Xbox, but here goes again. Repro steps: 1. Enable the aforementioned HDMI-CEC feature. Restart the Xbox when prompted 2....