Switching profiles in Minecraft

Discus and support Switching profiles in Minecraft in XBoX Games and Apps to solve the problem; I have one xbox account and two kids profiles in the family. When I am setting up Minecraft on a new device, I don't seem able to switch to a different... Discussion in 'XBoX Games and Apps' started by CopperyTea, Apr 23, 2022.

1. CopperyTea
    CopperyTea Guest

I have one xbox account and two kids profiles in the family. When I am setting up Minecraft on a new device, I don't seem able to switch to a different profile. Changing account/gamertag only seems to still stay on one account. Is there a way to switch between profiles in Minecraft? I know i'm being dumb but not getting anywhere.

:)

CopperyTea, Apr 23, 2022
  2. Ricardo Lechuga Win User

Hi CopperyTea! My name is Ricardo an independent advisor ready to help you with this situation!

You must change the profile in the Xbox app or console companion app, and in the launcher it should change the account automatically, or you can press on the profile picture in the launcher and then log out and then log back, when the Xbox login appear with the previous profile you can select the Switch account button under the welcome back message
  3. Rostom L Win User

How to fix “Please ensure your online safety settings allow Multiplayer” for Minecraft

Thanks for that info. Can you please switch to a different Xbox Profile and try to play Minecraft in multiplayer? If it works on your other profile, switch back to your main account.
  4. Simone Capparelli Win User

how do i change my setings on minecraft on nintendo switch

5. jorden1506 Win User

Change Minecraft Dungeons to a different Microsoft account

If you try another Switch profile does that work to log in again? The sync on Switch is just for the achievements and online play as far as I know. So as long as the main Switch account owns the game other accounts on the Switch should be able to play with
    their own savefile and own MS account.

Hope this helps and enjoy Minecraft Dungeons :)
  6. CrafterCT Win User

minecraft on nintendo switch

Hello, did you find a fix for this?

I created a world on Minecraft for the switch but my sons user profiles cannot access it. They can join but only if my user profile logs in.

As you say, extremely frustrating!
Thema:

1. Switching profiles in Minecraft - Similar Threads - Switching profiles Minecraft

2. Game maps not switching back with profile change

in XBoX Accessibility
    Game maps not switching back with profile change: I have an xbox series x, and my gf has the series s. I recently logged her into my console to play her Way of the Hunter game, and when I signed her out, and myself back in, the game stays on her...
  3. Xbox elite 2 controller switching to default profile on its own

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox elite 2 controller switching to default profile on its own: My elite 2 controller has suddenly started doing this weird thing where the bumpers and profile switching button will stop working for a few seconds (weirdly other buttons still work), the...
  4. Switching xbox profiles?

in XBoX Accessibility
    Switching xbox profiles?: Hi! I have 2 Microsoft accounts setup - 1 for myself and 1 for my son. Somehow I linked his Xbox profile to my account and my Xbox profile to his account. We have been playing for some time and I...
  5. Can you switch saved game data between profiles?

in XBoX Accessibility
    Can you switch saved game data between profiles?: Dear Microsoft, My kids have extensive progress on several games On my my profile from when they were small. They have their own Profiles now. Is it possible to switch their save game progress...
  6. Why does my profile picture glitch when I switch accounts it makes my main accounts pfp my...

in XBoX Accessibility
    Why does my profile picture glitch when I switch accounts it makes my main accounts pfp my...: My pfp glitches everytime I switch accounts and puts my main accounts pfp on my 2nd account and I have to remove the account to fix it c31dc310-4ccb-44d7-ae4f-9746d9a8565b
  7. Switching profiles on an Xbox makes games crash

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Switching profiles on an Xbox makes games crash: My friend has an Xbox and Xbox Game Pass. I have an Xbox and Xbox Game Pass. When I’m at my friend’s place, they’ll turn on their Xbox, open a Game Pass game, and start playing. Then, I’ll...
  8. If I put a childs account on a shared Xbox, can that child switch to another profile or...

in XBoX Accessibility
    If I put a childs account on a shared Xbox, can that child switch to another profile or...: If I put a childs account on a shared Xbox, will that child be able to change profiles? Or will they have to enter a password in order to go from their account to the adult one?...
  9. How do I switch data from one game to a different profile

in XBoX on Consoles
    How do I switch data from one game to a different profile: I have a account I wanna switch my data from that account to my new account edac5ecb-58c4-48f4-8db4-6aa8858b82f0
  10. How can I sign into a child's profile of a Microsoft family account on Nintendo Switch...

in XBoX Accessibility
    How can I sign into a child's profile of a Microsoft family account on Nintendo Switch...: We have a family account, with one parent profile and two child profiles. I am trying to sign into one of the child profiles on Minecraft on Nintendo Switch. When I go through the process of...