Switching my Microsoft Account on my Gamertag

Discus and support Switching my Microsoft Account on my Gamertag in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; I realize there is no feature currently on the Xbox One that allows you to switch the Microsoft Account on your Gamertag. I am wondering if I am able... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by Sir Swatze, Jan 1, 2014.

1. Sir Swatze
    Sir Swatze Guest

I realize there is no feature currently on the Xbox One that allows you to switch the Microsoft Account on your Gamertag. I am wondering if I am able to do that through support services or if have to wait for the update.

:)

Sir Swatze, Jan 1, 2014
  2. thomo
    thomo Guest
    thomo, Jan 1, 2014
  3. StrategicMisfit, Jan 1, 2014
  4. Switching my Microsoft Account on my Gamertag

If you mean switch profiles you can do that pressing the Menu button on your controller then switch profile.

IngameInstincts, Jan 1, 2014
  5. Sir Swatze
    Sir Swatze Guest
    No, to switch the Microsoft account associated with my gamertag. The email you use to sign in with. I want to switch my email on this gamertag and you are only able to do that on the Xbox 360.

Sir Swatze, Jan 1, 2014
  6. Lt Sohn
    Lt Sohn Guest
    I am having the same issue, my gamertag is currently associated with my @live.com account and I would like to have it switched to my @outlook.com address, however I do not own a 360 anymore and I have no access to one, and I will not be buying one simply
    to make a switch of email addresses.

I find it odd that both the Wii-U and PS4 both allow you to change the email associated with their "gamertag" equivalent online with no issues.

I've already tried the customer support chat and all they do is refer me to the website which only tells you how to do it on a 360. This is really a gaping flaw in account management in my opinion, at minimum Microsoft should at least be facilitating over
    the phone changes through their customer support line until a solution is found and customers can make changes to their gamertag emails through their xbox one.

Lt Sohn, Jan 2, 2014
  7. I have the same issue! Its taken me a number of support chat sessions to qualify that I cannot change my gamertag to my current email address. I stopped using the email address that my active gamertag is assigned to many years ago. The address I want to
    move my active gamertag to already has a non used gamertag and I cannot delete it to make way for my active gamertag without access to my old Xbox 360 which I no longer own! Why this cannot be done over a webpage or via a verified phone call I do not know.

Does anyone know when there is likely to be a patch for the Xbox One to give the feature that is currently only available on the 360?

I want to do this because my xbox one headset is not working in online game sessions. Its to do with my privacy settings which are associated to my old 360 and I cannot change to xbox one without sorting out the above. If I am wrong about that I would love
    to know how to address my headset issue.

PACE with GRACE, Jan 3, 2014
  8. x24hrs2livex
    x24hrs2livex Guest

Go to http://account.live.com and login. Once logged in select Aliases and choose an email to be your primary alias. All emails will be sent to the new email address you choose.

x24hrs2livex, Jan 3, 2014
  9. I can't add the alias I want and make it primary because I already have an Microsoft Account (which I use also for work) using that email address so it won't let me. If I could delete the gamertag (which is not in use) against Micrsoft account that I want
    to use, I could port my prefered gamertag across but there is no way to do this unless you sign into an Xbox 360.

10. x24hrs2livex
    x24hrs2livex Guest
    So why not switch the alias on the gamertag you dont want? That should free up the email address

x24hrs2livex, Jan 3, 2014
  11. OK this is a good idea which I have implemented. It won't allow me to make the address I want the primary just yet as I have tried changing too many times in trying to resolve this so I need to wait a week but I can now sign in with the address I want.

12. x24hrs2livex
    x24hrs2livex Guest
    Ok well keep me updated in a week to let me know if it worked

x24hrs2livex, Oct 31, 2018
  13. StrategicMisfit Win User

How to Switch a Microsoft Account to a different Gamertag?

14. x24hrs2livex Win User

gamertag help

15. Sir KiKo and Co Win User

Unable to add a child account as a family member

16. maxen Win User

Changing my E-mail

17. Daft Badger Win User

changing my account to a new email?????

Thema:

1. Switching my Microsoft Account on my Gamertag - Similar Threads - Switching Microsoft Account

2. Microsoft sends me to Xbox account creation, when I'm trying to sign into my Nintendo Switch.

in XBoX on Consoles
    Microsoft sends me to Xbox account creation, when I'm trying to sign into my Nintendo Switch.: I am creating a Microsoft account in order to play on servers in Minecraft. The login webpage Microsoft sent me to is trying to make me an Xbox account, and I'm trying to get it onto my Switch....
  3. My microsoft account on minecraft switch

in XBoX Rewards & Social
    My microsoft account on minecraft switch: Hello, could I know why I am suspended from multiplayer and if not how long until it will no longer be suspended? 700b8bb1-a441-4bd7-a774-9a361a249259
  4. I have 2 gamertags on my microsoft account. How do I switch

in XBoX Accessibility
    I have 2 gamertags on my microsoft account. How do I switch: I have 2 gamertags help, how can I switch?? [img] 4bbd8758-f5da-4061-9ed6-b7a8ba804ef1
  5. Switching Microsoft account that is linked to a Minecraft Java Account

in XBoX Accessibility
    Switching Microsoft account that is linked to a Minecraft Java Account: when my daughter migrated her account we had switched her to my email, but i want to switch the microsoft account linked with her minecraft java account over to hers so i no longer get the emails...
  6. I cannot switch Microsoft account in Minecraft

in XBoX Accessibility
    I cannot switch Microsoft account in Minecraft: Problem: I cannot switch Microsoft account in Minecraft. When try switching to another account, windows prompted to enter the credential, after credential entered, push notification was success,...
  7. I don't know to link my nintendo switch minecraft dungeons to my microsoft account

in XBoX Accessibility
    I don't know to link my nintendo switch minecraft dungeons to my microsoft account: every time it just says to go microsoft.com/link with a code but the site doesn't come up e57ff827-b4e9-4068-93b6-62f1bbddb685
  8. Why does my Microsoft account not work on my Ps5 from switching from ps4?

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Why does my Microsoft account not work on my Ps5 from switching from ps4?: I have the ps4 version of Minecraft on my Ps5 from my old console/my ps account. I would expect my Microsoft account to transfer over my ps since it has done this for a previously owned Xbox and...
  9. I need help. I'm trying to connect to my switch with my Microsoft account but when ever I...

in XBoX on Windows
    I need help. I'm trying to connect to my switch with my Microsoft account but when ever I...: I need help. I'm trying to connect to my switch with my Microsoft account but when ever I finish filling it out it takes me to an Xbox 8aa6ace2-1a33-4507-9e50-62116a14af83
  10. I need to know if there is a way to switch my Xbox/Microsoft accounts Email to a different...

in XBoX Accessibility
    I need to know if there is a way to switch my Xbox/Microsoft accounts Email to a different...: My Xbox main account was made with someone else's Microsoft email, and unfortunately he's not around anymore and i have been meaning to change the accounts email but i cant get the verification...