Switching from Destiny 2 on Steam to D2 on Xbox Gamepass

Discus and support Switching from Destiny 2 on Steam to D2 on Xbox Gamepass in XBoX Games and Apps to solve the problem; I'm about to access D2 using the Xbox gamepass ultimate on PC. Must have enabled cross save when I switched from Battle.net to Steam, back in the day.... Discussion in 'XBoX Games and Apps' started by Phil PC, Nov 11, 2021.

1. Phil PC
    Phil PC Guest

I'm about to access D2 using the Xbox gamepass ultimate on PC.

Must have enabled cross save when I switched from Battle.net to Steam, back in the day.

Will I be able to use my Steam account sign in to access my current high level characters?

Also, my Steam accessed D2 only has Forsaken purchased on it. If I can use that account sign in for Xbox app, will I still be able to access Shadowkeep dlc and Beyond light dlc, when available.

Thanks

:)

Phil PC, Nov 11, 2021
  2. Farscape247 Win User

pretty pointless about dlc anyway, another third of the game is getting vaulted in january.
  3. Phil PC Win User

Thanks L4.

I don't have the problem of Silver fortunately.

My prime concern at present is whether I will be entitled to the dlc's on Gamepass Ultimate if I choose my Steam a/c characters to play on the Xbox app.

I don't imagine that concern can be accurately addressed here, as it's a specific Bungie X save element.

I'm currently seeking authoritative advice on the Bungie.net forums for this specific nuance, but if anyone on Microsoft forums has done exactly what I'm attempting, then their advice will be much appreciated.

Thanks again, your advice is appreciated.
  4. Phil PC Win User

Dang! It's those pesky console kiddies eh? :)

Actually, thinking on it, it's the console manufacturers. I mean, in today's world you have to be building in terabytes of storage space eh?

I've just been reassured on the Bungie forums that I can take my Steam characters onto Xbox app without losing access to the dlc's, which is brilliant coz I've already done most of Forsaken with them, so that'll save me some time.

Hooray!
  5. Phil PC Win User

Farscape,

Happy you clarified that, though it's not a problem for me.

My Steam version is the base game + Forsaken.

My Xbox app version has all dlc's, so while I won't take Forsaken over using X save, it's already active on the Xbox account.

I looked into the vaulting thing and this article is quite interesting;

https://www.eurogamer.net/articles/...ms-it-will-remove-forsaken-campaign-next-year

So, let's hope we notice improvements in the general game and that their planned Witch Queen expansion + the four new seasons content is great.

ps, have to say though that my experience is that D2 is probably the least problematic, in all departments, of any games I play, so I can't see how I'll notice any improvements in the general game.
  6. L4c3rd4 Win User

If you bought the DLC via Steam, and the same DLC is available on the Gamepass, then yes. :)

You're welcome Phil. :)
Thema:

1. Switching from Destiny 2 on Steam to D2 on Xbox Gamepass - Similar Threads - Switching Destiny Steam

2. my xbox seems to input the right direction no matter what i do, ive even switched...

in XBoX on Consoles
    my xbox seems to input the right direction no matter what i do, ive even switched...: my xbox seems to input the right direction no matter what i do, ive even switched controllers and the problem persists so i doubt its a controlelr problem 8dad8d13-6706-4fc1-8013-6e473cc000be
  3. I'm trying to play grounded with my friend I'm on switch He's on xbox. We need to add each...

in XBoX Rewards & Social
    I'm trying to play grounded with my friend I'm on switch He's on xbox. We need to add each...: I'm trying to play grounded with my friend I'm on switch He's on xbox. We need to add each other as friends. How do we do that? abf59fe2-900f-42be-b844-f2bb61d7ff3b
  4. Do i only get 1 switch back at a time¿

in XBoX on Consoles
    Do i only get 1 switch back at a time¿: I was waiting patiently for my home switches to come back but I only ended up getting 1 back, does it work like when you use the individual switch it takes a year for that 1 to come back?...
  5. Minecraft Username Switching Trouble

in XBoX on Windows
    Minecraft Username Switching Trouble: Hello, I was told to post this here rather than contacting Minecraft Support, as they no longer deal with this kind of problem since the account migration happened. I own two Minecraft accounts...
  6. using my switch joycons on my macbook with cloud gaming, every button seems to work except...

in XBoX on Consoles
    using my switch joycons on my macbook with cloud gaming, every button seems to work except...: using my switch joycons on my macbook with cloud gaming, every button seems to work except for the a button, it responds as if i was hitting b. any way i can fix this?...
  7. Where to buy buttons / switches for xbox adaptive controller?

in XBoX Accessibility
    Where to buy buttons / switches for xbox adaptive controller?: Hi I have an xbox accessibility controller (the big rectangle controller) for a disabled friend and was wondering where do I buy switches / additional buttons to plug into the controller...
  8. Xbox switches off when loading games?

in XBoX on Windows
    Xbox switches off when loading games?: I have an Xbox one haven't bothered upgrading because I don't really play as much anymore. Today I used my xbox for Netflix for almost 3 hours everything was fine but when I loaded up into nba it...
  9. How To I Retrieve my Switch Bedrock World?

in XBoX on Windows
    How To I Retrieve my Switch Bedrock World?: My Switch Bedrock World Reset Hello everyone. I’ve researched for a while now, and I don’t think there’s a fix, but one of my worlds entirely reset. I went AFK last night, came back to the game...
  10. I am unable to switch my Xbox Series X from IPv4 to IPv6 while using my college's wired...

in XBoX on Consoles
    I am unable to switch my Xbox Series X from IPv4 to IPv6 while using my college's wired...: Before my spring break, my connection worked beautifully with little to no issues in my college dorm room. When I took my Xbox X back home for spring break it worked there to with little to no...