Switching linked Xbox accounts

Discus and support Switching linked Xbox accounts in XBoX Accessibility to solve the problem; So my girlfriend owns an Xbox series X and I own a PS5. She told me I could set up a Xbox account on her console, which I did, this was a couple of... Discussion in 'XBoX Accessibility' started by Brandon Faulks, Dec 1, 2022.

1. Switching linked Xbox accounts

So my girlfriend owns an Xbox series X and I own a PS5. She told me I could set up a Xbox account on her console, which I did, this was a couple of weeks ago. However, I used my normal email which I use everyday. The address I used is different to my outlook as I never use mail on my PC. I have just gone back to my PC today, and was looking around my Microsoft account and realised I already had a Xbox account from years ago when I first got my laptop which is currently linked to my Microsoft account. Is there a way I can unlink/remove the Xbox account from my Microsoft account and replace it with the new one on my girlfriends Xbox?

Thank you in advance.

:)

Brandon Faulks, Dec 1, 2022
  2. JosefLBohorquez Win User

You’re welcome Brandon

Don't hesitate to reach the community forums if you need help in the future
    For now take care and have a good day
  3. JosefLBohorquez Win User

Hi and thanks for reaching Microsoft Xbox gamer's community. My name is Josef.

I'm an Independent Advisor and a Microsoft Xbox user like you.

Hope you're doing great today Brandon

Sorry to say but any kind of content transfer between Microsoft account can't be made

Each Xbox profile is linked to one Microsoft account

You can add and remove emails linked to a Microsoft account, but this doesn't apply to existing outlook.com *microsoft domain* emails
  4. Jesse E' Win User

Nintendo switch account linking

5. Jesse E' Win User

how can i connect my microsoft account to my switch if it says failed

Is your Microsoft account linked to a different Switch account or your Switch account linked to a different Microsoft account?
  6. EggsBoxJuan Win User

changing email address for xbox live account

support.xbox.com/.../manage-microsoft-account

-

Why do I get a “The Microsoft account (or Windows Live ID) you’re switching to is already linked to another Xbox account” error message?

If you try to switch your Xbox LIVE gamertag to a Microsoft account that is already linked to another gamertag, you will receive a message that says “The Microsoft account (or Windows Live ID) you’re switching to is already linked to another Xbox account.”

Before you can switch your gamertag in this case, you must first remove the existing gamertag from that Microsoft account:

1.Create a new Microsoft account. You will only need this new account as a temporary means of moving your gamertags. After the gamertags have been switched, you will no longer need this Microsoft account.

Example:

Gamertag A is linked to Microsoft account 1.

Gamertag B is linked to Microsoft account 2.

To swap gamertags A and B between Microsoft accounts 1 and 2, first create a third temporary account: Microsoft account 3

2.Switch the gamertag that is linked to the Microsoft account you want to use to the new temporary account you just created.

Example:

Gamertag A remains linked to Microsoft account 1.

Switch gamertag B to Microsoft account 3.

Microsoft account 2 is now free.

3.Now switch your gamertag to the Microsoft account you want to use.

Example:

Switch gamertag A to Microsoft account 2.

Gamertag B remains linked to Microsoft account 3.

Microsoft account 1 is now free.

4.To complete the swap of gamertags between the two original Microsoft accounts, you must wait 30 days. (A gamertag can be switched only once every 30 days.)

Example:

Gamertag A remains linked to Microsoft account 2.

After 30 days, switch gamertag B to Microsoft account 1.

Microsoft account 3 is now free and no longer needed.
Thema:

1. Switching linked Xbox accounts - Similar Threads - Switching linked accounts

2. Hello Is it possible for me to link my Nintendo switch Minecraft account to my Xbox account...

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Hello Is it possible for me to link my Nintendo switch Minecraft account to my Xbox account...: I got a new Xbox and got a Xbox account set up but it won’t let me create/add a Minecraft account that I already have it just makes a new one for me but that is not what I want can you help...
  3. Switching Microsoft account that is linked to a Minecraft Java Account

in XBoX Accessibility
    Switching Microsoft account that is linked to a Minecraft Java Account: when my daughter migrated her account we had switched her to my email, but i want to switch the microsoft account linked with her minecraft java account over to hers so i no longer get the emails...
  4. I recently switched my son over to using his own account for Fortnite. I was trying to link...

in XBoX Games and Apps
    I recently switched my son over to using his own account for Fortnite. I was trying to link...: I am working on trying to add vbucks to my sons Fortnite account however it was pointing to my gamer tag. In an effort to link it to his gamer tag, I am running into problems. It is not allowing...
  5. I don't know to link my nintendo switch minecraft dungeons to my microsoft account

in XBoX Accessibility
    I don't know to link my nintendo switch minecraft dungeons to my microsoft account: every time it just says to go microsoft.com/link with a code but the site doesn't come up e57ff827-b4e9-4068-93b6-62f1bbddb685
  6. When I tried linking my Nintendo switch account to my xbox it said that their was an...

in XBoX on Windows
    When I tried linking my Nintendo switch account to my xbox it said that their was an...: When I tried linking my Nintendo switch account to my xbox it said that their was an account already associated with another epic games account but it isn’t how do I solve this?...
  7. How do i link this account to my Nintendo switch

in XBoX on Consoles
    How do i link this account to my Nintendo switch: How do i link this account to my nintendo switch 831dab7d-549e-43dd-b847-4597be9aee2b
  8. Is there a way for me to link my switch account or epic games account to my Microsoft account?

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Is there a way for me to link my switch account or epic games account to my Microsoft account?: Hi, so I play Fortnite on my Nintendo Switch and I recently got a code that can be redeemed through my Microsoft account, will I get the item if I redeem it or no?...
  9. I'm trying to link a microsoft account from my ps4 to my ps5 but it won't let me switch to...

in XBoX Games and Apps
    I'm trying to link a microsoft account from my ps4 to my ps5 but it won't let me switch to...: The Microsoft account linking doesn't seem to want to link my ps4 Microsoft account to my ps5 account 2226812d-ff28-44f3-87ab-f655171c73c4
  10. My Microsoft account on switch won’t link to my MCPE version.

in XBoX Games and Apps
    My Microsoft account on switch won’t link to my MCPE version.: For some reason whenever i try to login on my switch, it takes me to a microsoft page to connect my microsoft account. But on the other hand whenever i tyr to login on my IOS device, it takes me...