Switching game profiles for logged-in users

Discus and support Switching game profiles for logged-in users in XBoX Games and Apps to solve the problem; Hello, I just purchased a Series X (my first since the 360) and I'm having trouble understanding how the individual accounts work for running games. I... Discussion in 'XBoX Games and Apps' started by kddlfcieasdf, Jan 29, 2022.

1. kddlfcieasdf
    kddlfcieasdf Guest

Hello, I just purchased a Series X (my first since the 360) and I'm having trouble understanding how the individual accounts work for running games. I leave my account logged in, alongside accounts for my two kids (managed under my family). We often take turns, so I'll be in the middle of a game and my son will want to play the same game on his account. I go to the main Xbox menu, switch to his user, but when I return to the game, it's still my game under my account. How can I make sure individual games are using the correct account without logging off and on every time? Thank you!

:)

kddlfcieasdf, Jan 29, 2022
  2. kddlfcieasdf Win User

That worked great - thank you! I had been hitting the Xbox button, then the menu and not seeing the "Quit" option but found that you have to go fully into the guide.

It would be nice of they standardized the way this works a bit better!
  3. Georges C. Win User

Hello, first it's a pleasure to be able to help you today.

My name is welcome to the community.

Hello Kddlfcieasdf, so you can do this correctly the account that has the purchased games has to be as main in the console (Home Console) that because the license of the game is attached to the account you bought, the game can be shared on Xbox but the license can not be transferred from one account to another.

To share correctly follow the instructions in the link below.

Note: Having all accounts in the family does not share games and subscriptions, so they can enjoy sharing you will have to perform as indicated below.

https://support.xbox.com/en-us/help/hardware-ne...
  4. Qeyxar Win User

The answer is highly dependent on how the game developer implemented profiles into their game.

Most games offer a way to switch profiles in their main menus. Your account will not be signed out completely in that case.

If it is not implemented then you have to manually switch profiles in the Xbox Guide (Xbox button) > Profile & system and then restart the game by clicking on it in the Xbox Guide > Three lines / Menu button > Quit

That's how I do it but I do not really have to use multiple profiles that often so there might be a better solution I don't know of
  5. Malacath Win User

Sunset Overdrive problem

Is there a switch profile option in the game?

When I've had this problem with other games I have found that using the switch profile option in the game to log out then using it again to switch back to the profile has caused the achievements to suddenly unlock
  6. CrafterCT Win User

minecraft on nintendo switch

Hello, did you find a fix for this?

I created a world on Minecraft for the switch but my sons user profiles cannot access it. They can join but only if my user profile logs in.

As you say, extremely frustrating!
Thema:

1. Switching game profiles for logged-in users - Similar Threads - Switching game profiles

2. using my switch joycons on my macbook with cloud gaming, every button seems to work except...

in XBoX on Consoles
    using my switch joycons on my macbook with cloud gaming, every button seems to work except...: using my switch joycons on my macbook with cloud gaming, every button seems to work except for the a button, it responds as if i was hitting b. any way i can fix this?...
  3. Xbox switches off when loading games?

in XBoX on Windows
    Xbox switches off when loading games?: I have an Xbox one haven't bothered upgrading because I don't really play as much anymore. Today I used my xbox for Netflix for almost 3 hours everything was fine but when I loaded up into nba it...
  4. If I switch from an original Xbox one to a series s is there a way to keep my game data

in XboX Insiders
    If I switch from an original Xbox one to a series s is there a way to keep my game data: So I might be getting a series a as I have the original Xbox one and it’s very slow. I am going to use the same Microsoft account and everything so will all my game progress save. My main worry is...
  5. does my twitch stream still pick up party audio when we switch party to in game chat on...

in XBoX Rewards & Social
    does my twitch stream still pick up party audio when we switch party to in game chat on...: does my twitch stream still pick up party audio when we switch party to in game chat on xbox? 536155e3-e923-48ea-817c-350e1ab71b7a
  6. Game maps not switching back with profile change

in XBoX Accessibility
    Game maps not switching back with profile change: I have an xbox series x, and my gf has the series s. I recently logged her into my console to play her Way of the Hunter game, and when I signed her out, and myself back in, the game stays on her...
  7. Can you switch saved game data between profiles?

in XBoX Accessibility
    Can you switch saved game data between profiles?: Dear Microsoft, My kids have extensive progress on several games On my my profile from when they were small. They have their own Profiles now. Is it possible to switch their save game progress...
  8. Switching profiles on an Xbox makes games crash

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Switching profiles on an Xbox makes games crash: My friend has an Xbox and Xbox Game Pass. I have an Xbox and Xbox Game Pass. When I’m at my friend’s place, they’ll turn on their Xbox, open a Game Pass game, and start playing. Then, I’ll...
  9. How do I switch data from one game to a different profile

in XBoX on Consoles
    How do I switch data from one game to a different profile: I have a account I wanna switch my data from that account to my new account edac5ecb-58c4-48f4-8db4-6aa8858b82f0
  10. Hi, How do we switch profiles in fortnite in Xbox cloud gaming?

in XBoX Accessibility
    Hi, How do we switch profiles in fortnite in Xbox cloud gaming?: When I enter the game, I'm not in the accounts I want 4773abcb-ba88-4860-9d8e-1617b66f6c53