Switching email for Xbox but not the Microsoft account ?

Discus and support Switching email for Xbox but not the Microsoft account ? in XBoX Accessibility to solve the problem; Sons Xbox account email is the same as previous work email that is being used by the new person. Need to separate the accounts or change just the email... Discussion in 'XBoX Accessibility' started by G Oliver, Feb 2, 2023.

1. G Oliver
    G Oliver Guest

Sons Xbox account email is the same as previous work email that is being used by the new person. Need to separate the accounts or change just the email for the Xbox without changing the Microsoft email. Or can I just switch all his games to another account without losing everything?

:)

G Oliver, Feb 2, 2023
  2. ChiefJoboo Win User

Transfer gamertag from one microsoft account to another

Unfortunately this is not possible and since your email is a Microsoft email (Live, Hotmail or Outlook) you can't switch the email to another one and have the account not be connected to that email anymore, technically.

You can switch the login emails around but you CAN'T switch TO a Microsoft email when you do this (Live, Hotmail or Outlook). You can switch to another email provider but you can't switch between Microsoft emails as they're permanently connected to that
    account they were created on. For example, you can't switch this account's email login to another Microsoft account because that email is attached to a Microsoft account already.

The only solution is to start over and have him create a new account and have the account that owns all the games to be set as the my home xbox account on the xbox one so that the new account can play all the games that account owns BUT the saves and any
    progress will not move over and some DLC will not share, also.

https://support.xbox.com/en-US/games/game-setup/my-home-xbox
  3. DigitalAssassin Win User

my profile

4. DigitalAssassin Win User

signing in 2different names

5. Sir Swatze Win User

Switching my Microsoft Account on my Gamertag

No, to switch the Microsoft account associated with my gamertag. The email you use to sign in with. I want to switch my email on this gamertag and you are only able to do that on the Xbox 360.
  6. SassieKat Win User

XBOX.Live account has wrong gamertag.

Thema:

1. Switching email for Xbox but not the Microsoft account ? - Similar Threads - Switching email Microsoft

2. email switch without losing original email.

in XBoX Accessibility
    email switch without losing original email.: I use my email all the time. My email is attached to my sons xbox game pass. How do I replace it without losing my email address with his or affecting how I sing into my email....
  3. I need to know if there is a way to switch my Xbox/Microsoft accounts Email to a different...

in XBoX Accessibility
    I need to know if there is a way to switch my Xbox/Microsoft accounts Email to a different...: My Xbox main account was made with someone else's Microsoft email, and unfortunately he's not around anymore and i have been meaning to change the accounts email but i cant get the verification...
  4. I need to know if there is a way to switch my Xbox/Microsoft accounts Email to a different...

in XBoX Accessibility
    I need to know if there is a way to switch my Xbox/Microsoft accounts Email to a different...: My Xbox main account was made with someone else's Microsoft email, and unfortunately he's not around anymore and i have been meaning to change the accounts email but i cant get the verification...
  5. I need help deleting my xbox account without deleting my microsoft account or switching emails

in XBoX Accessibility
    I need help deleting my xbox account without deleting my microsoft account or switching emails: I just need to switch my email on xbox accounts but the email i want to swtich to is reserved to one of my other accounts. is there any possible way that someone can swtich the email on my...
  6. Want to switch email for Xbox account without deleting Microsoft account

in XBoX Accessibility
    Want to switch email for Xbox account without deleting Microsoft account: My Xbox account is under my mom's Microsoft account. I was wondering if I was able to put my email in there and delete hers from it so it would be fully my account, without messing up her email or...
  7. can i some how switch my microsoft email between two microsoft accounts?

in XBoX Accessibility
    can i some how switch my microsoft email between two microsoft accounts?: To my knowlege i cant change the microsoft account my xbox gamertag is associated with but can i swap the emails between two accounts. Gmail has my xbox account with GamertagA Outlook has all my...
  8. HELP! I tried to switch my Microsoft email for my Xbox one account and now I can't find it.

in XBoX on Consoles
    HELP! I tried to switch my Microsoft email for my Xbox one account and now I can't find it.: Hi I tried switching my xbox profile's email from my brothers email to my email because we have shared the account for years and now he has his own and wants to use his microsoft email. I added my...
  9. I need to switch Microsft email accounts and transfer all my subscriptions, Microsoft Rewards, ...

in XBoX on Consoles
    I need to switch Microsft email accounts and transfer all my subscriptions, Microsoft Rewards, ...: I have already tried to contact Microsoft support about this and they wasted my time trying to get my problem resolved and directed me here. I am wanting to move my Xbox information and Microsoft...
  10. trying to switch my Xbox profile onto a different email, but the Microsoft account already has ...

in XBoX on Consoles
    trying to switch my Xbox profile onto a different email, but the Microsoft account already has ...: So I created my account 8 years ago using an email that doesn't exist anymore (I still remember the email address and password for it though) and about a year ago when I set up my brothers account...